KSP Weekly: New Beginnings

SQUAD

5 minutes ago, nightingale said:

@Redneck - I may need to put that in formal logic language to verify your assertions.

if (A) → B ∴ C

A = Nightingale wrote a hook
B = There are hooks
C = Half Life 3 confirmed

Yup, looks sound.

Actually Gabe Newell in an AMA the other day said there are probably going to be more games in the Portal/Half Life universe.
NIP1zip.png

@nightingaleYes you can hook into alot of  "things" but you paid attention to those threads recently and even commented on some. They caught your eye enough to do so. So until im proved wrong or sombody else has a better idea. Im not straying from this path. As a parent myself,and at xmas time my kids would try to guess what one of thier presents was. Sometimes the one I bought (not santa's) they actually guessed it correctly. But you can't tell them they did. So the first thing you do is what? Misguide and deny and try to throw them off the trail right? Otherwise the suprise is spoiled correct? I expect no less then that in this situation. There are no right answers until the day the present is opened. So with that said...what was more fun? The guessing of what the present is? OR The guessing Itself? Or both? :sticktongue:

Edited by Redneck

4 minutes ago, Redneck said:

@nightingaleYes you can hook into alot of  "things" but you paid attention to those threads recently and even commented on some. They caught your eye enough to do so. So until im proved wrong or sombody else has a better idea.

Those were small changes that could be made to aid moddability - nothing to do with the tasks that the development team as a whole are working on.

5 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Those were small changes that could be made to aid moddability - nothing to do with the tasks that the development team as a whole are working on.

/me looks at Nightingale suspiciously "umm humm"

:fistbump:

Edited by Redneck

4 hours ago, nightingale said:

I'll give you another one:

Hide contents

Squad is working on KSP updates.

Funnily enough, this sentence has exactly the same information content as this week's KSP Weekly. Or any week's KSP Weekly.

45 minutes ago, cfds said:

Funnily enough, this sentence has exactly the same information content as this week's KSP Weekly. Or any week's KSP Weekly.

Actually, presently it has more informational content than next week's KSP Weekly, because at present that KSP Weekly is only conceptual and therefore is ineffable.

Is it just me or has the KSP community morale taken a nose dive? I remember when there were 100+ pages of comments during ksp weekly regardless of content and like a contest of who could post first. We have 2 pages as of now. 2 whole pages.

/me looks at squad, shakes head, and walks off

1 minute ago, Redneck said:

Is it just me or has the KSP community morale taken a nose dive? I remember when there were 100+ pages of comments during ksp weekly regardless of content and like a contest of who could post first. We have 2 pages as of now. 2 whole pages.

/me looks at squad, shakes head, and walks off

It's true. It's like someone keeps telling you they found a $10 bill on the road every single week and then every few weeks it's $10 and one cent.

41 minutes ago, Redneck said:

Is it just me or has the KSP community morale taken a nose dive?

I'd have to agree.  I think it's still riding on the massive dev departure, and waiting for things to stabilize.  There haven't been any major releases since that point, and Squad has changed the way they communicate again.  Not to mention the situation with console development.

Give it some time, let them get out a release, and let's see how things are looking before we start nailing plywood over the windows of the community.

(Of course, any time anything happens, someone is going to declare that it's the doom of KSP/Squad/the community/our way of life/etc...)

Guys, this ISN'T Devnotes any longer. I'm definitely not defending squad, but please don't expect it to be dev notes. 

They quite strategically renamed it KSP Weekly where they can spew the same non-committal information. 

There's absolutely no hint at content update for this game and the kerbal tea leaves are suggesting that things are on their way out with all of the departing developers. 

But for what it's worth, there's still the modding community to supplement the absolute best version of the game they've ever produced (PC strictly speaking). 

12 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

Guys, this ISN'T Devnotes any longer. I'm definitely not defending squad, but please don't expect it to be dev notes. 

They quite strategically renamed it KSP Weekly where they can spew the same non-committal information. 

Amen. Devnotes, and SQUAD, have changed, and not for the better.

There's absolutely no hint at content update for this game and the kerbal tea leaves are suggesting that things are on their way out with all of the departing developers. 

Well, they're hinting "something" but I definitely would not get too hyped for it. Who knows, it might be the best thing ever, or it might kill KSP completely, I have no idea, none of use do, except for maybe the devs, but I don't think they're 100% sure either. Also, there's more developers now then when the infamous 8 left. Trust me, they're getting new devs.

But for what it's worth, there's still the modding community to supplement the absolute best version of the game they've ever produced (PC strictly speaking). 

True that. This modding community has to be one of if not the best I've seen for a single game. They'll keep this thing alive forever.

Although I'm glad we have new devs and they are probably working hard to make KSP greater every day, I feel like these devs do not understand what KSP was all about. All the old devs leaving and the new ones replacing them should've been seen as a big (and maybe) fatal change for KSP. The old devs knew what KSP needed, and what we wanted. The devnotes would almost be a page long, and very descriptive. Now with the new devs, we're barely getting 3-8 (short) paragraphs every week. The thing that's being "hinted" is probably not even something as big as they're implying. I honestly hope for KSP to be kept alive for a while. Whether that may be devs or modders, is up to the devs and the community. Let's not assume things, but hope.

Edited by HoloYolo

6 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Well, I know the overwhelming negativity of the replies to Squad threads is getting me down. 

Well Vanamonde its getting me down to. I think it has everybody down honestly.

15 minutes ago, HoloYolo said:

Amen. Devnotes, and SQUAD, have changed, and not for the better.

Well, they're hinting "something" but I definitely would not get too hyped for it. Who knows, it might be the best thing ever, or it might kill KSP completely, I have no idea, none of use do, except for maybe the devs, but I don't think they're 100% sure either. Also, there's more developers now then when the infamous 8 left. Trust me, they're getting new devs.

True that. This modding community has to be one of if not the best I've seen for a single game. They'll keep this thing alive forever.

Although I'm glad we have new devs and they are probably working hard to make KSP greater every day, I feel like these devs do not understand what KSP was all about. All the old devs leaving and the new ones replacing them should've been seen as a big (and maybe) fatal change for KSP. The old devs knew what KSP needed, and what we wanted. The devnotes would almost be a page long, and very descriptive. Now with the new devs, we're barely getting 3-8 (short) paragraphs every week. The thing that's being "hinted" is probably not even something as big as they're implying. I honestly hope for KSP to be kept alive for a while. Whether that may be devs or modders, is up to the devs and the community. Let's not assume things, but hope.

I feel it necessary to maybe say something here at this point.
I agree with @Vanamonde - the negativity astounds me sometimes, however I don't feel it is overwhelming, but more that people that have something to complain about will, whereas those that do not, won't say much at all.
I guess in the *past* the Community were given a Lot of Dev info in a weekly thread called the "Dev Notes", but this thread isn't called that any more.  I don't think that is necessarily anything to do with the devs themselves but with the fact that KSP was being heavily developed - up to 1.0 and even up to 1.2 and now KSP has entered a new chapter.
I do take your comment about the current devs not understanding what KSP was all about as like a sword to the stomach. You couldn't be more wrong. I for one have been playing KSP  for almost 4 years and modding KSP for at least half of that.
I can assure you as the newest dev on the dev team that the team is strong and there is a lot of development work still going on.
You must learn to all have some patience. When the time is right Squad will tell you what that development is.
I *can't* say any more than that. But I can say I am very excited about it as a player of KSP for as long as I have.

2 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

I feel it necessary to maybe say something here at this point.
I agree with @Vanamonde - the negativity astounds me sometimes, however I don't feel it is overwhelming, but more that people that have something to complain about will, whereas those that do not, won't say much at all.
I guess in the *past* the Community were given a Lot of Dev info in a weekly thread called the "Dev Notes", but this thread isn't called that any more.  I don't think that is necessarily anything to do with the devs themselves but with the fact that KSP was being heavily developed - up to 1.0 and even up to 1.2 and now KSP has entered a new chapter.
I do take your comment about the current devs not understanding what KSP was all about as like a sword to the stomach. You couldn't be more wrong. I for one have been playing KSP  for almost 4 years and modding KSP for at least half of that.
I can assure you as the newest dev on the dev team that the team is strong and there is a lot of development work still going on.
You must learn to all have some patience. When the time is right Squad will tell you what that development is.
I *can't* say any more than that. But I can say I am very excited about it as a player of KSP for as long as I have.

Now see...this i like! Not only like but I respect it. Thanks @JPLRepo 

38 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

the negativity astounds me sometimes, however I don't feel it is overwhelming, but more that people that have something to complain about will, whereas those that do not, won't say much at all.

This is all too true. So, as a person who has nothing to complain about, allow me to even the scale a little. 

I enjoy KSP, and I like what Squad is doing with it. So thanks to the devs, to QA, to the community managers, and everyone else for working hard on my favorite game. Oh, and a HUGE thanks for still giving us new stuff for free. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.