[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

Hey these new planets look so good...does anyone know why I might be seeing some of the really small ones like Nightmare all pixelated with holes in them and stuff from certain altitudes? And Vulcan flickers a lot at about 100k meters but looks fine from lower or higher altitudes. I can get some screenshots if they will help. I am guessing it isn't this mod, rather another one, I am using stock visual enhancement and stock visual terrain, I know it isn't scatterer as it is the same with that mod deleted. 

17 minutes ago, beta546 said:

stock visual enhancement and stock visual terrain

Keep scatterer, please add the scatterer I provide back into your GameData.

Stock Visual Enhancements may be causing this, as you are overlaying different EVE clouds. Usually, this will not go well. You don't need SVE as I provide my own configs and clouds for the stock planets (plus mine). SVE and this mod are not compatible, but I think SVT is...

@Galileo is the developer and might be able to do some clarification. I'm not getting flickering around Vulcan, but a screenshot of Nightmare may help because it doesn't seem related to a mod.

1 minute ago, Gameslinx said:

Keep scatterer, please add the scatterer I provide back into your GameData.

Stock Visual Enhancements may be causing this, as you are overlaying different EVE clouds. Usually, this will not go well. You don't need SVE as I provide my own configs and clouds for the stock planets (plus mine). SVE and this mod are not compatible, but I think SVT is...

@Galileo is the developer and might be able to do some clarification. I'm not getting flickering around Vulcan, but a screenshot of Nightmare may help because it doesn't seem related to a mod.

Yeah I put scatterer back anyway I was just checking mods....I will remove SVE now and see, the problems I mentioned seem to be random, sometimes it happens and sometimes not, all the planets with clouds look perfect though, but I will remove SVE if yours does the job anyway :-) And I am pretty sure SVT is fine as it only has textures and configs for the stock planets...thanks for the quick reply as well. 

9 minutes ago, beta546 said:

Yeah I put scatterer back anyway I was just checking mods....I will remove SVE now and see, the problems I mentioned seem to be random, sometimes it happens and sometimes not, all the planets with clouds look perfect though, but I will remove SVE if yours does the job anyway :-) And I am pretty sure SVT is fine as it only has textures and configs for the stock planets...thanks for the quick reply as well. 

No worries. If anything else happens, remove all other mods (I know it takes time, but it helps!) or provide some screenshots for me to go off :)

Cheers.

Just now, Gameslinx said:

No worries. If anything else happens, remove all other mods (I know it takes time, but it helps!) or provide some screenshots for me to go off :)

Cheers.

Trying to get the screens but typically now I want them it isn't happening :-D Just re loading now without SVE...if it happens again I will grab the screens for you then start removing mods. Thanks again :-)

I love this mod and the some of the planets are beautiful especially the ocean worlds, very pretty, but I find the screen is way to cluttered with planets. I also don't really like the moons around other moons.  I've been maneuvering some planets and moons I don't like with hyper edit near the sun so they are out of the way. Where in the mod files are these planets and moons so I can delete them? Is that possible? Thank you. 

Edited by OhioGamer

22 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Cheers.

Well...removing SVE did this to Kerbin :-D Going to do a whole fresh install of everything now as I have so many mods haha. Need to start over...also I got the screen shot of one of the messed up planets. Could this just be a rendering issue? as it isn't always happening and sometimes they look fine, it is like it has only half loaded or something.

https://goo.gl/photos/Hdz3QPZadDQstEQaA

https://goo.gl/photos/xmDMKpDNe6cmRUYy8

I have to confess I have no idea how to upload screens here :-D So I hope this is okay...ignore the kerbin shot, was just showing you, that's clearly something messed up on my part haha

43 minutes ago, beta546 said:

Well...removing SVE did this to Kerbin :-D Going to do a whole fresh install of everything now as I have so many mods haha. Need to start over...also I got the screen shot of one of the messed up planets. Could this just be a rendering issue? as it isn't always happening and sometimes they look fine, it is like it has only half loaded or something.

https://goo.gl/photos/Hdz3QPZadDQstEQaA

https://goo.gl/photos/xmDMKpDNe6cmRUYy8

I have to confess I have no idea how to upload screens here :-D So I hope this is okay...ignore the kerbin shot, was just showing you, that's clearly something messed up on my part haha

First screenshot is because of Hyper Edit. There's a bug with Hyper Edit which causes the PQS system on planets to load incorrectly. Just do a quicksave and a quickload to fix that every time you hyper edit!

Second screenshot: uh... just reinstall I guess!

1 minute ago, Gameslinx said:

First screenshot is because of Hyper Edit. There's a bug with Hyper Edit which causes the PQS system on planets to load incorrectly. Just do a quicksave and a quickload to fix that every time you hyper edit!

Second screenshot: uh... just reinstall I guess!

Ahhhhhhh :-D Thanks so much haha. I did think it was some kind of loading issue, never occurred to me it could be hyper edit. I guess I only noticed after installing your mods, because I used it to jump around to look at all the planets. Yeah I just put SVE back for now and it fixed it...will sort it tomorrow, getting drunk tonight so just wanna play :-D And it does seem to be working fine with your mod from what I can see, but I would rather remove it if your mod does the same job....just when I can be bothered haha...thank you again.....damn hyper edit :-D

8 minutes ago, beta546 said:

I just put SVE back for now and it fixed it

No,  no no no no

You're overlaying cloud layers (from mine and Galileo's textures) as well as overlaying Scatterer configs. It's either my configs or his (one or the other). If you use his, all of my planets will not have their visuals. Sorry!

2 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

No,  no no no no

You're overlaying cloud layers (from mine and Galileo's textures) as well as overlaying Scatterer configs. It's either my configs or his (one or the other). If you use his, all of my planets will not have their visuals. Sorry!

Haha don't worry. It is just for tonight so kerbin doesn't have a solid white sphere instead of an atmosphere as I will only be building a station in orbit tonight and don't want to look at that mess :-D I will re install everything fresh tomorrow before I start to plan trips to any of your new planets :-)

Okay, so I confirmed that something in this mod is messing with kerbnet. With all non-visual components of the mod uninstalled, kerbnet worked fine. Even with every probe core and scanner in the game it wouldn't work with the mod. Also, oddly enough, the ore scanner wouldn't project an overlay over the planet when not in the map view. I'm not entirely sure what would cause this bug in a planet pack, but the feature worked a few versions ago (not sure if it worked between then and now because I hadn't tried using it until I started looking for easter eggs again). Also, time warp is not allowed under 80 km on scorch, which is 30 km above atmosphere.

tswZLWS.jpg

Edited by TheWanderer05
added info

12 hours ago, OhioGamer said:

Where in the mod files are these planets and moons so I can delete them? Is that possible? Thank you. 

Image result for sad face

If you say so. Go to Olei > Configs. Deleting the config will cause the planet to not load. Careful - if you delete a planet you MUST delete its moon as well. Deleting an atmospheric PLANET will cause EVE and Scatterer to throw errors, so make sure you remove the config node for them in Olei > EVE > Atmosphere > Clouds.cfg AND Scatterer > configs > PlanetsList.cfg

Edited by Gameslinx

17 minutes ago, StanleyKubrick said:

This mod just awesome...

And it's about to get a whole lot better in the next update (hopefully tomorrow)!

Gaia should look a bit like this. It's not finished yet, so it won't be exact (for example, this uses Kerbin's terrain map at the moment)

unknown.png

18 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

I'd like to report a bug: I was offered a contract to extract ore from Olu'um. This seems like it shouldn't happen.

Very known and frequently brought up bug that planet pack devs can't fix. Ignore it and move on is the only thing that can be suggested.

Edited by Galileo

Some screenshots of the new and improved Gaia!

9oPNTv6.png

Gaia from orbit. It now appears more detailed and it's a lot more flat overall.

i5o5gZ7.jpg

The new Space Centre location. Still in the mountains, but overlooking a large dip into the blue ocean.

2oCyh5y.jpg

And it isn't a space centre without Gaia's iconic mountains not too far behind!

7 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Some screenshots of the new and improved Gaia!

9oPNTv6.png

Gaia from orbit. It now appears more detailed and it's a lot more flat overall.

I'm glad there's going to be more flat areas! I like the mountains and all, but my vessels trying to land from orbit will often hit a mountain before the parachutes even have a chance to deploy :0.0:

Welcome to version 2.2 for KSP 1.3!

Changelog:

"'IMPORTANT: Recover vessels landed on Gaia and Niebos.

Niebos slight heightmap improvements, adding more detail

Added more biomes to Niebos

Gaia complete terrain rework, removing some large mountains and making it look a lot nicer overall

KSC Relocated to Latitude 0, longitude -73. The old KSC was on Latitude 1.

Cloud detail texture updated to savour performance

Graphical improvements to Gaia's atmosphere

Removed two minor cloud layers from Gaia which cause unnecessary lag

More terrain variation and detail added to Gaia using the ridged altitude curve

Gaia now has 20 biomes, each large island, continent, pole, major mountain and major terrain feature has a biome!

Updated biome names for Gaia

QOL improvements

Gaia appears flatter from the map view

Updated Gaia's map view mesh

Niebos atmosphere tweaks

Other stuff I can't remember. Enjoy the update.

"Removed the Kraken"'

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ph2kzp8feuyc0i/GPO DISTANT OBJECT CONFIGURATION.zip?dl=0

Edited by Gameslinx