[1.6.X] Surface Experiment Pack - Deployable science for KIS/KAS! (v2.7 - 13/Jan/19)

CobaltWolf

I hope this mod is still being supported, I love it so much that it's one of my essential mods. I just did a fresh KSP install, deleted every mod and started a new career and would like this mod to be 1.3 compatible.

I'm not one of those guys who badgers authors after an update; the only worrying thing is that this forum hasn't seen a reply in over 2 weeks. So, like I said, hope this mod's still getting some love.

13 hours ago, ItsSeanBroleson said:

I hope this mod is still being supported, I love it so much that it's one of my essential mods. I just did a fresh KSP install, deleted every mod and started a new career and would like this mod to be 1.3 compatible.

I'm not one of those guys who badgers authors after an update; the only worrying thing is that this forum hasn't seen a reply in over 2 weeks. So, like I said, hope this mod's still getting some love.

This mod is certainly getting some love, I just haven't been actively developing it - I have a community that constantly badgers me for Bluedog updates! :P I'll message @DMagic and ask about an update. We also have a bunch more bugfixes courtesy of helpful users on our Github that can be included.

EDIT: We have released a small patch, v2.1.6 which includes some general bug fixes and is for KSP 1.2.2. @DMagic says that a 1.3 compatible version of the SEP plugin should be ready shortly - likely by the end of the day - after which we will release SEP v2.2 for KSP 1.3. :)

Edited by CobaltWolf

SEP v2.1.6 and SEP v2.2 have been released for KSP 1.2.2 and 1.3, respectively. Get them from Github or Spacedock!

EDIT: So, I did a dumb. A few weeks ago @cakepie offered to rebalance the weights, volumes, etc for the SEP parts. We agreed we'd push it when 1.3 was released. And then I forgot to include it in SEP v2.2! Point is, SEP v2.3 is now out with those changes. Please redownload if you've already grabbed v2.2

Edited by CobaltWolf

So, quick question: should this be compatible (even with just generic messages) with planet packs not specifically listed, in my particular case Galileo's Planet Pack? This looks like a fun little mod to make the science system more interesting and elaborate than "land, press designated action group, have a Kerbal hop out and click a couple buttons, return, lift off before two minutes have passed".

On 6/4/2017 at 7:47 AM, Starman4308 said:

So, quick question: should this be compatible (even with just generic messages) with planet packs not specifically listed, in my particular case Galileo's Planet Pack? This looks like a fun little mod to make the science system more interesting and elaborate than "land, press designated action group, have a Kerbal hop out and click a couple buttons, return, lift off before two minutes have passed".

Not tested to verify, but I believe this will work, albeit you will always get the "default" messages only.

Just now, cakepie said:

Not tested to verify, but I believe this will work, albeit you will always get the "default" messages only.

Alrighty, thanks for that; I'll probably try installing it in the next few days.

I know to some extent there's "test it yourself", but with my save games being a gigantic, fragile, teetering pile of mods, I try to be careful about things.

Ho

48 minutes ago, Starman4308 said:

Alrighty, thanks for that; I'll probably try installing it in the next few days.

I know to some extent there's "test it yourself", but with my save games being a gigantic, fragile, teetering pile of mods, I try to be careful about things.

honestly as a mod author I prefer seeing that sort of due diligence and responsibility rather than some vague demand for help after it all crashes down. :)

My Engineer placed the experiments just off the Launchpad.  However, my Scientist could not calibrate nor start the experiments.  I've used SEP on Mun and Minmus in KSP 1.2.2.  Does SEP not work on Kerbin?  My Scientist and Engineer are Level 1; might that be the problem?  Thanks.

I just put a sep down at the ksp last night. Engineer with no stars put it together and scientist fired up one of the 2. The other said only 75%, so I left it off until i had a higher level scientist.

So am I right in my understand that, contrary to the information on the front page, this isn't actually compatible with RemoteTech? I feel like you should update that ASAP if that's the case.... Just wasted maybe an hour of my time setting up multiple experiments that apparently won't even work?

2 hours ago, Homozygote said:

So am I right in my understand that, contrary to the information on the front page, this isn't actually compatible with RemoteTech? I feel like you should update that ASAP if that's the case.... Just wasted maybe an hour of my time setting up multiple experiments that apparently won't even work?

You can fly a second mission to the site and collect the data by hand. I've done this before and it's kinda fun -- just make a story up about the antenna failing or something. Maybe take a little rover along too.

17 minutes ago, Homozygote said:

Thanks, good to know. Perfectly happy to do that. I still feel like compatibility shouldn't be explicitly mentioned in the OP....

Totally agree there, although it explicitly didn't work before so maybe it's actually meant to be working now. Perhaps you need to surface attach an RT antenna to the base station or something? I've not tried it since the update yet,

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Oh dear... please tell me that doesn't work? Haha

The decision to add such a module was out of whimsy and purely aesthetic consideration, I assure you :)

I was also the other day skimming the ETS thread and came upon this.

j3BvClj.png

Possible addition idea?

Edited by 500Motels

1 hour ago, 500Motels said:

The decision to add such a module was out of whimsy and purely aesthetic consideration, I assure you :)

I was also the other day skimming the ETS thread and came upon this.

Possible addition idea?

There are already some parts that are partially modeled that need to get finished... I dunno, creating new SEP assets just hasn't been a priority for me.

I have a problem with SEP mod... I cannot connect power connectors. Last time I used SEP in 1.0.5, there were nodes on central station to plug connectors in. Now I don't see any nodes to plug in?

Something is changed in the way it should connect or am I missing something. (Tried by engineer with wrench / SEP screwdriver)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.