More Docking Trouble!!!

Title says it all.  I can't dock in this version.  I've been playing ksp for 3 years and never had a problem docking, but magnets aren't engaging and I'm convinced it has something to do with a corrupt part file? I'm hoping someone who is good at coding can help me debug it.  I've tried changing the states of the clamp o trons to = ready to no avail.  Hopefully someone can find what I'm missing.  

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35588260/no docking luck.sfs

Thanks for the link Benoit.

As for history...

Last time I did any docking was in version 1.1 about six months ago... Before that I hadn't had any trouble since initially learning how to dock.  I have since built a new pc and hooked up the x64 version so that I could play with a lot of mods (my modlist is in an image in the following dropbox folder link)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oiax7tjiritjigl/AABBT2QASW00JLElCZDVNrRJa?dl=0

Since I created the post I played around a bit. I found that one of my ports was able to dock with other parts...  

The image in the dropbox foulder titled: 'ksp_image.jpg' shows a tug I buildtfor a station as well as a pod.  When I try to connect the two of them the magnets don't engage, the docks don't work. This example shows the trouble I was having when I tried to connect any other ports on the station I started. The weird thing now is when I flip the tug around it connects with no trouble to the pod using a clamp o tron on the backside(circled in the image with the letter B).

I also uploaded a save with fewer vessels (no luck docking.sfs) so maybe looking at the save something will stick out on the part, within the text, to more experienced eyes?

Let me know what else I can add to make more sense!

Thanks again!

Bojc,

It seems to be quite a naughty one... After several minutes of research, I can't find anything to point my finger at for your bug. The closest I've found was a bug related to Hullcam VDS that would prevent you from docking, but you don't have that mod...

However, I've found this thread:

There are some workaround in this, you'll need to try it. It seems a part of that bug was corrected in this:

But it is no longer maintained... So no luck here. Yet, you may find useful informations in here.

And lastly, you can try this program, which might fix things from outside the game. Have a look:

I'm sorry I can't find a real solution for your problems. Still, you can remove mod by mod from your gamedata folder, and check which one was the culprit. Good luck mate.

Problem doesn't appear to be with your craft/save or the mods you are using. With all the same mods and the provided save file I dock just fine with both ends of the pod. I removed scatterer because it was taking RAM usage from 3GB to 21GB in about 30 seconds and crashing KSP.

Maybe delete all the mods and clear CKAN cache if you are using CKAN, reinstall them all? Have you customized anything?

If it helps I docked 3 fuel tanks and a docking port expander just yesterday

version 1.2.2 without any issues, so I don't think it is program version or mod but rather a combo that isn't happy,, I would suggest that you clean out the datafolder and add 1 at a time to see that things can work.

also module manager can have all the files cleared out and just the .dll added to the root of datafolder(2.7+ works)(unless you have manualy configured something within).don't forget to "set as target" and "control from here"as they are needed.. I also found if you try to dock an start too close they won't attach so I just back up a bit and re-approach(not sure if this is similar too any thing you are experiencing)(and yes only ports of similar size dock together).

hope this helps

Jammer

Edited by Jammer-TD
Grammer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.