[1.12] KSP-RO - Realism Overhaul [16 May 2022]

Theysen

On 4/14/2017 at 7:24 PM, Kerbonaught said:

Thanks! It's certainly an rp-0 issue - I've got everything working now except avionics. 

One RO question though, I'm getting substantially more "vapour in the fuel lines" engine shutdowns with the aerobee than i remember, whenever i use the tiny Tim for instance the upper stage will not light, or if i ground light it it goes out on Sep... 

Are you sure you have FAR, or that FAR is working? IIRC, w/o FAR there is much more air resistance, leading to more trouble like that and lower max altitudes.

Have an interesting thing to report, I installed the Dev version of RO, and opened up CKAN, it detected a bunch of installed mods (dependences for RO I guess), and installed all of them automatically. I just had to install a couple of mods manually.

I'll post an update to see how it all pans out.

I have an odd bug when I install 1.2.2 RO.  I tried reinstalling twice and both times when I go to launch I simply have a floating craft that generates no thrust or if its on the ground it just slightly floats into the sky.  Here is an image of my folder.  

Let me know if anything can be done.  Thanks!

20 hours ago, Vannort86 said:

I have an odd bug when I install 1.2.2 RO.  I tried reinstalling twice and both times when I go to launch I simply have a floating craft that generates no thrust or if its on the ground it just slightly floats into the sky.  Here is an image of my folder.  

No clue if I can rely on the dates modified but if they are true then you're on some older versions. Especially make sure FAR is on the 1.2.2 compatible dev branch. 

On 19/4/2017 at 0:50 AM, Vannort86 said:

Had this problem some time ago but only with sounding rockets. It happened when I tilted the wings in the editor, if I didn't do it, then it was ok.

On 19/04/2017 at 1:50 AM, Vannort86 said:

yep i had this problem too but that's not RO, i think that's a conflict between far, tweakscale and procedural parts :) or just TS and Procedural parts, i didn't find any solutions except removing tweakscale .. 

Hmm Don't have tweakscale I just have procedural parts.  I'm still trying, but I haven't figured it out.  Updated everything I could.  I might just wait until 1.2.2 comes out on ckan at this point since I definitely messed something up.

Hi, I just started my first RO-RP-0 in 1.2.2 and I was wondering, in wich node I unlock autostrut, because normally you need to unlock the normal strut to be able to use this function. But I already have the struts and some nodes into construction and nothing happens, I suppose I need to progress further in the Tech Tree... But if you have the answer, please let me know, Thank you :wink: 

15 minutes ago, Deltathiago98 said:

Hi, I just started my first RO-RP-0 in 1.2.2 and I was wondering, in wich node I unlock autostrut, because normally you need to unlock the normal strut to be able to use this function. But I already have the struts and some nodes into construction and nothing happens, I suppose I need to progress further in the Tech Tree... But if you have the answer, please let me know, Thank you :wink: 

Make sure to have Advanced Tweakables turned on in the settings. 

5 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

It seems that NF and FASA electric engine in RO cannot use timewarp thrust through persistant thrust mod

5 hours ago, Iso-Polaris said:

Another problem... I cant tweak kspi engine scale when RO is installed

KSP RO doesn't advertise itself as compatible with Persistent Thrust. If you figure out how to get it to work, feel free to contribute that fix/trick to the community so we can share it with others.

I don't know how KSPI goes about scaling their engines, but as far as I'm aware engine property scaling is incompatible with RealFuels engines modules. Generally with RO, if you want 5x the thrust of 1 engine you use a cluster of 5 engines.

5 hours ago, GenryRar said:

Is RO disable manual fuel transferring? My ship have >1 procedural tanks with same fuel. Engines correctly use both of them but when i try to pump fuel manually - no buttons

%D0%A1%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%BA%20%

you can't pump fuel if you have the decoupler window open (stock behavior). make sure the only right click gui's open are from fuel tanks

Hi, It's me. Again :/ I was playing very well with the dev. version, and one day I boot up the game, everything was going well, but when I load the save, all went black, the Alarm Clock and the Kerbal Construction Time GUI appears OK. I can warp time with no problem. But the screen is all black and in the right down corner appears the Loading "Kerbol System" icon and I wait but nothing...
Here's the log https://www.dropbox.com/s/yt2gxn6gi2hzfyr/KSP.log?dl=0 
Please Help me :wink:

vhIau54.jpg

Edited by Deltathiago98

10 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

you can't pump fuel if you have the decoupler window open (stock behavior). make sure the only right click gui's open are from fuel tanks

sorry, if my screenshot confused you, it only shows that crossfeeding in decoupler is enabled. Ofcourse i try with only tanks, nothing changed.%D0%A1%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%BA%20%i do it in campaign, but as you can see, fuel lines is already learned. Also no errors in log.

RO seems to altered how solar panel work.

usually I can use solar panel as the power source of a KSPI electric engine. but it wont work with RO installed.

The reduced NF engine thrust is really good. But they really need to work in timewarp