Kerbal Spice Program

Darth Badie

EJAfM8tD58JZkd-kbmYxRe9QI0Tb-jJD0zn91tfM

Hello everyone,

We want to jump start this new year’s community events with a new and amazing challenge!

The challenge consists on building a craft that looks like food within the game. There are no restriction on the kind of food you want to represent, but take into account that originality will play a key part on choosing a winner.

• Visual Mods are allowed, but you’ll have to state which ones are you using.
  • The crafts you create must also be functional and cheats are not allowed.

The prize;

Our friends of Shapeways want to show their love for this awesome community and they will be sending this amazing 3D printed Kerbal IVA Bundle to the winner!

You will have until Wednesday 25th  to share your entries on this forum via screenshots and/or gifs, then on Thursday 26th  we’ll share a poll with the finalists, so you can vote for your favourite.  

The winner will be announced next Monday 30th!

Let your creativity go wild and Bon Appétit o/

1 hour ago, Badie said:

The crafts you create must also be functional and cheats are not allowed.

In other words, is it necessary the craft can be launched, fly, or run?... Explosion should be a violation of the rules ... Is there anything else?

1 hour ago, Badie said:

You will have until Wednesday 25th  to share your entries on this forum via screenshots and/or gifs, then on Thursday 26th  we’ll share a poll with the finalists, so you can vote for your favourite.

It's close to deadline at the moment it started!

2 hours ago, Badie said:

Visual Mods are allowed, but you’ll have to state which ones are you using.

... there are mods which are literally focused on food stuff. Hell I even could make a pack of pizza toppings in under an hour.

Edited by Enceos

1 hour ago, Dman979 said:

Does it have to be stock?

According to the OP:

• Visual Mods are allowed, but you’ll have to state which ones are you using.

I assume that any attempts to use food mods will be mercilessly down-voted by the public :).

43 minutes ago, Phil deCube said:

Craft. One craft, three craft, one thousand six hundred and twenty five craft. The plural of craft is craft.

We return you to your usual program.

While the grammar police are on the crimescene, technically it would be correct to say 'the challenge consists', not 'the challenge consist'. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, I think this is a cool, accessible competition. Maybe it's not so cerebral as say the Jool 5 Challenge, but making a gigantic waffle-cone rocket and playing cup-and-ball with Minmus sounds hilarious. In fact, that could be my entry...

1 hour ago, Flord said:

Is it enabled to submit multiple entries?
If it is not, then is it enabled to update the first entrie?
(Of course befor Wednesday 25th.)

Hi Flord, 

You can submit multiple entries :)

1 hour ago, legoclone09 said:

I know what I'm doing. I'm going to make a donut. A rocket-powered donut VTOL.

What could possily go wrong?

I'm waiting to see the results ! 

Regulation is somewhat unclear, but I guess It will be okay if we build something eat that made of vanilla-parts and can move in land, sea, sky, or space.

I am looking forward to seeing lots of entries here!

Oh wait... I almost forgot. I made this little stock 4-kerban base a while back for Emiko Station. It's basically a small hitchhiker pod, probe brain, battery and an inflatable heat shield. And it's made to resemble a giant mushroom.

9Hqf1t7.png

GI3sX4A.png

Oh, and FYI, the brown antiquing effect was for that particular section of my story. I'm afraid I don't have a full color version anymore.

Edited by Just Jim