[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

9 minutes ago, Gamel0rd1 said:

That sounds wicked, I'm gonna try that out now!

(Replies Merged)

Hey everyone! Since there was no release yesterday, I'm back to working on stuff again today, more specifically on re-doing Flak and ensuring Niebos's sea doesn't get too low. As I was checking the land around Niebos, I landed at a plateau and captured this:

J8zesTL.jpg

Good stuff!

You know, just looking at this stuff inspires me to create more worlds myself. I'm actually experimenting with LandControl as I'm writing this with the intention of making part of a planet irradiated and uninhabitable. :D

3 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

Good stuff!

You know, just looking at this stuff inspires me to create more worlds myself. I'm actually experimenting with LandControl as I'm writing this with the intention of making part of a planet irradiated and uninhabitable. :D

Oh that's interesting - I haven't messed with LandControl at all? Apparently it's got something to do with LandClasses, but I use HeightColorMap for that

21 minutes ago, Gamel0rd1 said:

Oh that's interesting - I haven't messed with LandControl at all? Apparently it's got something to do with LandClasses, but I use HeightColorMap for that

LandControl has more limitation options. Not just altitude limiters for LandClasses like VertexPlanet and HeightColorMap, but also limiters for latitude and longitude, allowing for procedural polar icecaps for example. It's also the engine behind terrain scatter, as every LandClass has to specify the scatter types in that area.

39 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

LandControl has more limitation options. Not just altitude limiters for LandClasses like VertexPlanet and HeightColorMap, but also limiters for latitude and longitude, allowing for procedural polar icecaps for example. It's also the engine behind terrain scatter, as every LandClass has to specify the scatter types in that area.

Well I've done a little tweaking (not of LandControl) but using a mixture of the cracks and just random VertexPlanets and not too much tweaking in photoshop, and here's Flak's new terrain:

Cnpkbhv.jpg

15 minutes ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

but i have no talent :(

Give it a go - See what you can come up with!

I have no talent at all when it comes to manual drawing of heightmaps. I have to rely completely on PQSMods (fractal / perlin noise, random terrain generation) and then mix them together in a heightmap for my planets.

If I could draw... I'd make stuff like this:

Image result for planet with life

15 minutes ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

to make those worlds that you made, how did you make them? i dont have talent in coding, so this might be hard

Kittopia tech? whats that? i wanna make a world!

Follow this guide that The White Guardian made. You don't need any external programs for textures or models.

I myself prefer using After Effects for the initial textures, then brush it up in photoshop or the game using PQS mods

2 hours ago, Gamel0rd1 said:

Give it a go - See what you can come up with!

I have no talent at all when it comes to manual drawing of heightmaps. I have to rely completely on PQSMods (fractal / perlin noise, random terrain generation) and then mix them together in a heightmap for my planets.

If I could draw... I'd make stuff like this:

Image result for planet with life

I can do that.

*Mouth agape*

*Glances back to my mod*

*Stares at your planet*

Ooooooooh boy that's some insane work! That looks awesome!

(suddenly feeling rather demoralised. I need to up my game now!)

Edited by Gamel0rd1

7 minutes ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

I'll never get a good texture (or moon/planet), i have no talent and don't draw a lot, but i wanna know about Kittopia Tech for Kopernicus...

We're in the same boat. Don't worry!

Kittopia is a visual editor for Kopernicus. In short, it allows you to make planets without having to draw a single thing. It can generate heightmaps and colormaps (though I hate LandClasses) and export them along with a normal map. I'm not the guy to come to for a tutorial, because I'm still unsure on many of the variables, but there are plenty of youtube videos and forum tutorials which you can search up. The difficult part is getting the configs, textures and assets to come together.

SCIENCE IS IN PROGRESS. (kinda)

SZQWTUs.jpg

Doesn't it look beautiful!

Because I don't think it does.

22 minutes ago, Theglitchofthekraken said:

I just downloaded it, what should i do to unlock Kittopia?

:/ 

Put Kittopia in your GAMEDATA folder. Launch the game, then press Ctrl + P to open the menu.

Welcome to version 0.9.8.

It's been some time since my last version. Some stuff cropped up (yeah, just see the image above) stopping me from uploading one last time.

Flak desperately needed a rework, and so did Verex, so I've finished both of them, plus a Niebietos terrain overhaul, a new planet and some nice Scatterer and EVE configs to go with it. PHEW. Today I spent at least 10 hours on the mod, so I'm glad I've got a release ready today.

dabj883.jpg

Flak:

Y0fwrMX.jpg Niebietos:

GZbKs7Q.jpg Balos:

KSvM6mZ.jpg

Verex:

qb33cH4.jpg

Edited by Gamel0rd1