Unmanned Satellite mission Requirements

Hello Everyone,

I'am brand new to this forum but I have around 150 hours in the game. I have a problem with the unmanned satellite mission in the career mode: I can't meet the " build a new unmanned satellite that has an antenna and can generate power" requirement.

Here are the steps:

I accept the mission

I build an unmanned rocket from scratch

I add solar panels and the antenna (along with batterie & science stuff)

Launch/Meet the orbit requirement and... no joy...

Here's the screen, I have read a lot of threads already about that, Also I saw a YT video where the guy check the box with more or less the same satelite than me at least after he gets out of the kerbin atmosphere.

I really can't figure what I'm doing wrong here. Could you help me ?

(didn't succeed in inserting the image directly in the post :/)

When you were in orbit, did any other craft come and klaw this craft? Or did you somehow dock some other way? To refuel, perhaps? Or to push it with a spacetug most of the way to its new orbit? Or is your game modded in any way?

Does it have a battery? (A separate one, not the one built-in to the probe core.) You mention adding one but I don't see it in the screenshot, unless it's mounted on the opposite side of the probe or clipped inside somewhere. Not sure if that's even a requirement but might be worth a check.

Hello and thank you for your answers,

Yes I have a battery on the other side, and no, no klowing, refueling nor docking. It came directly from kerbin to orbit.

No modding except a mechjeb module that doesn't work because it is from a previous version

In fact I'am currently playing a career that I started long time ago when it was version 1.0 maybe (when career first appeared). And I continued this career recently on V1.22 (same save).

I don't know if it's related to my problem but I noticied that I have some modules available for construction that are not unlocked in my new technical tree. I think it's because the tree has changed since my previous run on this career.

Picture

I must tell that I tried to launch satellite without any of those components before and it did not check the box either, but maybe my run is corrupted in some way ?

It is possible your game is corrupted, yes. Did you download the game from Steam? Under the Steam Properties tab, it allows you to verify all the files in your download. Did you upgrade directly from version 1.0.X to version 1.2.2?

Otherwise, it seems pretty certain that you did everything correctly to complete the contract. So I am not sure what is wrong.

You do not actually have to launch anything to check if there is a problem with a ship and a contract. Or to find a solution. If you just put some parts on the launchpad, you can look at the contract window and see if the "new, unmanned, antenna, and power" line is checked for the contract. Then you can revert to VAB, and try putting a different set of parts on the launchpad.

16 hours ago, Aspar said:

Picture

I must tell that I tried to launch satellite without any of those components before and it did not check the box either, but maybe my run is corrupted in some way ?

Yyyyeeeaaahhhh. That is not right. That is not even close to right.

I'm afraid you might have to reinstall KSP and start a new save. Each savegame writes the progress of its tech tree into itself, meaning if you try to continue using this savegame you have, it's only going to carry the corruption along with it.

Hello,

I updated the game automaticaly with Steam, I checked the files integrity and all is correct.

I made several tries with only a unmanned pod, an antenna and a solar panel directly on the launch pad before posting on this forum and I never got the check mark on the mission panel (that's why I posted, I wanted to be certain).

Anyway Thank you for the Alt F12 trick, I didn't know about that and it solved my problem. My guess is that my savegame is incompatible in some way with the new version and I'll I to deal with it.

11 hours ago, Streetwind said:

Yyyyeeeaaahhhh. That is not right. That is not even close to right.

I'm afraid you might have to reinstall KSP and start a new save. Each savegame writes the progress of its tech tree into itself, meaning if you try to continue using this savegame you have, it's only going to carry the corruption along with it.

Well the strange thing is that I remember having unlocked the orange fuel tanks in my previous session and it is now locked in another part of the tree... So I guess the rule is not as simple as that.

Many thanks to all of you and to this very friendly forum, Have nice launches and landings !

• 1 month later...

I have the exact same problem.. Also tried to cancel the contract and get a new one.. same problem..

Edit: Tried another savegame. There it works like normal.. Seems like satellite contracts can get broken in a savegame.. So far, nothing I have tried can correct that.. Start a new career i guess..

Edited by Harry75
Added more info

Yes, no matter what I tried, the mission requirements and tech tree where all messed up with my save. Launched a new campaign and all was fixed. I guess this is because I began this career on a previous version of KSS.

Thx,

Aspar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.