Dumb things found on the Internet

The Raging Sandwich

1 hour ago, NSEP said:

Rockets carry oxygen with them.

I know about oxidizer, but think about it: 

That's a stage separation. THERE AREN'T ANY ROCKETS ON THE INTERSTAGE! 

Oh, wait, Sepatrons. Duh.

4 hours ago, Green Baron said:

No comments on the rest, but if someone steps up in front of you with "constellations haven't changed" claim you can, with a calm voice, reply that they have changed, are changing and will continue to change. Some more, some less depending on radial velocities of the stars. Also, constellations are no real thing, they are just human imaginations. They differ with time and culture.

Based off my calculations, Bernard's star, the fastest moving relative to earth, has moved only 16.6 degrees in the history of the world.

Math to back my claim:

Spoiler

10 arc seconds a year. (From Wikipedia.)

10 x 6,000 = 60,000/60 (Change to arc minutes) = 1,000/60 (Change to degrees) =16.66666666666......

Did I work that right?

13 hours ago, Brent Kerman said:

Based off my calculations, Bernard's star, the fastest moving relative to earth, has moved only 16.6 degrees in the history of the world.

I won't check it, seems correct :-) But 16,7 is enough to change any constellation (if it was part), it would switch sides in Orion and leave the smaller ones. And that was only during 6000 years (wave hand) :-) Other stars moved as well, though far less. Nevertheless the sky looked slightly different 6000y ago, and you wouldn't recognize it in the ice age 50.000y ago.

My subject is prehistory. If some talks about "thousands of years" without a precise date my brain switches to stone age archeology mode :-)

@ProtoJeb21

Do you mean the Neanderthal Spongebob? You nail it... there are way to many of them... like Patrik too...

SQUIGWARD FTW:D

On 28.4.2017 at 8:01 PM, Brent Kerman said:

Math to back my claim:

Hide contents

10 arc seconds a year. (From Wikipedia.)

10 x 6,000 = 60,000/60 (Change to arc minutes) = 1,000/60 (Change to degrees) =16.66666666666......

Did I work that right?

You are right as far my math works in your calculations. But don't forget that constalations are some stars that do not belong physikaly together. And if you add all stars in a costelation than they move realy far to each other. Vektors and real distance play a great role too.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

Edited by Urses

6 minutes ago, StupidAndy said:

that's an SRB...

As it not precise what kind of "jet" engines it's about in the video, it's not totally wrong. A rocket engine is a member of the jets just as turbojet, ramjet, pulse and all the others of that great family.

On 2017-2-2 at 8:58 PM, StupidAndy said:

and also, a TEACHER thinks that astrophysics is what they do with the hyperdrives in STAR WARS!

I had a teacher who thought that astrology and astronomy were one and the same.

On 2017-4-28 at 8:48 AM, Shadow Wolf56 said:

how the heck dos someone turn black in 12 weeks??!

Well there's this ONE WEIRD TRICK TO CHANGE SKIN COLOUR IN WEEKS!

Edited by Matuchkin

10 hours ago, munlander1 said:

I have the first one: 1. We are a reputable and a unbiased source.

BuzzFeed is not a reliable source, but they're pretty accurate when it comes to this stuff. I wonder why... :wink: 

6 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Image result for roasting  on kettle gif

Roastin'

This is lamb covered in pesto, if anyone was wondering. It's really good.

On topic:

I read somewhere recently that heat-seeking missiles are fiction because a computer "cannot feel heat."

AIM-9, anyone?

4 hours ago, TheKosanianMethod said:

AIM-9, anyone?

AIM-4 Falcon

AIM-9 Sidewinder

De-Havilland Firestreak

R-510

R-530

Vympel K-13

SRAAM (Cancelled)

AIM-82 (Cancelled)

AIM-95 Agile (Cancelled)

AIM-9L Sidewinder (Post-Vietnam)

R-550 Magic

AIM-9M Sidewinder (After flares were introduced)

R-73

ASRAAM

AIM-9X Sidewinder (After introduction of the R-73's new homing system)

PL-10

Python 5

FIM-43 Redeye

9K31 Strela-1

9K32 Strela-2

Blowpipe

FIM-43 Redeye II

FIM-92 Stinger

9K34 Strela-3

9K38 Igla

9K38 Igla S

I don't know any others.

A video of a private (!) test of a road barrier against terrorist attacks. It worked. The driver was badly wounded, they do not mention what exactly.

The (german) comments are what they sound like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=16&v=DVRo2S60eIg

Now we know why crash test cars are drawn by a cable. How can one be so thoughtless empty headed ?

Edited by Green Baron