Sharing custom parts

I have started messing with .cfg files to get the parts I'm in need of.  Now I would like to share these craft, but I am not sure of the best way to get the new parts to people besides explaining the value changes to the files.  I would really like to get these out there so I could get some feedback, but I don't feel that people will go through the trouble of manually editing files.  Any guidance is appreciated, this is the first time I've dabbled in this type of stuff.  

Here is the craft I'm currently working on and plan to refine for better appearance.

https://kerbalx.com/ForScience6686/B-1-Refueler-WIP

And the trainer to go along with it.

https://kerbalx.com/ForScience6686/F-1-Trainer

TIA, hope this is something easy I've overlooked.

10 minutes ago, ForScience6686 said:

can they just be shared and placed in the proper locations?

With part configs you can do whatever you want. But if i was a user and some time later discovered that my files were overwritten by a mod then i do not think that I'd like that...

Fun fact: making MM patches for new parts is probably 25% of the work required to make copies of existing parts and modifying them.

5 minutes ago, ForScience6686 said:

I made new files to go along with the originals, and can be deleted independently.

In that case it's me that i did not understand you. I did not read the instructions correctly and assumed that you are overwriting stock files...

It will work for now but since you asked for the best way to distribute new parts based on the stock ones then i have to insist that MM is the best way. Not one of the best, the best.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.