[Most 1.12.x] Near Future Technologies (August 26)

Nertea

10 minutes ago, lovec1990 said:

i might have a issue:

In tracking station i cannot see my ship mostly build with NFT parts while other stock ship is visible i only see blue path and green signal light any one had same issue?

Did not encounter this during testing. Does the offending craft use only NFT parts, or are other mods involved as well?

If only NFT parts, upload the craft file for my and I'll take a look. If it has other parts, please try narrowing down the source of the mod conflict first by trying to reproduce the issue with some mods removed.

Edited by Streetwind

Just now, Streetwind said:

Did not encounter this during testing. Does the offending craft using only NFT parts, or are other mods involved as well?

If only NFT parts, upload the craft file for my and I'll take a look. If it has other parts, please try narrowing down the source of the mod conflict first by trying to reproduce the issue with some mods removed.

only mod i have is mechjeb but this ship does not have it instaled there are only few stock parts other stuff is NFT.

How do i send you my ship?

5 hours ago, panarchist said:

@Nertea - Loving the new NFE Reactor UI - a lot cleaner.

I can't recall if this was asked before, but is there a chance in the future that the mods will be rolled up into a single directory, like USI, WildBlue, TriggerTech, and others have done?  It would make it easier for those of us who are running 50-75 mods and use most of your catalog to navigate our GameData folder.  If not, that's cool - but don't ask, don't get, so to say.

Thanks so much for the hard work and for putting up with the crowd - hard to get anything done with 500+ people complaining that mod X isn't updated for 1.3.

I just want to put in a vote *against* doing that: It makes it harder to update in my opinion, as it takes more work to manually merge the sub-folder than just dropping in and overwriting the folder in Gamedata.  Also, I tend to find it easier to find the the specific part/mod I want if it's in a well-named folder that has something to do with the mod, instead of having to dig into all kinds of unrelatedly-named top-level folders to figure out which one contains the mod that I'm looking for.

I like USI and WildBlueIndustry's mods - but they take easily twice as much time and work to update as any other mod, and whenever I have to I always wish they were packaged more like Near Future Technologies...

@NerteaThank you for the update and the extras. I really like the new shrouded panels and the addition of a shroud to the heavy command module. The new nukes and thermal panels look sweet too.

2 hours ago, lovec1990 said:

i might have a issue:

In tracking station i cannot see my ship mostly build with NFT parts while other stock ship is visible i only see blue path and green signal light any one had same issue?

@lovec1990

That didn't happen to me and I've been playing for few hours. Are you sure your missing ship is not accidentally categorized as station or relay and you have those categories hidden?

Edited by Kerbital

44 minutes ago, DStaal said:

I just want to put in a vote *against* doing that: It makes it harder to update in my opinion, as it takes more work to manually merge the sub-folder than just dropping in and overwriting the folder in Gamedata.  Also, I tend to find it easier to find the the specific part/mod I want if it's in a well-named folder that has something to do with the mod, instead of having to dig into all kinds of unrelatedly-named top-level folders to figure out which one contains the mod that I'm looking for.

I like USI and WildBlueIndustry's mods - but they take easily twice as much time and work to update as any other mod, and whenever I have to I always wish they were packaged more like Near Future Technologies...

USI is easy now - download the Constellation and delete the directories you don't want.  I get it, though - if the mod maker does not include all the common files in each piece, then merging by hand on MacOS or Linux is a real pain.  If NFT was packaged like that, it'd make getting all of them easy - rather than downloading 6-8 different mods.  But that's a nitpick, because other than the multiple downloads, NFT is really simple to get set up.

6 hours ago, DStaal said:

I just want to put in a vote *against* doing that: It makes it harder to update in my opinion, as it takes more work to manually merge the sub-folder than just dropping in and overwriting the folder in Gamedata.

Agreed.  Also, mods in subdirectories are harder to check for with MM :NEEDS[] rules.

I had 62 mods installed in my 1.2 game (well within the 50-75 range that the original request mentioned), including all of Nertea's, and I didn't mind the separate top-level folders at all.

Edited by Wyzard
Fixed mod count (had accidentally counted the MM cache files)

12 hours ago, Kerbital said:

@NerteaThank you for the update and the extras. I really like the new shrouded panels and the addition of a shroud to the heavy command module. The new nukes and thermal panels look sweet too.

@lovec1990

That didn't happen to me and I've been playing for few hours. Are you sure your missing ship is not accidentally categorized as station or relay and you have those categories hidden?

my mistake its orbital map not tracking station tracking station works

3 hours ago, lovec1990 said:

Eureka:

Its the command pod if i change it with other NFT command pod no issues

So when you right click on the command pod and choose Rename Vessel what vessel type is it?

screenshot3.png

Edited by Kerbital

@Nertea, those new solar panels are really cool, and the new textures and updated IVA's for the NF Spacecraft look really sharp. :)

All your work is impressive, but I wanted to say thanks for the IVA work in particular since we know that's something you don't like dealing with one bit.  My favorite features are the hanging tablet-looking displays in the PPD-1 cockpit.

I've had a long-time crashing issue with KSP that, until now, has baffled me. What would happen is that my screen would go blank, I'd hear Windows play an event sound, and then I had no choice but to power down my PC. This happens sporadically, most often in the VAB. It also happens in-flight, but a bit less so. Maybe because I spend more time building contraptions than flying them.

Since playing 1.3 (and stripping me of all mods), the game has totally stopped crashing for me. As I've slowly added back updated mods, the game has remained stable. Until I put back NF and started editing my contraptions again.

I've included my game log below. The crash indicates my video card ran out of memory. I'm running an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, which has 4 GB of RAM, at a resolution of 3840 x 2160. The exact action I was performing in the VAB, with a complex ship open, was extending and retracting one of the new photo voltaic panels to check it out.

Guess all those textures going at once is too much for my card.

[LOG 12:23:13.650] [ApplicationLauncher] OnSceneLoadedGUIReady: scene EDITOR ShouldBeVisible() True ShouldBeOnTop() False iIsPositionedAtTop True
[LOG 12:23:13.651] [ApplicationLauncher] SpawnSimpleLayout: HorizontalRightLeft
[LOG 12:23:13.654] ScaleModList: listSize 41 maxListSize 2289
[LOG 12:23:13.656] ScaleModList: listSize 41 maxListSize 2289
[LOG 12:23:13.657] ScaleModList: listSize 41 maxListSize 2289
[LOG 12:23:13.658] ScaleModList: listSize 82 maxListSize 2280
[LOG 12:23:13.659] ScaleModList: listSize 41 maxListSize 2280
[LOG 12:23:13.659] [Kopernicus]: StarLightSwitcher: Set active star => Sun
[LOG 12:23:14.136] [UIApp] OnDestroy: ContractsApp
[LOG 12:23:14.311] ScaleModList: listSize 82 maxListSize 2280
[LOG 12:23:14.316] [MessageSystem] Reposition 0.02 34570
[WRN 12:23:14.322] UIList: RemoveItem didn't find any item to remove.
[LOG 12:23:14.609] [UIApp] Adding EngineersReport to Application Launcher
[LOG 12:23:14.611] ScaleModList: listSize 82 maxListSize 2239
[LOG 12:23:14.634] [UIApp] Adding KSPedia to Application Launcher
[LOG 12:23:14.636] ScaleModList: listSize 82 maxListSize 2198
[LOG 12:23:14.636] [GenericAppFrame] Reposition 0.2285863 34576
[LOG 12:24:04.440] deleting part solarpanel-deploying-2x3-1
[LOG 12:24:18.375] solarpanel-blanket-3 added to ship - part count: 491
[ERR 12:24:42.424] D3D device reset failed [out of memory]

[LOG 12:24:42.424] Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)
[ERR 12:24:42.620] D3D device reset failed [out of memory]

[LOG 12:24:42.620] Skipped rendering frame because GfxDevice is in invalid state (device lost)
[ERR 12:24:42.754] D3D device reset failed [out of memory]

36 minutes ago, JonathanPerregaux said:

I've had a long-time crashing issue with KSP that, until now, has baffled me

*snip*

Guess all those textures going at once is too much for my card.

This should never happen. The graphics driver should manage the available memory and prevent overloading it. With a full VRAM, you're supposed to see hard stutters and frame drops as content needs to be repeatedly removed and re-added; you should never see a crash.

Try updating your graphics driver. This is unfortunately the only help we can offer, as this is not something NFT-specific - it's not even something KSP-specific, in fact.

Not time warping at all there are a lot of these in the log:

[Dynamic Battery Storage]: Trying to clear buffer storage

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)
Spoiler

The game crashed by any unknown reason after I switched to each single Kerbal after landing on Earth, going on EVA, back to Tracking Station, recovering the Kerbal, back to lander, next Kerbal.
Each did collect samples, one planted a flag.

The last Kerbal was a tourist, couldn't go on EVA, so I went back to Tracking Station and - crash.
There is even not a trace of the crash in the output_log.txt and no crash dump in the KSP folder, but I found one in c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\CrashDumps\ ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/paohf0bsr7xr397/2017-06-17-1 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

On 6/15/2017 at 11:40 PM, Streetwind said:

As mentioned before, I would appreciate some feedback on the changed engines and tanks.

<SNIP>

Feel free to take your time and play the game first. You can answer when you feel like you have a good overview :) 

Really happy with the new changes, balance feels right and I haven't run across any parts that feel over/under-powered.

One thing I'm having a hard time with is building ships with the new Spacecraft parts because the "whiteness" and weathering of them, while gorgeous, doesn't match with Stock or most of the parts packs I've tried. The 1.2.x parts were a bit whiter than stock, but still close enough to work as part of a ship. Here are some screen shots showing the contrast I'm seeing.

Again, the work is awesome, just unfortunate that the parts don't match up with common parts. Thanks!

l5W1MnT.pngOLYZCvn.pngqC1vwAV.png