1.3 And More: Confirmed Features

How about

Solar Flares and Radiation management - could include a basic spectrum of challenges, eg: seperate shielding types for different threats (neutrons, charged particles, EM etc)

This would make manned travel far more costly than unmanned, at least beyond the Kerbin magnetosphere (with the exception of the Van Kallen belts ofc.) so some extra advantage of taking crew would be appropriate - such as enhanced sciencing (but that is another topic).

Want to bum around Kerbin-Mun-Minmus? Not much in the way of shielding required, unless you intend to spend significant time orbiting within the Van Kallen belts.

Want to get to Duna? Gonna need some shielding.

Want to get to Jool? Gonna need shielding for the journey AND take into account the radiation environment of a gas giant.

Want to get to the far reaches of the system? You will probably want a nice tasty nuclear engine. With a nice heavy shadow shield.

Extra challenge. Extra detail. More ways to customise your craft ideas. What more do you want?

Screw this Im putting this in its own thread :)

Edited by p1t1o

You're welcome. Obviously, it's still a reasoned gut feeling, so I may be horribly wrong...

But if we just look at things 'missing' in the core game... it's a proper tutorial / campaign. It's a logical connection between missions... it's that missions lack any sort of common sense, despite the game facilitating much more advanced gameplay with the features already present. The devs have, in the past, expressed interest in adding a 'story mode'... which could be a campaign to play through and guide beginning players through the game. Now... if I were a dev... and I'm looking at the current contract weighing system... I think it's not ideal. A good try... but not entirely there yet. So, if we get a fully modular system, one that allows modders to easily add story elements, extended campaigns or other forms of advanced narrative gameplay to the game... that's something that's going to keep the game alive, get creativity running and to be enthusiastic about as a developer AND player.

It's definitely something modders could hook into. It's definitely something many players would be enthusiastic about, and if it's fully mod-able it holds amazing potential in keeping the game alive. KSP is a great platform for emergent gameplay (one look at the challenges forum proves that). And it pretty much fixes the insanely steep learning curve.

- Life support
- Career revamp
- Visual overhaul
- Science/tech tree revamp

Other ideas that could make sense and appear here and there:

- story mode

- ecology/terraformation/colonization

I'm also pondering a career-level multiplayer. No realtime flight wing-by-wing, but creating contracts for others for e.g. cooperative station building or subcontracting jobs like 'make me a Duna relay network.'

On 2/4/2017 at 10:11 AM, Unknown account x1 said:

I would like adding Gas Planet 2 and Gas Planet 3

I've been wanting Gas Planet 2 for quite a significant amount of time now. However, the Outer Planets Mod has been holding me over for quite some time now. 

On 2/7/2017 at 9:41 AM, Oliverm001x said:

Perhaps adding a comet and/or outer dwarf planets would also be an intriguing addition!

Both of which would make me like a little girl in a candy shop. 

However, considering the dev team and KSP dev history, I think it's more likely to be something along the lines of life support.

14 minutes ago, Raven. said:

Both of which would make me like a little girl in a candy shop. 

However, considering the dev team and KSP dev history, I think it's more likely to be something along the lines of life support.

7ab4e4a47461f06a7db3e8c356d0ffb1.jpg

:P 

I too would like a comet and outer planets, but after the devs make the current planets more interesting.

I too think that the history points towards a gameplay change, like life support or a career change. Personally, I think it's going to be a career change.

Forget console ports, they are working on a bespoke KSP console. It will be 15% the size of a playstation with 6x the processing power and 4terrabytes of RAM. It comes with all former versions of KSP (including secret dev versions, plus a few "extra" ones just for the console) hard-coded and will have a 100GB hard disk just for downloading mods. It will also run a solid-state harddrive specifically just to miantain a detailed record of the last 15 hours of gameplay so that you can effortlessly rollback your save to any moment in that time. It will also come with a party bag that includes, amongst other things, a cupcake with mint-green buttercream icing.

The big secret project? It's going to be something like the Shapeways thing, ultimately disappointing to everyone but a tiny segment of the playerbase, completely unrelated to the game itself.

Edited by regex

33 minutes ago, regex said:

The big secret project? It's going to be something like the Shapeways thing, ultimately disappointing to everyone but a tiny segment of the playerbase, completely unrelated to the game itself.

I don't think they ever pretended that was anything other than an external project.

4 minutes ago, Temeter said:

I don't think they ever pretended that was anything other than an external project.

vOv it was just an example. I look forward to being pleasantly surprised but you couldn't pay me to get hyped for a Squad secret project at this point.

Just now, regex said:

vOv it was just an example. I look forward to being pleasantly surprised but you couldn't pay me to get hyped for a Squad secret project at this point.

Haha, I won't hype myself either. The game is already so complete it would be hard to pull a big surprise.

Although a competent continuation to porkjets engines or enhanced IVA gameplay would be dope.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.