1.3 And More: Confirmed Features

As said, not gonna :wink:

Game is finished to me, and I got a whole lot more than my 'moneys worth' out if it, everything but more important fixes is a bonus.

Well, I think technically I'm entitled to eventual DLCs, because I bought around 0.18 or so. Thinking about it, maybe they are going to announce DLC? They are updating the game via conventional updates for years now.

Edited by Temeter

16 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Well, I think technically I'm entitled to eventual DLCs, because I bought around 0.18 or so. Thinking about it, maybe they are going to announce DLC? They are updating the game via conventional updates for years now.

What are they going to add via DLC that I can't already get via mod?

1 hour ago, nascarlaser1 said:

if they just released 1.2.2, wouldn't they release 1.3.3 next? (I don't fully understand how counting work when it comes to version numbers).

No. It could be 1.2.3, or 1.2.2.1, or whatever. What you wrote was 1.1.3, which has been released awhile back. What I assume you meant to write was 1.3

25 minutes ago, regex said:

Extensive IVA gameplay :cool:

Also, even if you add something a mod could theoretically do, that doesnt mean a stock implementation wouldnt improve things. Think how Remotecontrol got better by stock adding it's antenna system.

Edited by Temeter

3 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Extensive IVA gameplay :cool:

They might as well write a new game for that. Reminds me of the station thing in EVE-O, so damn useless...

3 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Also, even if you add something a mod could theoretically do, that doesnt mean a stock implementation wouldnt improve things. Think how Remotecontrol got better by stock adding it's antenna system.

RemoteTech? If RT2 fixed it's PID controller it would be superior to the stock implementation. Last time I used it my transfer vehicles acted like dying fish...

2 minutes ago, John FX said:

A full size solar system with every planet having the correct inclination.

We're already getting that through Principia, eventually. And Principia is something Squad will never tackle.

17 minutes ago, regex said:

We're already getting that through Principia, eventually. And Principia is something Squad will never tackle.

Did they ever find a fix the "all planets' axis must be parallel" thing? Or is that too deeply-rooted in the game engine?

7 minutes ago, Jarin said:

Did they ever find a fix the "all planets' axis must be parallel" thing? Or is that too deeply-rooted in the game engine?

I saw some screenshots from eggrobin at one point of axial tilt, hopefully I'm not misremembering them (I've slept since then).

2 hours ago, regex said:

Console DLC.

2 hours ago, John FX said:

A full size solar system with every planet having the correct inclination.

Although this is another thing I won`t hold my breath for.

Haha.  Now you're dreaming.  (goes to cry in a corner)

My theory of what they're working on is "Don't know means don't know, eventually we'll find out."  :P

14 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

(how was that, oh master of the art of snarkyness, Lord @Snark?)

Not bad, I suppose, though it's hardly my area of expertise.  You've got the wrong etymological source of my username:wink: 

(Like just about everyone, all the time... sigh.)

9 minutes ago, Snark said:

Not bad, I suppose, though it's hardly my area of expertise.  You've got the wrong etymological source of my username:wink: 

Oh, my bad. Is it this: Snark (Lewis Carroll), a fictional animal species in Lewis Carroll's The Hunting of the Snark (1876)

Edited: Just saw the hyperlink in your previous post. Excuse me for being non-observant.

Edited by adsii1970

1 hour ago, Snark said:

You and I probably should have switched usernames a long time ago...

3 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Moderators' inside information: 

Reveal hidden contents

They won't tell us. :huh: 

Jesus, I have never been so quickly excited-then-disappointed! (The time it took me to parse that one sentence comment, see the spoiler, click on it and read.)

But honestly, that they havn't told you anything is a datapoint that I appreciate :)

SCIENCE

10 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Serious guess: They are continuing Porkjet's part overhaul.

Optimistic guess: Multiplayer.

Serious reply: part overhauls were specifically excluded from any current and near-future work. It's something they "might get back to at some point". AKA don't hold your breath, especially not for this current super-secret project.

Multiplayer is quite an optimistic guess, too, yes. But while that one has always been earmarked as a far-future project, at this point it's been earmarked for so long that the far future of the past might as well be the present of today. I mean, I don't consider it in any way likely... but on account of not being specifically excluded, it's a small bit more likely than a parts overhaul.

Which puts us in kind of a strange place, because Multiplayer and a parts overhaul are pretty much the only two major items left from the last time Squad actually made any statements about future development beyond the content of the very next patch. There isn't anything else left on the list to check off that I remember. I mean, things like gas giant 2 were promised a long time ago, true, but any need for that has long been supplanted by mods (which add way more than anything Squad could hope to add themselves). Additionally, adding another planet doesn't solve the issue that most places apart from Minmus aren't worth visiting for more than a single flags & footprints mission. There is much more to be gained by reworking existing planets to be more interesting.

I've long kept my fingers crossed for such a "worldbuilding update", where everything that already exists gets much more fleshed out instead of having new stuff added. This kind of thing would be my personal jackpot for the secret project. Although, consider that Squad is currently working on fixing terrain seams around KSC, and they're not making any secrets about that at all. What does it mean? Are they doing that work now because they are working on planets and environments in secret anyway? Or are they so public about it because the project they wish to keep secret is completely unrelated to planets and environments?

And then, well, there's the idea of a graphics overhaul. Stuff like clouds have been entertained by devs as "would love to have" multiple times, though it was never officially put it on the roadmap (IIRC). Meanwhile, mods like Stock Visual Terrain make you realize just how poor and dated the stock textures are at this point; Scatterer gives a small hint of what the Unity engine is actually capable of under the hood; RealPlume Stock Configs has shown that proper exhaust effects are by no means in opposition with the visual theming of the game; and so on and so forth. There's a lot of potential here, huge amounts of reatively low-hanging fruit.

So yeah. I can speculate about what I'd like to see, but I can't really name anything that I personally consider particularly likely. Squad has been surprisingly competent at hiding stuff from us this time around. :P

Edited by Streetwind

On 12/02/2017 at 7:29 PM, Raven. said:

I've been wanting Gas Planet 2 for quite a significant amount of time now. However, the Outer Planets Mod has been holding me over for quite some time now. 

Both of which would make me like a little girl in a candy shop. 

However, considering the dev team and KSP dev history, I think it's more likely to be something along the lines of life support.

Haha! Indeed, proceeding life support, would most presumably be enhancements to the orbiting bodies, followed by additional destinations, all of which are exciting features. :) 

Edited by Oliverm001x

14 hours ago, regex said:

The big secret project? It's going to be something like the Shapeways thing, ultimately disappointing to everyone but a tiny segment of the playerbase, completely unrelated to the game itself.

Yay. Good ole' grumpy regex is back :D 

It's gotta be appealing in bang-for-buck terms, it has to be something that can be completed in one release by two experienced devs plus a gaggle of new hires, and it has to fit alongside their other projects. I think localization is a heavier burden for the artists and QA than for the programmers (gotta check all those textures and make new ones), so I'd take big visual changes off the table.

So by process of elimination, my guess is a first pass at a simple shmelta-vee readout.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.