Just Me

RussianAround

Hello guys!

I'm just an "average" KSP player, I know how to accomplish the basic things in the game. Funnily enough, I'm not that good at building rockets. In a space simulation game. Go figure. Most of the time, I build aircraft. Most of them are basic, most of them (barely) fly. Sometimes, I enable cheats to see what abominations I can create. I enjoy watching the more "involved" players, who can calculate precise orbits, etc. Finally, I'm starting to experiment with boats from different mods, and let's just say I need a big ole tutorial on how to make submarines. Anyways, I hope I can somehow contribute something to this wonderful fanbase.

May your rockets point upwards,

RussianAround

(P.S) If you'd be so kind, can you marvelous engineers show me some videos, streams, or that sort about advanced aircraft construction? I appreciate it, good day to you all!

14 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Lots of KSP player concentrate on aircraft. I've never understood why, but whatever.

Probably because one is more familiar with airplanes; you see them pretty much every day.

What is the problem and when do you encounter it? Is it on the ground or in mid flight?

I made a Learjet 45-like aircraft that works well. I'd take some inspiration of real airplanes. There is a reason why they are all the same shape.

8 hours ago, Delay said:

Probably because one is more familiar with airplanes; you see them pretty much every day.

What is the problem and when do you encounter it? Is it on the ground or in mid flight?

I made a Learjet 45-like aircraft that works well. I'd take some inspiration of real airplanes. There is a reason why they are all the same shape.

As for issues, my airplanes have problems. Either the airplanes fly, and look awful, or I have a decent-looking airplane that flies like an elephant. If I had a combination of both, I'd be perfectly happy.

23 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Welcome to the forum.  

Lots of KSP player concentrate on aircraft. I've never understood why, but whatever. :)

As for help with plane making, have you looked around the tutorials section

Many people concentrate on aircraft because (as far as I know) this is the only detailed aircraft building game. True, you can have planes and jets in, say, Scrap Mechanic. But I feel this is the most fluent aircraft construction game in the market. 

Also, thank you all for suggesting different tutorials, I'll make use of them. Soon, I'll be sending space planes into orbit.

Cheers!

8 minutes ago, RussianAround said:

Either the airplanes fly, and look awful, or I have a decent-looking airplane that flies like an elephant.

Can you show pictures of your ariplanes? It would be easier to work with.

2 hours ago, Delay said:

Can you show pictures of your ariplanes? It would be easier to work with.

http://imgur.com/a/l90kK

This was the best jet I made. While it had a realistic roll rate, it turned on a dime at the 100m/s mark. This slightly angers me, as I'd rather have a lengthy low alt turn, like the real Me-262. After watching some tutorials, I managed to install some flaps onto the aircraft. I'm starting to work on the Me-163, with the new "Part Clipping" cheat. That ought to be fun. Anyways, if you have any suggestions, any criticisms, please, leave it below. Rather know that this aircraft is mediocre than think it's perfect.

2 hours ago, RussianAround said:

http://imgur.com/a/l90kK

This was the best jet I made. While it had a realistic roll rate, it turned on a dime at the 100m/s mark. This slightly angers me, as I'd rather have a lengthy low alt turn, like the real Me-262. After watching some tutorials, I managed to install some flaps onto the aircraft. I'm starting to work on the Me-163, with the new "Part Clipping" cheat. That ought to be fun. Anyways, if you have any suggestions, any criticisms, please, leave it below. Rather know that this aircraft is mediocre than think it's perfect.

Honestly, the "Part Clipping" cheat is almost useless now. The offset tools can accomplish nearly the same thing.