How can i learn multiplication table and orbital mechanics

PayadorPerseguido

Simple as that. 

When i was a youngling during my high school days, i disliked math and she disliked me back, like every kid does here where i'm from. After i enrolled in a law college, math kind grew on me. Well, at least the abstract approach to it (ie wikipedia articles like this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarski's_undefinability_theorem), in which i like reading it, but barely grasp 2,5% of what it actually means). So to say the least, this relationship issue remained somewhat unaltered, but with a plot twist. I now loved math, but she totally did not love me back, still.

Then i met Jebediah, Bill, Bob and Valentina, and it changed my life.

Now that i'm older, wiser and more patient. I think its time to put the multiplication table out of the cabinet and teach myself orbital mechanics. 

Therein lies the will to change

How to do it? Any tips from the smart people around here on this issue? Any good books on how to get things done?  Any online free courses that you know of? I want to be able to actually understand the problems, being able to solve it the hard and easy ways.

But it doesn't hurts to ask, are there any life hacks or cheats available?

To further enlight the spectrum of my math skills, they are that of a 12 years old (6 years old by japanese standards). The goal is to have somewhat a a grasp of college level calculus, at least into the introduction of it. By then i'll be realized as a human being already, and maybe i'll finally figure out how to to dock directly after ascent. 

Thanks!!!
:)

[snip]

Multiplication tables and orbital mechanics are totally different. You do not need to know the one to learn the other. The tables are rote memorization that - frankly - I didn't commit perfectly to memory either. I do know all of them up to 10x10 but the more esoteric ones I have to think about a bit. And it didn't slow down my learning of orbital mechanics one little bit thanks to computers that do the menial "actual math" part of math for you.

I can't suggest a way to learn either, though. Rote memorization of ANYTHING is beyond most of my capabilities, and I learned the basic Keplerian orbital mechanics stuff over half a lifetime ago (the 80s and 90s if you must know) but I can't help but think that Wikipedia + KSP is a great way to self-teach a lot of this stuff.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.