spaceplane design

2 hours ago, thelordrahl88 said:

trying my hand at spaceplanes/ planes in general and seems like im not understanding whats going on should my center of lift not move upwards as i rotate the wing tips further upwards or if i move the wing to the top of the fuselage?

pics for referance

http://imgur.com/a/coYrE

The wings, filled with fuel, also have mass and as they move both the CoM and CoL move. Granted it is a bit odd to see the wings so high up on the vessel and the CoL so low, but not impossible.

Can you replicate this issue on another vessel with different wings. Might be a bug with those wings, looks like Procedural Wings mod which I also use and have not noticed a bug of this sort. 

I might add that the Mk IV spaceplane mod has parts that are vastly superior to the Mk 3 stock parts. Might be worth taking a look. I dont even use the Mk 3 stuff in my game.

Lastly, you might watch some of Scott Manly's "Beginner's guide  to Aerodynamics" videos they were a huge help when I first started playing KSP. 

Edited by Aaron Also

6 hours ago, Aaron Also said:

The wings, filled with fuel, also have mass and as they move both the CoM and CoL move. Granted it is a bit odd to see the wings so high up on the vessel and the CoL so low, but not impossible.

Can you replicate this issue on another vessel with different wings. Might be a bug with those wings, looks like Procedural Wings mod which I also use and have not noticed a bug of this sort. 

I might add that the Mk IV spaceplane mod has parts that are vastly superior to the Mk 3 stock parts. Might be worth taking a look. I dont even use the Mk 3 stuff in my game.

Lastly, you might watch some of Scott Manly's "Beginner's guide  to Aerodynamics" videos they were a huge help when I first started playing KSP. 

here is a second aircraft using mostly stock parts

http://imgur.com/a/8IJ3f

Goslash27 is right you dont have a lift vector which is very odd indicating something is wrong. 

I would start by removing any mods that effect aerodynamics, like FAR, Procedural wings, realsim overhual, ect. If the problem persists, try backing up your game data folder and saves folder and reinstall KSP. 

Sorry that is the best I can come up with. 

2 hours ago, Aaron Also said:

Goslash27 is right you dont have a lift vector which is very odd indicating something is wrong. 

I would start by removing any mods that effect aerodynamics, like FAR, Procedural wings, realsim overhual, ect. If the problem persists, try backing up your game data folder and saves folder and reinstall KSP. 

Sorry that is the best I can come up with. 

yes I did remove FAR and tried again and things seem to be working as I would expect and planes fly relatively well for how bad i am at aircraft design seems there is some conflict between FAR and some other mod i have installed tried to install FAR from a clean zip but to no avail thanks for the help though 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.