[1.8.x] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.6.0 (Feb 5 2020)

blowfish

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2017 at 0:20 AM, blowfish said:

Still working on the wheels, but as a PSA Adjustable Landing Gear have returned as part of Kerbal Foundaries.  Still some bugs to sort through (just found one today myself) but it seems but they might be usable.

Bumping this important PSA so people know! :) 

CHEERS @blowfish!! :) And all who contributed/contribute! 

Edited by ISE

Are the source files for the models (not the .mu files) available anywhere? I want to try my hand at making a bridge for the HX parts, and having something to reference would be helpfu.

3 hours ago, japa said:

Are the source files for the models (not the .mu files) available anywhere? I want to try my hand at making a bridge for the HX parts, and having something to reference would be helpfu.

Unfortunately no (it would make my life much easier).  But you can import the compiled models into blender using this:

Just a note - 

The HX open structural pieces for docking bays have no ability for lighting.  The lights that are in the model do not cast light, and attaching lights to the actual inside of the module also somehow keeps the lights from actually 'lighting up' the inside, even though the light itself is 'on.'  

Note that you can drive another, unconnected vehicle into the bays, and the same light, with the same settings, will light up the walls.  I think perhaps it's something with the part itself, not wanting to recognize light sources attached to itself?   

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Just crashing.

I added this mod (core and legacy) and all dependencies that were missing (Firespitter, B9AnimationModules).

I got RPM and as soon as I want to launch (default to IVA) and then press C to get out of IVA the view is "inside space" with a redded out altimeter etc.

Trying to revert to launch or to SPH crashes the game.

My Steam copy does not provide an output_log.txt (why?) but the KSP.log looks like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gewxtcv8addg0l0/2017-05-03-1 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

27 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

Just crashing.

I added this mod (core and legacy) and all dependencies that were missing (Firespitter, B9AnimationModules).

I got RPM and as soon as I want to launch (default to IVA) and then press C to get out of IVA the view is "inside space" with a redded out altimeter etc.

Trying to revert to launch or to SPH crashes the game.

My Steam copy does not provide an output_log.txt (why?) but the KSP.log looks like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gewxtcv8addg0l0/2017-05-03-1 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Thanks for the log!  I can't immediately tell what's causing the crash, but it doesn't seem to be B9.  I see a couple of exceptions from KER, one from FAR, and a mod called SuperKerbal is definitely not working (because it is missing Kerbal Inventory System), but none of that should cause a crash.  If you can isolate the problem with a much smaller mod list, I can look into it a bit more.

Also, in general it isn't a great idea to mod your Steam install.  Steam's auto-updates can cause incompatible versions, and I know for a fact that the next KSP update will break some mods.  Best to start with a fresh Steam install, duplicate it somewhere else, and then mod there.

No idea why there wouldn't be an output_log.txt ... you are looking in E:/Spiele/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/ , right?

1 minute ago, blowfish said:

a mod called SuperKerbal

I don't have this mod installed ...?

Oh, I see, it's a "part" of the mod package "Deep Space Exploration Vessels", I found this one:

I replied to that:

4 minutes ago, blowfish said:

I see a couple of exceptions from KER, one from FAR

I'm not surprised, old habits ...

So should I get rid off these stand-up guys? :confused:

FAR always made problems with anything and KER often refuses to show the actual TWR in flight...

1 minute ago, blowfish said:

duplicate it somewhere else

You're right, I forgot that, I started KSP again after an absence of 9 months - giving it a new chance after the pita last year.

2 minutes ago, blowfish said:

you are looking in E:/Spiele/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/ , right?

Exactly.

On 4/30/2017 at 0:26 PM, blowfish said:

They should be included with recent versions of Tweakscale.

:blush: my mistake, you are correct. I had a bad installation. All good now :) 

• 2 weeks later...

@A_beholder The HX parts are very big. You may want to use Hangar Extender mod (and the 1.2.x compatibility patch for Hangar Extender) since most vessels made with HX parts will be bigger than the SPH

TweakScale is also useful, if you want to build HX ships that aren't bigger than the SPH. Or if you want to build a ship with individual parts that are bigger than the hangar :P

So I just wanted to share this beauty I just managed to get into orbit successfully (if slowly...those big engines take a long time to reach full thrust XD), since I saw people asking for examples of what can be made.

OP note: I'm also using the OPT mod, and BDArmory.

Anyway, I present to you.... the KBC Thor's Hammer:

60d985cf57.jpg

1c178a5a66.jpg

fe6e2d13a6.jpg    388815828f.jpg

Still a little tweaking left to do with fuel lines and action groups, and I haven't tested the weapons yet, but...SHE FLIES! ^_^

...also I just realized that more of the Tantive IV made it into the design than I'd originally intended XD

PSA, don't try to use B9 on KSP 1.3 yet.  ModuleManager is definitely broken, and my recollection is that B9PartSwitch requires a recompile as well.  Not sure about the other dependencies.

Edited by blowfish

On 5/25/2017 at 7:55 PM, blowfish said:

PSA, don't try to use B9 on KSP 1.3 yet.  ModuleManager is definitely broken, and my recollection is that B9PartSwitch requires a recompile as well.  Not sure about the other dependencies.

This seems like good advice for pretty much all mods, not just B9.

The version of Module Manager for KSP v1.3 is out, and I have not noticed any problems

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50533-130-module-manager-280-may-26th-2017-better-late-than-never/

It looks as though any plug-in will need recompiling but, so far, I have not come across any problems with passive parts such as fuel tanks.

MM, RPM, B9PartSwitch, Firespitter.dll and IFS have all been updated for 1.3. I have not yet tested B9 on 1.3, but hopefully it should work.

Also TweakScale. Once Hangar Extender gets updated I'll be able to use TS and HE to make a 1:1 scale model of the USS No I'm Not Compensating For Anything Shut Up using HX parts.

On 5/23/2017 at 5:28 AM, Stormie said:

So I just wanted to share this beauty I just managed to get into orbit successfully (if slowly...those big engines take a long time to reach full thrust XD), since I saw people asking for examples of what can be made.

OP note: I'm also using the OPT mod, and BDArmory.

Anyway, I present to you.... the KBC Thor's Hammer:

60d985cf57.jpg

1c178a5a66.jpg

fe6e2d13a6.jpg    388815828f.jpg

Still a little tweaking left to do with fuel lines and action groups, and I haven't tested the weapons yet, but...SHE FLIES! ^_^

...also I just realized that more of the Tantive IV made it into the design than I'd originally intended XD

Very pretty :)  Only thing I'd suggest is to upgrade it using KSPIE propulsion tech :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.