Star Wars : EP VIII Title Announced!

OrbitalBuzzsaw

Do you like the title?  

17 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure Yet

I, on one hand, think that the title is saying "HEY! LOOK! ITS LUKE!" not "oh no, Luke's dead!"

what we learned from the awful {insert insulting word here} prequels, is that the Jedi isn't just "hey look! you have the force! your now a Jedi!" its that they train and study for basically their entire childhood for the chance to get to become a Padawon, which aren't considered Jedi, so Rey would be considered a Padawon once she begins her training, so technically, Luke would still be the last Jedi

and also, when they are first talking about firing starkiller base, Snoke (that big holography guy) calls Luke the last JEDI, so that makes Luke the last Jedi.

awww DANGIT!!! someone else said that, I really should read the entire thread :( 

Edited by StupidAndy

15 hours ago, Firemetal said:

I believe "The Last Jedi" is referring to Luke, not Rey as she is not yet a Jedi.

14 hours ago, razark said:

Not yet, but by the end of the movie, she could be.

You can take both.

In the beginning Luke will be The Last Jedi, then he dies disincarnates (what they usually do), giving Rey his Jedaism, and Rey will be The Last Jedi.

P.S.
So, the next part will be named "Episode IX: Still the last Jedi"

Edited by kerbiloid

On 1/23/2017 at 6:29 PM, adsii1970 said:

@Red Iron Crown It's not even about a good science fiction movie franchise... Star Wars VII was bad enough as it is - total disappointment with some cool CGI special effects. Is all you can do is move this thread to the Lounge? Maybe we need a new forum location called "The Dumpster"...

how dare you

8 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

Oh, come now, there's no accounting for taste. I'll bet there's probably even folks here who think that Star Trek is good science fiction.

My friend, I think the thread you're looking for is this one:

:sticktongue:

(In all seriousness, calling them "science fiction" at all is wrong. They're science fantasy. Magical space wizards and tricorders.)

Edited by 0111narwhalz
Close yo brackets!

10 minutes ago, TotallyNotHuman_ said:

As a former Trekkie (trekker?) I can't help but agree. "Have a problem? Ooh, [insert completely nonsensical technobabble here], it's fixed!"

You laugh. According to David Gerrold, when they were reviewing scripts for TNG they would actually get scripts that had [Insert Technobabble Here] actually written in them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.