HTC Vive mod

CrimSilk

Hi guys, 

I wondered if there's already someone working on a mod for compatibility with the HTC Vive. If not, i'm thinking about building one. Are there any Unity developers interested in cooperating with me?

I would like to try making it posible to have a VR IVA and interaction with the controls in the vehicle. Imagine flying a rocket from within the module in VR!

What do you guys think about this idea?

Any suggestions are welcome ^^

Hi @CrimSilk welcome to the forum.

I'm also a owner of a Vive and like to help you, if I can, I'm new to KSP modding and have zero experience in VR development but I surely can test whatever mod you'll do.

The only mod "VR related" that I'm aware of is this one : (only for oculus it seems and it need VorpX)

As suggestion, what about the editor (VAB/SPH) in VR ? You could have a shelf where you pick the part you want and assemble them at the scale of a rocket model :)  You could even manually wrap the adhesive tape around the rocket... A kebal can dream... :cool:

Thanks for you reply. 

I've found somebody who's already started on a Vive mod. Altough since KSP 1.2 in combination with Unity 5.5 there are some rendering issues due to the use of Direct3d 9.
https://github.com/Vivero/Kerbal-VR/issues/7

He got a bit stuck on his development because of this issues. 

If you're interested, we could fork his project and work on from there. 

You said you don't have experience in VR development, I have. Are you experienced in developing with Unity?
If so, we could start a private conversation and start on making some plans for development. 

I like your ideas about the VAB^^

Let me know if  you're interested

My experience with Unity, well... I've done the space shooter tutorial some time ago and I've done a mod for kerbal (see my sig) and... that's all.

As I said I'd like to help but I don't think my coding/unity skill are up to the task, beta testing and bug reporting, that I can do.

Good find for Kerbal-VR, @Vivero is a member of this forum but he hasn't be online for more than a year. Have you try reach him on github ? He seemed to be on a good start.  Maybe @pizzaoverhead will like to help, he did the oculus mod I link earlier.

Anyway I really hope KSP in VR become a thing, I'll keep my virtual duct tape ready :)

I've contacted @Vivero via Reddit. That's where he told me he got stuck with KSP 1.2 compatibility. 

I'm gonna read up on some KSP modding and I hope I'll make something playable ^^

Maybe on the way more people will join. But nevertheless I'll let you know if i need some testing :)

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.