[1.12.X] Feline Utility Rovers v1.3.4 (28. April 2022)

Nils277

Rather nice looking mod. Looks very much of Angel-125's "Buffalo" rover system. Overall, I congratulate you on the looks of this mod, particularly the level of detail you've put into your parts, especially the IVA's. Everything looks very sharp. Well done, sir. I look forward to giving it a test run.

Speaking of Angel's "Buffalo", he's been wrestling for some time with how to do flexible connections for his mod with only limited success. Might I humbly suggest that you two perhaps get together and exchange information? Likewise, is there any possibility of a future development of this rover parts pack someday including an adapter section to make Feline rover parts compatible with Buffalo rover parts?

7 hours ago, Riverey said:

Looks very nice!
The only suggestion is to maybe add a RPM screens to the IVA since right now there are no good rover cockpit with that =(

Support for RPM will be added eventually.

3 hours ago, Cornholio said:

This looks great. I'm interested as to what the KJR problems are. Assuming those get figured out, I'll definitely be checking this out. 

KJR causes the hitch and the bellowed joint to stay rigid. I requested to put parts with the hitch PartModule on the ignore list of KJR. This will solve the problem.

3 hours ago, sirrliv said:

Rather nice looking mod. Looks very much of Angel-125's "Buffalo" rover system. Overall, I congratulate you on the looks of this mod, particularly the level of detail you've put into your parts, especially the IVA's. Everything looks very sharp. Well done, sir. I look forward to giving it a test run.

Speaking of Angel's "Buffalo", he's been wrestling for some time with how to do flexible connections for his mod with only limited success. Might I humbly suggest that you two perhaps get together and exchange information? Likewise, is there any possibility of a future development of this rover parts pack someday including an adapter section to make Feline rover parts compatible with Buffalo rover parts?

The formfactor of the Lynx is quite similar to the one of the Buffalo, so an adapter might be possible.

I will contact Angel-125 and ask if he is interested in the flexible joints. :wink:

I'm loving this little rover, the cargo parts are great, but I'm having a small problem with the hitch and bellow. I've followed the pics as to how to put them together but the hitch only goes up and down and I cant get the bellows to work at all! I think I must be doing something wrong I just can't see what.

Any help would be fantastic. I'm not using KJR.

39 minutes ago, podge1940 said:

I'm loving this little rover, the cargo parts are great, but I'm having a small problem with the hitch and bellow. I've followed the pics as to how to put them together but the hitch only goes up and down and I cant get the bellows to work at all! I think I must be doing something wrong I just can't see what.

Any help would be fantastic. I'm not using KJR.

Did you unlock the parts?

@podge1940 you have to unlock the parts either in the VAB/SPH or in flight via the right click menu. (Or one of the keys if you set the action in the editor) 

I let the hitch and joint stay rigid at start to keep rockets stable at launch. An unlocked joint would totally destroy them. 

The slight bending of the hitch you see is 'stock' and the result of the small attachment nodes. 

Edited by Nils277

4 hours ago, Nils277 said:

@podge1940 you have to unlock the parts either in the VAB/SPH or in flight via the right click menu. (Or one of the keys if you set the action in the editor) 

I let the hitch and joint stay rigid at start to keep rockets stable at launch. An unlocked joint would totally destroy them. 

The slight bending of the hitch you see is 'stock' and the result of the small attachment nodes. 

You are so much better than me at explaining it:D

10 minutes ago, Kombat engineer said:

How about some landing legs(so you can use this as a mobile base or try to land it).

One after another :wink:

Support for KIS/KAS, Life Support and RPM have a higher priority for now. I have not yet decided if there will be means to create a base...but i'm more on the no side at the moment. There will be thrusters though you can attach to the side of the rover for landing assistance. 

Edited by Nils277

3 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

One after another :wink:

Support for KIS/KAS, Life Support and RPM have a higher priority for now. I have not yet decided if there will be means to create a base...but i'm more on the no side at at the moment. There will be thrusters though you can attach to the side of the rover for landing assistance. 

LS depends on which LS mod you choose to support. 

Edited by Kombat engineer
added LS

1 hour ago, Kombat engineer said:

LS depends on which LS mod you choose to support. 

Yes it does - And Nils has been known to support the following: TAC Life Support, USI-LS, Snacks! Continued, Kerbalism, Ioncross, ECLSS, IFI-Life Support.

So it may take him some time to get everything written up.  :wink:

14 hours ago, Nils277 said:

Well I feel like a right tool!!

It's the easy things that get missed the most.

It's working like a charm now so to the advice I've been given, I say a great big thank you and keep up the great work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.