Nils277

[1.3.0] Feline Utility Rovers v0.5.1 [8. June 2017]

397 posts in this topic

Looks very nice!
The only suggestion is to maybe add a RPM screens to the IVA since right now there are no good rover cockpit with that =(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3osyxj.jpg

My Actual Reaction In real life

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks great. I'm interested as to what the KJR problems are. Assuming those get figured out, I'll definitely be checking this out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather nice looking mod. Looks very much of Angel-125's "Buffalo" rover system. Overall, I congratulate you on the looks of this mod, particularly the level of detail you've put into your parts, especially the IVA's. Everything looks very sharp. Well done, sir. I look forward to giving it a test run.

Speaking of Angel's "Buffalo", he's been wrestling for some time with how to do flexible connections for his mod with only limited success. Might I humbly suggest that you two perhaps get together and exchange information? Likewise, is there any possibility of a future development of this rover parts pack someday including an adapter section to make Feline rover parts compatible with Buffalo rover parts?

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Riverey said:

Looks very nice!
The only suggestion is to maybe add a RPM screens to the IVA since right now there are no good rover cockpit with that =(

Support for RPM will be added eventually.

3 hours ago, Cornholio said:

This looks great. I'm interested as to what the KJR problems are. Assuming those get figured out, I'll definitely be checking this out. 

KJR causes the hitch and the bellowed joint to stay rigid. I requested to put parts with the hitch PartModule on the ignore list of KJR. This will solve the problem.

 

3 hours ago, sirrliv said:

Rather nice looking mod. Looks very much of Angel-125's "Buffalo" rover system. Overall, I congratulate you on the looks of this mod, particularly the level of detail you've put into your parts, especially the IVA's. Everything looks very sharp. Well done, sir. I look forward to giving it a test run.

Speaking of Angel's "Buffalo", he's been wrestling for some time with how to do flexible connections for his mod with only limited success. Might I humbly suggest that you two perhaps get together and exchange information? Likewise, is there any possibility of a future development of this rover parts pack someday including an adapter section to make Feline rover parts compatible with Buffalo rover parts?

The formfactor of the Lynx is quite similar to the one of the Buffalo, so an adapter might be possible.

I will contact Angel-125 and ask if he is interested in the flexible joints. :wink:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks great.  Thanks again for another awesome mod!

Peace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cornholio said:

This looks great. I'm interested as to what the KJR problems are. Assuming those get figured out, I'll definitely be checking this out. 

KJR is not needed with 1.2.2. We have Auto-strut and Rigid.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nils

Jeb and bob want you to know that they really appreciate the arrival of the ice Kream rover, as they have been without their fabulous desert for a long time:cool:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooooooooo. Planetary Base was a permanent mod and now this might have to be too. Any possibility of either/or a greenhouse or perhaps a popout living space? This looks very RV like. :D

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Starslinger999 said:

KJR is not needed with 1.2.2. We have Auto-strut and Rigid.

Slightly off-topic, how does KJR compare to the Auto-strut and Rigid setting in regards to strength?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful modelling and texturing. Love that IVA! Love the AO bake! Really nice mod!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm loving this little rover, the cargo parts are great, but I'm having a small problem with the hitch and bellow. I've followed the pics as to how to put them together but the hitch only goes up and down and I cant get the bellows to work at all! I think I must be doing something wrong I just can't see what.

Any help would be fantastic. I'm not using KJR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, podge1940 said:

I'm loving this little rover, the cargo parts are great, but I'm having a small problem with the hitch and bellow. I've followed the pics as to how to put them together but the hitch only goes up and down and I cant get the bellows to work at all! I think I must be doing something wrong I just can't see what.

Any help would be fantastic. I'm not using KJR.

Did you unlock the parts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@podge1940 you have to unlock the parts either in the VAB/SPH or in flight via the right click menu. (Or one of the keys if you set the action in the editor) 

I let the hitch and joint stay rigid at start to keep rockets stable at launch. An unlocked joint would totally destroy them. 

The slight bending of the hitch you see is 'stock' and the result of the small attachment nodes. 

Edited by Nils277
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nils277 said:

@podge1940 you have to unlock the parts either in the VAB/SPH or in flight via the right click menu. (Or one of the keys if you set the action in the editor) 

I let the hitch and joint stay rigid at start to keep rockets stable at launch. An unlocked joint would totally destroy them. 

The slight bending of the hitch you see is 'stock' and the result of the small attachment nodes. 

You are so much better than me at explaining it:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@nils277 Why not have kis kontaniers also it looks similar to the rover in "the martian" movie(matt damon on mars)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Kombat engineer said:

@nils277 Why not have kis kontaniers also it looks similar to the rover in "the martian" movie(matt damon on mars)

KIS Storage is already on the todo list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

KIS Storage is already on the todo list.

How about some landing legs(so you can use this as a mobile base or try to land it).

Edited by Kombat engineer
Grammar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kombat engineer said:

How about some landing legs(so you can use this as a mobile base or try to land it).

One after another :wink:

Support for KIS/KAS, Life Support and RPM have a higher priority for now. I have not yet decided if there will be means to create a base...but i'm more on the no side at the moment. There will be thrusters though you can attach to the side of the rover for landing assistance. 

Edited by Nils277
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nils277 said:

One after another :wink:

Support for KIS/KAS, Life Support and RPM have a higher priority for now. I have not yet decided if there will be means to create a base...but i'm more on the no side at at the moment. There will be thrusters though you can attach to the side of the rover for landing assistance. 

LS depends on which LS mod you choose to support. 

Edited by Kombat engineer
added LS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kombat engineer said:

LS depends on which LS mod you choose to support. 

Yes it does - And Nils has been known to support the following: TAC Life Support, USI-LS, Snacks! Continued, Kerbalism, Ioncross, ECLSS, IFI-Life Support.

So it may take him some time to get everything written up.  :wink:

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Nils277 said:

@podge1940 you have to unlock the parts either in the VAB/SPH or in flight via the right click menu. (Or one of the keys if you set the action in the editor) 

I let the hitch and joint stay rigid at start to keep rockets stable at launch. An unlocked joint would totally destroy them. 

The slight bending of the hitch you see is 'stock' and the result of the small attachment nodes. 

Well I feel like a right tool!!

It's the easy things that get missed the most.

It's working like a charm now so to the advice I've been given, I say a great big thank you and keep up the great work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, podge1940 said:

Well I feel like a right tool!!

It's the easy things that get missed the most.

It's working like a charm now so to the advice I've been given, I say a great big thank you and keep up the great work.

Glad is working for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now