[1.2.2] Smashing Industries - Parts Pack (v0.3)

SmashingKirby148

Welcome to Smashing Industries!

So, basically, this is a thread for a WIP pack I'm making, which adds more parts to the game. Simple enough. :P

Not only will they be useful for me, and for you, the reader, the community, but it should also provide a learning experience for me as I'm going to attempt to make other parts I haven't made before. ( parachutes, landing legs, solar panels, docking ports, launch clamps, and although I have made pods before, I have never made an IVA, because I just don't have a clue how to. :P )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current progress

http://imgur.com/a/3roaH

Most recent addition: Mainsail, Skipper and Spark Remodel (inspired by @Porkjets ideas) and a 2.5 metre Science Package (animation a bit buggy)

idcbooH.gif

---------- Download ----------

fTpEp1T.png

-------------------------------

Stay tuned for more!

Creative Commons Licence

Smashing Industries is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Edited by SmashingKirby148
Update

4 minutes ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

Hmmm... I'm not too sure how to make normal maps. I remember trying once, but it didn't turn out right. :S

It will make your stuff look A LOT better. Basically, you make a 2D height map (50% gray base, anything darker is lower, anything lighter sticks out) and then let Unity or xNormal convert it into a normal map from grayscale. Little bit more info here

13 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

It will make your stuff look A LOT better. Basically, you make a 2D height map (50% gray base, anything darker is lower, anything lighter sticks out) and then let Unity or xNormal convert it into a normal map from grayscale. Little bit more info here

Hmmm... I'll try and focus the next update on that before I work on anything else, because If you say it makes such an improvement then what have I got to lose? :P

Sorry I've been away guys! My internet shut down for 3 or 4 days so I couldn't do anything. And school has really been straining my time since when I go home, I don't want to work for the rest of the day on the mod (or else I'll get burnt out (or maybe I'm a procrastinator (maybe both))) so I get very little time at home since I'm 30 minutes of a drive away from school, and school lasts from 9:00am to 3:35pm (or to 3:20 on Thursdays and Fridays). Fortunatly though, I am quite a doodler, but my doodles are actually the plans for new parts for this mod. Now that the weekend is here, and I have my internet back, it's time to start making some parts. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

You should post screenshots so people can see your work! :)

I did have those renders I showed you, but I never realised for each one I saved, I overwrote the last one, so right now the current only render I have is the Poodle Rework I showed you. But yeah, tomorrow I will post pictures. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.