[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

13 minutes ago, KerbolExplorer said:

I was so exited:mad: .

Be happy you found it, you're the third person which is awesome that so many people saw it!

There are many more. What's at Gaia's north pole? :P nobody found that yet

Edited by Gameslinx

Final image to stop bumping the thread up:

crJtzT7.jpg

The image gets resized by the KSP forums, but that's an 8k texture used for Gaia. The magic of the PQSMod VertexHeightVertCurve2 thingie makes islands look absolutely amazing, so expect a really cool Gaia terrain patch in the next update!

19 minutes ago, PixelStory2 said:

I better find a creepy dog in my career once I get my computer set up >:)

The south pole is still open for easer eggs.

To anyone: if you have a specific place on Gaia that you want an Easter egg at, PM me the latitude and longitude.

31 minutes ago, PixelStory2 said:

Mmm south pole sounds good :>

Btw any mod suggestion for the modpack I'm making? 

Mine! Jk, I don't know - what are you trying to make?

@JadeOfMaar has made some sexy resource configs which will be used on the planets, I'm still getting my head around them! (Thanks jade!)

19 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Mine! Jk, I don't know - what are you trying to make?

Well, of course yours! :P Honestly, I'm just looking for mods that look cool to me and would make the career exprience more fun. I'm planning on using ckan for some of the mods aswell. But, I'm having trouble deciding if I should get a life-support mod (I fear it would be to hard as the only planet I've been to that's of Kerbin's influence  is Duna, and that was in sandbox mode).

Also, I think It'd be cool to make a forum signature banner for the mod :>

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 3:23 AM, Gameslinx said:

The year is 7302

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 3:23 AM, Gameslinx said:

Gaia - 4 billion years into the future

I think you may want to change the amount of time elapsed since the first generation because some numbers are not adding up. Unless the original space program takes place in 3,999,992,698 BC

7 minutes ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

I think you may want to change the amount of time elapsed since the first generation because some numbers are not adding up. Unless the original space program takes place in 3,999,992,698 BC

Oh whoops

Um

I'll blame it on lack of sleep. 

Technically after the new revolution on Kerbin ---> Gaia, the year system would reset as it's a huge change in history. I could keep it like that but if anyone else notices I'll change it :)

10 minutes ago, PixelStory2 said:

Well, of course yours! :P Honestly, I'm just looking for mods that look cool to me and would make the career exprience more fun. I'm planning on using ckan for some of the mods aswell. But, I'm having trouble deciding if I should get a life-support mod (I fear it would be to hard as the only planet I've been to that's of Kerbin's influence  is Duna, and that was in sandbox mode).

I can't see signatures on my PC for some reason (or mobile). I'm not sure why.

I'm against life support mods to be fair because they add uneccessary parts to a ship that affect deltaV and whatnot. I like the goofy Kerbal style mechanics.

13 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Sexy, you say? I dunno what you're talking about?

bed6c1709c8b7dc045960786f601ab81.jpg

(If they take up space in a folder, they're sexy. I have at least 2 useless files, one of them says List of Easter Eggs, with an Easter egg. The resource configs look awesome though, thanks :) )

Is spacedock down? I'm trying to check the mod page but I'm getting a timeout

7 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Oh whoops

Um

I'll blame it on lack of sleep. 

Technically after the new revolution on Kerbin ---> Gaia, the year system would reset as it's a huge change in history. I could keep it like that but if anyone else notices I'll change it :)

ok just something I noticed

13 minutes ago, PixelStory2 said:

Before you start a career, try a sandbox mission with a big goal, like plant flags on x number of worlds, or deliver a station or base to just one planet. That's just to get a handle on building and flying interplanetary. After that I'd suggest you try a life support mod. This keeps things interesting even in Sandbox. But this alone can make a game incredibly hard. (So I recommend Snacks! the simplest and most forgiving of them)

As for a modlist: include something with science parts, Contract Configurator and some contract packs, The Gold Standard mod (space gold, yee haw!), and a parts pack appropriate for the kinds of vessels you want to make throughout your career.

7 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Before you start a career, try a sandbox mission with a big goal, like plant flags on x number of worlds, or deliver a station or base to just one planet. That's just to get a handle on building and flying interplanetary. After that I'd suggest you try a life support mod. This keeps things interesting even in Sandbox. But this alone can make a game incredibly hard. (So I recommend Snacks! the simplest and most forgiving of them)

As for a modlist: include something with science parts, Contract Configurator and some contract packs, The Gold Standard mod (space gold, yee haw!), and a parts pack appropriate for the kinds of vessels you want to make throughout your career.

Thanks! I'll try sandbox once I get my computer set up.

3 minutes ago, KerbolExplorer said:

IM on the north pole of gaia and i found some kind of mointain.its very cool but im sure thats not the ester egg Right?:/

Latitude 89.89, Longitude (any).

On the VERY north pole, zoom out and look down at the ground.