[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

31 minutes ago, Blackline said:

just move all but yours and Squads items from GameData, and its still here. I'll retest with ring shadows off.

AND THE SUN IS SHINING AGAIN!

MWDzrWE.png

PS: this one did it

jBoKt99.png

Awesome :)

I thought it was that

Edited by Gameslinx

1 hour ago, Blackline said:

But am i the only one experiencing this?

Yes. I too don't get those shadows. Unless the inclination of Gaia was changed, causing the shadows to be prominent.

Edited by Gameslinx

11 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Yes. I too don't get those shadows. Unless the inclination of Gaia was changed, causing the shadows to be prominent.

I didn't change anything, if that's what you want to say.

Funny thing, the stock explore contracts, after doing an EVA in gaias orbit, the next contract is an unpaid (4 SC and 7Rep) flyby of Olu'um. What a gap of progress?!?

45 minutes ago, Blackline said:

I didn't change anything, if that's what you want to say.

Funny thing, the stock explore contracts, after doing an EVA in gaias orbit, the next contract is an unpaid (4 SC and 7Rep) flyby of Olu'um. What a gap of progress?!?

Known bug. Happens with all planet mods unfortunately. So far, no fix.

I found one other bit of shenanigans from the magic space asteroid/space kraken; It left a probe that was stuck on Olei (because I didn't give it a strong enough engine to leave the surface) and stuck it hanging in Sonus' atmosphere which I had a good giggle at. 

But things now return to normal at my space program, and Mining has returned to Gullis! Although I was unaware that the old Flats areas are now just a large ocean of sorts.

pllKzys.png

2 minutes ago, Update Guy said:

the old Flats areas are now just a large ocean of sorts.

Some are, some are not.

The flats you know and love still exist to an extent!

The asteroid that hit the Mun also scraped Minmus, melting it somewhat (or revealing a hidden ocean?)

What a coincidence, it's almost like someone purposely did that!

1 minute ago, Gameslinx said:

The asteroid that hit the Mun also scraped Minmus, melting it somewhat (or revealing a hidden ocean?)

What a coincidence, it's almost like someone purposely did that!

To be fair, it still looks like the flats from orbit. It wasn't until I picked my spot to land and saw the sun gleaming off the flats that it dawned on me. Also actually landing the miner in the water sealed it. Although if the drills reached I could've cornered the market on seafaring fueling stations! 

...I'll have to get back to you on that ocean mining.

2 minutes ago, Update Guy said:

To be fair, it still looks like the flats from orbit. It wasn't until I picked my spot to land and saw the sun gleaming off the flats

Should I make the ocean darker from the map view? Quite a few people say this.

Heavy bouncing if landing on a slope. Usually, my tiny rockets do powered landing, then sometimes tip over and fall to the side. But on gaia, everything seems to be made of rubber, and the rocket just bounces around and starts to loose some parts. Part of the lore?

Edited by Blackline

30 minutes ago, Blackline said:

Heavy bouncing if landing on a slope. Usually, my tiny rockets do powered landing, then sometimes tip over and fall to the side. But on gaia, everything seems to be made of rubber, and the rocket just bounces around and starts to loose some parts. Part of the lore?

It uses Kerbin's config for PhysicsMaterial, so it isn't any bouncier from what i've seen.

On 11.6.2017 at 2:12 AM, Gameslinx said:

How do you mean? :)

I'm away at the moment with limited data.

ResearchBodies is a mod where you have to launch telescopes into space to get information about other planets. Only than you can start sending probes to them and actually them. It's nice to have and brings more suprises to the game especially if you have a new planet pack like yours. 

Hi everyone, I'm new to this mod and thread.

I started a career mode yesterday, and I noticed that after accomplishing the first orbit mission around Gala, that the next milestone mission wanted me to go to Oll'um (idk if i spelled that right) instead of the moons orbiting Gala.

On a similar note, the missions being given at the beginning seem to be very unrewarding, and I'm finding much slower than usual to earn money.

I was curious if anyone else feels the same, and if this was intended or just a coincident? Is there anyone who has made a mission pack or edits to mission generation that they'd be willing to share?

On another note, I really love this system and the lore behind the star systems colliding! Very fun stuff!

1 hour ago, Chase842 said:

I started a career mode yesterday, and I noticed that after accomplishing the first orbit mission around Gala, that the next milestone mission wanted me to go to Oll'um (idk if i spelled that right) instead of the moons orbiting Gala.

On a similar note, the missions being given at the beginning seem to be very unrewarding, and I'm finding much slower than usual to earn money.

I was curious if anyone else feels the same, and if this was intended or just a coincident? Is there anyone who has made a mission pack or edits to mission generation that they'd be willing to share?

On another note, I really love this system and the lore behind the star systems colliding! Very fun stuff!

Read 4 or 5 posts above

On 1/31/2017 at 1:18 PM, Gameslinx said:

Changelog VERSION 0.3: | | --- | | - IMPORTANT - IF YOU ARE LANDED ON NIEBOS, GET TO A SAFE SPOT!

• Niebos radius scaled up to 400KM diameter (Just less than Kerbin's)
  • Niebietos moonlet added around Niebos. It's not what it seems from the map view... (easter egg?)
  • Vega will be moved from Niebos's orbit to Olu'um (gas giant) soon, as Niebietos is Niebos's official moon, now.
  • I'm using a new algorithm to calculate noise for Niebietos. It should allow for some great new scenery
  • KNOWN ISSUE - Niebos's ocean is TOO LOW by about 200m. This will be fixed in the next update!
  • KNOWN ISSUE - Niebos's moon (Niebietos) looks perfectly round from the map view, when it REALLY ISN'T - Go visit it, it's awesome!

On request of @eloquentJane and @TheEpicSquared - Thanks for the suggestion! Since your idea was awesome, if you want, PM me an easter egg idea. It can be anything appropriate. Just specify which planet you want it on, and what you want it to be (I can't do monoliths yet, though!). 

I'll send a rover with tracks, the kind most tanks use.

53 minutes ago, Dat_Coffee said:

Is it possible to use this mod without also having EVE and Scatter installed? The planets look good but graphics mods lag the heck out of my computer

Yes, you can delete the scatter and EVE mods from your gamedata folder, the mod will still work fine

Got some new stuff for ya. Butai is having the same issue as Niebos was where my craft would experience a sudden burst of heat the instant it enters the atmosphere (wasn't nearly as bad this time, though).

Oh, and I found a thing (spoiler alert):

Spoiler

21 hours ago, Chase842 said:

This is a common issue with planet packs (talking about the famous Olu'um contract here), I can not change or alter any of the contract system. I'll add this to a known issues section.

17 hours ago, Nyarlathotep- said:

I'll send a rover with tracks, the kind most tanks use.

You quoted a changelog which was written months ago. Make sure you know what you're in for :) 

14 hours ago, TheWanderer05 said:

Got some new stuff for ya. Butai is having the same issue as Niebos was where my craft would experience a sudden burst of heat the instant it enters the atmosphere (wasn't nearly as bad this time, though).

Oh, and I found a thing (spoiler alert):

Hide contents

Bug logged, and fixed :) thanks for the help

__

Great job finding one of the easter eggs! I'm making it a biome in the future.

14 hours ago, Dat_Coffee said:

Thanks, that helps :D

Also, I added some science descriptions for Teloslate, hope they're not too bad :P

Cheers, that will definitely help a lot!

Hi again, so I downloaded Strategia, and it definitely does help out early on in career mode with money, due to the Oll'ulm contract bug, I would highly recommend putting Strategia on a suggested mods list for this planet pack/overhaul.

Another a different note, I was curious if there is a simple way to scale up the planets/system? I assume it would cause terrain and/or texture issues, and be a lot of work to make a whole new set of everything for all the planets. However, if someone has done so already, I would be curious to take a look at it.

P.S. - Great planet pack/overhaul! Many props! Wow!

11 minutes ago, Chase842 said:

Another a different note, I was curious if there is a simple way to scale up the planets/system? I assume it would cause terrain and/or texture issues, and be a lot of work to make a whole new set of everything for all the planets. However, if someone has done so already, I would be curious to take a look at it.

https://github.com/Galileo88/Galileos-Planet-Pack/blob/619313423fdfe577b1c2bbe1d51228fa1323f0a6/Optional Mods/Rescale!/2.5X.cfg <- an example config (scales Galileo's planets by 2.5x

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

18 minutes ago, Chase842 said:

Hi again, so I downloaded Strategia, and it definitely does help out early on in career mode with money, due to the Oll'ulm contract bug, I would highly recommend putting Strategia on a suggested mods list for this planet pack/overhaul.

P.S. - Great planet pack/overhaul! Many props! Wow!

11 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Whoa even I am too slow! Check that out ^^!

20 minutes ago, Chase842 said:

Great planet pack/overhaul! Many props! Wow!

<3 

Preparing for a new trailer within this month hopefully. I'm looking for some song suggestions (preferably copyright free) to go along with the video, similarly to the last one. 

I wasn't lying when I said about detailing planets, as I've mentioned to @eloquentJane:wink:

unknown.png

unknown.png

PS: Sonus's radius is going to rise to 1,000,000 m, with a gravity ASL of 1.3 Gs. It will be the largest landable planet in the pack, but not as harsh as Eve.

Edited by Gameslinx