Kounter-Kerbin Development Thread

Adstri

-NOT OPEN FOR REVEIWAL-

I thought I would make a planet pack for KSP with Kopernicus. So, decided to start on it recently. This is just a thread to sort of act as a development log, and will be updating every time a new major change is made.

Planets that will be added:

Nibrek: An active world with dark terrain and lava. This planet is geologically active and orbits the sun in Kerbin's L3 point.

Num: This moon is a very beautiful world orbiting Nibrek. It has rolling hills, huge mountains, wide oceans and a Kerbin-like atmosphere.

Sumnim: A disgusting looking red moon orbiting in a distant inclined orbit around Nibrek. Very spikey terrain.

This mod was inspired by Antichthon, a hypothetical planet thought up by the ancient Greeks that supposedly orbited on the exact opposite side of the Sun. :)

Completion before first release: 90%

Completion before being done having new stuff added: 24.4%

Edited by Adstriduum

That grey stuff is the ocean. For some reason, the ocean color sets to defult when I get close, but it is fine in scaled space and when it is in the distance. The orange stuff is a part of the terrain. The color and height map are offset from eachother. I am working on a fix for that error.

The lava is the most attractive part, to me. 

But give the player a reason to build a craft that can survive. Perhaps take a look through Community Resource Pack, find a reasonable but rare resource, then make it available in spades on some super tiny island - or the sea floor. 

Edited by DrunkenKerbalnaut

Hmm, didn't say it was final, but it will most likely still have lava.

(Sorry if I came off as rude, I wasn't trying to be :/)

Anyways, still looking for ways to fix the "ocean is red on the horizon but turns blue when you get close to it" bug. Does anybody have ideas?

1 hour ago, Adstriduum said:

Hmm, didn't say it was final, but it will most likely still have lava.

(Sorry if I came off as rude, I wasn't trying to be :/)

Anyways, still looking for ways to fix the "ocean is red on the horizon but turns blue when you get close to it" bug. Does anybody have ideas?

Nah you didn't come off rude. It's your world (thread) I'm just living (posting) in it :)

Maybe ask over on the Gallileo or OPM threads?

The original plan was to have lava like that, but I scrapped it for the sake of stock-alikeness. It may or may not return in the future, but better looking lava is on the planned features list for sure :).

As for the hot/cold regions, that is not possible in Kopernicus. To my knowledge you can't have two oceans of different temperatures per region.

Edited by Adstriduum

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Fireheart318 said:

Just found this and I gotta say it looks AWESOME! PLEASE make Num habitable like a mini-Kerbin but with the same gravity as the Mun. I've always dreamed of a world like that! Cratered with lots of canyons as well. PERFECT!

Kinda like this but with canyons - http://imgur.com/a/pknsD

Wha- HOW DID YOU KNOW WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE?!?

Anyways, Nibrek is deciding to give me problems right now. Almost done fixing them. After that I will start working on the Num :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.