[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

1 hour ago, Shaddow Phönix said:

Is this Mod still in compatibility with Outer Planets Mod and Sigma Dimensions (K-Scale able) ?

Of course it is! I think 1 planet gets close to one of OPM's planets somewhere in the orbit, but there are no collisions. As for Sigma Dimensions, I imagine it is scaleable depending on how Sigma's configs work.

Just doing some more Eye-Candy stuff with the skybox and Olu'um. Reduced some lag caused by scatterer so it should be less intensive in the Olumnian system.

(Just upped the brightness of the image by around 10% so you can all see it clearly without having to peer too closely.)

8FnHmbc.png

EDIT: Just levelled out the Olumnian system a tad. I noticed that when I was trying to complete missions in career I had to adjust inclinations everywhere, which is no fun!

gtPHGWT.png

Edited by Gameslinx

I have a question regarding the change in terrain of olemut,

When I had an earlier version of this mod olemut looked like a (spherical) waffle. But in the current version, it looks like an actual moon with pools of liquid. The reason this caught my attention is that the description has stayed the same ("Olemut was born from a waffle") and I feel that the new olemut does not really resemble a waffle. anyways, is the description still relevant or will it be changed in the future?

6 minutes ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

I have a question regarding the change in terrain of olemut,

When I had an earlier version of this mod olemut looked like a (spherical) waffle. But in the current version, it looks like an actual moon with pools of liquid. The reason this caught my attention is that the description has stayed the same ("Olemut was born from a waffle") and I feel that the new olemut does not really resemble a waffle. anyways, is the description still relevant or will it be changed in the future?

The description was changed on Tuesday last week after version 1.3. It should be fixed by tomorrow's release. 

"Olemut is a rocky moonlet. It has pools of water because it is warm enough to melt ice since it is close enough to the sun".

25 minutes ago, electricpants said:

But does it have a thick enough atmosphere?

Olemut has no atmosphere, but the ambient temperature of the sun on the moonlet allows for liquid water. The salt in Olemut's lakes lowers the freezing point enough to stay liquid.

5 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Olemut has no atmosphere, but the ambient temperature of the sun on the moonlet allows for liquid water. The salt in Olemut's lakes lowers the freezing point enough to stay liquid.

True, but it's just going to sublimate instead of turn into a liquid if no gas can hold it down like a straightjacket, even if at the correct temperature or if it's saltier than my little sister.

In order to stay liquid, the surrounding atmospheric pressure needs to be about 0.5-0.6 atmos.

Edited by electricpants

41 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Ooooh you could adjust it and get around the science quibbles whilst making it more 'Kerbally' by making the water into Goo

You have it something like :

'Olemut has no atmosphere, however is has now been discovered that this moonlet maybe the origin of the Mystery Goo used in Kerbal science. Pools of the Goo have been found on the moon'

49 minutes ago, electricpants said:

True, but it's just going to sublimate instead of turn into a liquid if no gas can hold it down like a straightjacket, even if at the correct temperature or if it's saltier than my little sister.

*pew pew* shots fired :P