Which graphical option is that ?

Hello,

I know it is silly, but I still use the stock IVA gadgets when I land. Even if I have engineer on board for KER.

Recently I switched to laptop and for obvious reasons had to reduce graphics for game speed.

Which option should I change, so my gadgets are not smudged. They were not before I reduced several options.

9Wr6hXw.png

Thank you in advance !

Turning up texture resolution increases usage of system memory and video memory.  Your laptop probably has more than 4gb ram and probably has shared video memory so can just allocate as much video memory as it needs to - these probably aren't limiting factors.

However, higher texture resolutions do put a bit of pressure on video memory bandwidth.   This is something shared video memory systems are weak on - how much raw data you can read from and write to the video memory per second.

So you probably want to turn down other options that are hard on video memory bandwidth - anti- aliasing,  anisotropic filtering, screen resolution (as a last resort),  shadows.     Anti aliasing and AF mean rendering the game internally at a higher resolution than what you  are displaying at , then applying a smoothing filter to blur jagged edges, it greatly adds to video memory bandwith use.    Shadows mean lots of overdraw, shading in the same bit of the screen over and over again , which again is a lot of writing to video memory.

Thank you very much! Hope I would not have to sacrifice it to half-res when I start building big stations.

fS8Os6A.png

It is not new laptop, but still have good parameters.

i7-4702MQ 2.2GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760M

16 GB DDR3 RAM

Game and OS are on SSD

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.