Gameslinx

[1.2.2] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul 1.7! Niebos, Olei, Verdina changes and bug fixes!

938 posts in this topic

After reinstalling and installing only this mod I found that several of the planets appear like lego versions of themselves. This leads me to believe those planets (such as Quarta and Neibeitos) are either unfinished, or I have a setting somewhere that does not jive well with them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, baconfortress said:

So in trying to start up my little youtube series again I downloaded this mod (along with plenty of others) to give me planets to explore.

Ive been modding KSP forever, and I got all the planets to show up, but I am having all manner of different and terrible problems I am hoping others have had, so that I can find a resolution. I have eve and scatterer and planetshine on here as well. If anything is needed to provide assistance (say game data folder pictures, screenshots and the like) just let me know. I think the planets in this pack are terrific! just wanna make sure I can actually perform missions for my series (the kerb-x interplanetary space program) as I make sure everything in my videos actually works.

If with help I can get this stuff running id love to feature these planets on my next missions! of course if there are any highlights on these planets youd like to see shown just give me a heads up! 

The issues I am having are as follows, as stated before I can record these if needed. I will attempt a fresh install later tonight but until then:

 

its been about 3 weeks in the game, and I returned to the KSC to find it under the ocean........rather down in there too.

when visiting several of gaia's moons, time warp seemed to suddenly modify my trajectory, making it impossible to both use timewarp and accurately set a landing zone.

Also, the moon with the lava caused my ship to explode the instant it touched the ground, despite zero heat prior to touching down. no I did not land on the lava lol

Quarta looks fine up close but the horizon chops into a million ribbons of nonsense

the clouds seem to be playing havoc with the lighting. my ship is crazy dark with a lit ring that follows it, I did not install lights on board. the ring disappears when not under the clouds

 

This seems a little funky.

I'm not getting these issues (or your 'Lego planets').

I'll need some screenshots to go from so I know what the problems look like.

I'll take another look at quarta tonight since it's been a while since I visited it. Niebietos should look like a lumpy moon with lava - they're not unfinished (I wouldn't release a version if I hadn't finished a planet).

I'll take another look at the heat on Gol. Where shouts did you land? Just on the surface somewhere, or in the lava crater? I've landed on the rocky mounds in the lava crater and not exploded - only when you're around 50 metres above the surface (it's in the config file for Gol, near the bottom).

As for lighting issues... I haven't had them.

The oceans appearing above KSC is a bug with scatterer that I can't do anything about, sorry.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@baconfortress deinstall Hyperedit. Jumping on timewarp and 'lego planets' are both results of warping. I deal with those exact two issues all the time when developing planets. The first is something I'll have to work around, the second just takes a timewarp around the planet to fix. Just let the planet rebuild itself and it should be okay.

Edited by The White Guardian
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, baconfortress said:

After reinstalling and installing only this mod I found that several of the planets appear like lego versions of themselves. This leads me to believe those planets (such as Quarta and Neibeitos) are either unfinished, or I have a setting somewhere that does not jive well with them

As The White Guardian stated above, the lego planets are actually the PQS 'tiles' of the planet (if that's correct terminology). This happens because the game only generates specific regions of the planet around the player as the textures as destroyed when planets are not visible. For example, if you focus on a planet in the map view, open the console and then move focus to a distant planet, you will see the console say "Destroying texture: <planet> <ScaledVerison>", or something along those lines.

When doing a timewarp after hyper-editing around a planet, the planet will not have loaded properly and so your trajectory will be changed (The planet will appear to snap to a different rotation). Just quicksave and quickload.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AHA!!!!

well thank you so much, I will dive back in, see if I cannot get this off the ground.

The quality of the mod is such that I figured my issues were not a result of unfinished work. I am excited to get started now

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have confirmed you guys are 100% correct, the planet textures are now loading and trajectories are no longer subject to the whim of the gods. The Kerb-x interplanetary space program continues..........god that name is long.....im gonna change it for "season 2"

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, baconfortress said:

AHA!!!!

well thank you so much, I will dive back in, see if I cannot get this off the ground.

The quality of the mod is such that I figured my issues were not a result of unfinished work. I am excited to get started now

You shouldn't see the early pictures of the mod... Heh...

(Check pages one and two of the forum)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lIYez6e.png

Here's the canyon at Olei, and the planet itself:

Rh3FaJb.png

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Welcome to version 1.6!

IMPORTANT - Olei has been reworked and may cause issues, please report then on the forum!

  • Olei complete rework

  • Niebos complete rework (sorry Niebos fans, it's changed!

  • Bug fixes regarding terrain and how Gol handles heat

  • Olei radius increased to 222222m

  • Olei gravity increased to 0.333333 Gees

  • Olemut's orbit is on the same inclination as Olei, making encounters easier

  • Added a canyon feature to Olei - I'm looking for feedback on this!

  • Gol now sits properly in Gaia's ring system

  • Gullies mystery heating fixed - it previously used a hazardous ocean similar to Gol's... Bangs head

  • Slighht Niebos atmospheric scatterer change to make it less foggy

  • Moved some features on Gaia below the cloud layer

  • Some other bug fixes I've forgotten about!

  • "Removed the Kraken"

PLEASE TELL ME IF STUFF DOESNT WORK! I'm also looking for feedback with Olei's canyon which lies along the equator somewhere. Is it too small, to big or too tall?

 

Unfortunately some Easter eggs were unable to make it into this build as I've held them off - I wanted to focus on getting Olei and Niebos finished beforehand. Expect them for next build. I'm Aldo going to be adding more cool features to some of the planets so that they're not overly similar around the planet - such as custom craters, cracks, mountains, canyons and volcanoes, similar to how I managed it with Olei.

Edited by Gameslinx
I can't spell my own planets
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found Gullis planet's biome map is wrong there no crater & wrong level.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Wolves_Hero said:

I found Gullis planet's biome map is wrong there no crater & wrong level.

 

Whoopsie! My bad! Will fix!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can you update the modular flight integration in your zip file?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, antonioltg said:

can you update the modular flight integration in your zip file?

If there is an update to MFI, I will add it for the next update. If you're wanting to use the new version of MFI, simply remove the old one from GAMEDATA, and download and install the new one. Let me know if stuff breaks so that i know for sure early before I try merging mysefl!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gameslinx the planet pack is looking good!

However my pedantism is getting the best of me and I have to point out that in the OP you make several references to SSTOs when I think you meant space-planes, as SSTO simply means single stage to orbit and does not in any way imply a space-plane type design. For instance the Lunar Ascent Module used in the Apollo program was a Lunar SSTO, and any probe/vehicle that you have designed that is capable of reaching orbit around a body without dropping any bits off of it is by definition an SSTO. A space-plane also doesn't need to be an SSTO either, for instance many of my space-plane designs have leveraged the use of under wing drop-tanks to help get to orbit, which makes them by definition not SSTOs.

Anyways sorry for the little pedantic lecture there, carry on good sir.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

If there is an update to MFI, I will add it for the next update. If you're wanting to use the new version of MFI, simply remove the old one from GAMEDATA, and download and install the new one. Let me know if stuff breaks so that i know for sure early before I try merging mysefl!

It's just because every time i upgrade your mod i have to download again MFI, I used the last version since your second or third release but i don't know what it should break (if it breaks something)
 

Spoiler

c6aa725c45.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, antonioltg said:

It's just because every time i upgrade your mod i have to download again MFI, I used the last version since your second or third release but i don't know what it should break (if it breaks something)
 

  Hide contents

c6aa725c45.jpg

 

Those look like other mods in your screenshot, so if they have problems there's not too much I can do to be honest...

On Sunday I'll be sure to update MFI. I'll also be updating Kopernicus after that but I'm having a few issues bringing the oceanic planets up to scratch with Kopernicus 1.2.2-5.

It is supposed to fix lag at the space centre, but Butai, Sonus and Gaia won't load up with it.

Thanks for understanding. I'll update MFI - it shouldn't break anything.

1 hour ago, Akira_R said:

@Gameslinx the planet pack is looking good!

However my pedantism is getting the best of me and I have to point out that in the OP you make several references to SSTOs when I think you meant space-planes, as SSTO simply means single stage to orbit and does not in any way imply a space-plane type design. For instance the Lunar Ascent Module used in the Apollo program was a Lunar SSTO, and any probe/vehicle that you have designed that is capable of reaching orbit around a body without dropping any bits off of it is by definition an SSTO. A space-plane also doesn't need to be an SSTO either, for instance many of my space-plane designs have leveraged the use of under wing drop-tanks to help get to orbit, which makes them by definition not SSTOs.

Anyways sorry for the little pedantic lecture there, carry on good sir.

Ahhhh that's a very good point. I often use that terminology incorrectly because to me, SSTO = Spaceplane, since I rarely stage anything with planes for the sake of aerodynamic balancing.

I'll update the descriptions. If you have the time, can you list the planets that reference SSTO instead of Space plane? It will make it much faster for me. Thanks!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Those look like other mods in your screenshot, so if they have problems there's not too much I can do to be honest...

On Sunday I'll be sure to update MFI. I'll also be updating Kopernicus after that but I'm having a few issues bringing the oceanic planets up to scratch with Kopernicus 1.2.2-5.

It is supposed to fix lag at the space centre, but Butai, Sonus and Gaia won't load up with it.

Thanks for understanding. I'll update MFI - it shouldn't break anything.

Ahhhh that's a very good point. I often use that terminology incorrectly because to me, SSTO = Spaceplane, since I rarely stage anything with planes for the sake of aerodynamic balancing.

I'll update the descriptions. If you have the time, can you list the planets that reference SSTO instead of Space plane? It will make it much faster for me. Thanks!

Well in the OP there are actually only two:

Spoiler
  • Vega - A small dust ball with extreme elevations. SSTO use is not recommended

.

.

.

Other features:

  • Precise, handcrafted terrain suitable for Rockets and SSTOs!

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:04 PM, Gameslinx said:

I'm also looking for feedback with Olei's canyon which lies along the equator somewhere. Is it too small, to big or too tall?

When I landed in the canyon I have noticed it doesn't really look like a canyon

http://dropcanvas.com/#rALNY47zK3YQb8

do you think you could make it a little deeper and maybe a little narrower? Thanks in advance!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

When I landed in the canyon I have noticed it doesn't really look like a canyon

http://dropcanvas.com/#rALNY47zK3YQb8

do you think you could make it a little deeper and maybe a little narrower? Thanks in advance!

Shall do, no problem :)

7 hours ago, Akira_R said:

Well in the OP there are actually only two:

  Reveal hidden contents
  • Vega - A small dust ball with extreme elevations. SSTO use is not recommended

.

.

.

Other features:

  • Precise, handcrafted terrain suitable for Rockets and SSTOs!

 

Fixed. Vega was removed some time ago so that description shouldn't have been there!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Those look like other mods in your screenshot, so if they have problems there's not too much I can do to be honest...

I don't have any problem with any mod, the only thing is the update for MFI (the game works fine with the old or the new version)
The other mods aren't made for ksp 1.2.2 don't worry about them the screen was just to show you the FMI update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Wolves_Hero said:

I found Gullis planet's biome map is wrong there no crater & wrong level.

 

pT44TPr.png

I have just created a new biome map for Gullis. I completely forgot, and I think it still uses Tylo's map in 1.6. The blue is obviously the ocean, and the purple is the highlands

6 hours ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

When I landed in the canyon I have noticed it doesn't really look like a canyon

http://dropcanvas.com/#rALNY47zK3YQb8

do you think you could make it a little deeper and maybe a little narrower? Thanks in advance!

Also - any idea what's causing the Object Reference errors? If you check your Kopernicus.log, is there a planet that didn't load? A giveaway is usually that an atmospheric planet that uses EVE didn't load, and EVE is trying to put clouds on a non existing planet.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

When I landed in the canyon I have noticed it doesn't really look like a canyon

http://dropcanvas.com/#rALNY47zK3YQb8

do you think you could make it a little deeper and maybe a little narrower? Thanks in advance!

Due to how the PQS System works, it's not possible without increasing the 'radius' (size) of the canyon. Well. Technically it is. There are two values called minLevel = 2, and maxLevel = 7. Olei uses 2 and 7. The level '2' is the quality of the terrain from afar. Increasing this exponentially increases lag. Increasing maxLevel improves the quality of the terrain overall, and when closer to it. This doesn't usually affect framerate whatsoever. I've increased it to 8, but that means that Olei is slightly more bumpy. The canyon is more of a 'valley' with mountains either side, now :D

FftNpbd.png

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Also - any idea what's causing the Object Reference errors? If you check your Kopernicus.log, is there a planet that didn't load? A giveaway is usually that an atmospheric planet that uses EVE didn't load, and EVE is trying to put clouds on a non existing planet.

 Actually, that is because I installed a modified version of Scifi visual enhancements to add clouds to Eve, dust to the airless stock bodies, and a glow layer to them as well. But I forgot to change the configs for gol and gullis, so the game was trying to add two cloudlayers to "mun" and "minmus" which don't exist, but I fixed the problem.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

 Actually, that is because I installed a modified version of Scifi visual enhancements to add clouds to Eve, dust to the airless stock bodies, and a glow layer to them as well. But I forgot to change the configs for gol and gullis, so the game was trying to add two cloudlayers to "mun" and "minmus" which don't exist, but I fixed the problem.

Ahhh the dust layer for the moons.

I'm gonna write 2 EVE configs for Gol and Gullis for the next update adding the dust clouds back as usual using modified textures - just a warning because it will collide with the configs that your EVE layer uses, so be sure to remove, change or update those or remove the ones that I add.

Also, the Mun in KSP (regular Mun) lags a ton with Kopernicus - Minmus does as well but not as badly. Same with Eeloo. That's also why I replaced both of those (Mun, Minmus) with Gol and Gullis to get rid of the Munar lag. And what does that mean? I can go to ham on visual enhancem- Joking. I'm only adding a dust layer! :D 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

pT44TPr.png

I have just created a new biome map for Gullis. I completely forgot, and I think it still uses Tylo's map in 1.6. The blue is obviously the ocean, and the purple is the highlands

I been reset scan then scan biome again still same wrong biome, hard to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now