[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

8 minutes ago, Wolves_Hero said:

I been reset scan then scan biome again still same wrong biome, hard to fix it.

I haven't updated the mod. That happens on Sunday each week. So, tomorrow, you will be able to download the update and the biome will be fixed :) (I'm working on a biome for Olei, because that still uses the old one)

8 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Ahhh the dust layer for the moons.

I'm gonna write 2 EVE configs for Gol and Gullis for the next update adding the dust clouds back as usual using modified textures - just a warning because it will collide with the configs that your EVE layer uses, so be sure to remove, change or update those or remove the ones that I add.

Also, the Mun in KSP (regular Mun) lags a ton with Kopernicus - Minmus does as well but not as badly. Same with Eeloo. That's also why I replaced both of those (Mun, Minmus) with Gol and Gullis to get rid of the Munar lag. And what does that mean? I can go to ham on visual enhancem- Joking. I'm only adding a dust layer! :D 

That makes perfect sense! 

for the dust on Gol are you also adding that cool "fire" cloudlayer at the lava like you did with niebietos.

8 minutes ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

That makes perfect sense! 

for the dust on Gol are you also adding that cool "fire" cloudlayer at the lava like you did with niebietos.

Now that.... that's a great idea!

20 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Now that.... that's a great idea!

Thanks!

also do you think you could add snowstorms on vulkine? maybe by using a normal cloudlayer but having the detail texture that looks like floating snow and the volumetric clouds being snow particles

Edited by ModerndayLink64

27 minutes ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

also do you think you could add snowstorms on vulkine? baybe by using a normal cloudlayer but having the detail texture that looks like floating snow and the volumetric clouds being snow particles

I like the idea of that! Whilst I was checking out Vulkine... I realised it had an ATMOSPHERE. It uses Laythe as a template for its water, and I forgot

removeAtmosphere = true
removeOcean = true

So not only was there Laythe's atmosphere, but also two oceans!

The atmosphere and Laythe's ocean on Vulkine have been removed.

Edited by Gameslinx

6 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I like the idea of that! Whilst I was checking out Vulkine... I realised it had an ATMOSPHERE. It uses Laythe as a template for its water, and I forgot

removeAtmosphere = true
removeocean = true

So not only was there Laythe's atmosphere, but also two oceans!

The atmosphere and Laythe's ocean on Vulkine have been removed.

lol :D

I just downloaded the the 1.6 update and some of my contracts flipped - I was supposed to build a base, collect science data, and preform surface observations on Olemut, but now the base and science contract are set to Olei. Also, the waypoints for the surface observations are located on olei, even though the contract specifies those same points to be on Olemut. Other than that, I'd say I'm having a pretty good time with this mod. 

Edit: Is Gullis supposed to have oceans? The ground where Minmus' flats once were is just darker green and elevated a bit.

CYZK9K0.jpg

Edited by TheWanderer05
Inserted Image

2 hours ago, TheWanderer05 said:

I just downloaded the the 1.6 update and some of my contracts flipped - I was supposed to build a base, collect science data, and preform surface observations on Olemut, but now the base and science contract are set to Olei. Also, the waypoints for the surface observations are located on olei, even though the contract specifies those same points to be on Olemut. Other than that, I'd say I'm having a pretty good time with this mod. 

Edit: Is Gullis supposed to have oceans? The ground where Minmus' flats once were is just darker green and elevated a bit.

CYZK9K0.jpg

Gullies does have oceans, it's on the blue-y streaked part of the planet. The flats are as normal, just coloured slightly differently (I replace Minmus with Gullis, meaning I have to recreate Minmus as best as possible).

With your contract problems, yep. That's my fault. There's a value in Oleo's config called 'Flight Global Index'. This manages contracts. If a contract points to Olei, it points to its flight global index value.

When rewriting Oleo's config for 1.6, I changed the value. It might be the same as Olemut.... Which is bad. I'll have a look and if need be I'll change it back to whatever it was before, but that might throw other contracts about, so make sure you finish them :P

Welcome to update 1.7

IMPORTANT: Niebos terrain changed. Finish ALL Olei and Sheathe contracts before updating, or they will point elsewhere

• Niebos terrain changed back to the old version

• Niebos mountains more sharp and prominent

• Niebos biome map made more accurate

• Gullis biome map added

• Gullis dust clouds added

• Gol dust clouds and lava clouds added

• Updated Modular Flight Integrator dependency

• Somehow reduced file size without consciously forgetting to put a file/folder in the ZIP. ??????

• Updated Olei biome map to match its terrain overhaul

• Reduced stuttering at title screen with MFI

• Reduced time to wait when generating cache, seemed to be fixed by updating MFI

• Corrected Verdina's terrain

• Corrected Verdina's mesh

• New Niebos colour map

• Removed the noise map from Gaia clouds as it's ugly

• Much more bug fixes and optimisations!

• "Removed the Kraken"

Small update: after downloading the 1.7 update, my rover that was on Scorch is now on Quarta. Its relay probe is also orbiting Quarta. Debris that was located on Gullis is now on Scorch. 

Other craft are where I left em.

Thought I'd let ya know.

edit: this could have also happened because of 1.6 but I hadn't checked craft locations when I installed 1.6

8Fwicvh.jpg

Edited by TheWanderer05

6 hours ago, TheWanderer05 said:

Small update: after downloading the 1.7 update, my rover that was on Scorch is now on Quarta. Its relay probe is also orbiting Quarta. Debris that was located on Gullis is now on Scorch. 

Thought I'd let ya know.

edit: this could have also happened because of 1.6 but I hadn't checked craft locations when I installed 1.6

8Fwicvh.jpg

That would be a 1.6 thing :P

Thanks for letting me know, though :)

20 hours ago, TheWanderer05 said:

Thought I'd let ya know.

8Fwicvh.jpg

Sidenote: (sorry for the craft relocation, it won't happen again. I HAD to switch the FGI values around, sorry :( )

That picture is amazing! Are you using distantObject?

A small sidenote:

Thanks to your feedback, I'm revisiting some of the terrain on Gaia. I'll need to rewrite a biome map, as the mountains have shifted slightly, but I'm eliminating the pixelation on Gaia once and for all. How? VertexHeightNoiseVertHeightCurve2, of course! (I couldn't remember what it was called either). This can act by analysing the terrain curve, similarly to how an atmosphere curve is, and add noise on top of the terrain based on that curve. For example, lower parts of the heightmap will be untouched, however I can point it to affect higher portions where the pixelation in the terrain is most visible. I'll post an update soon with pics.

ThOPqIp.png

I'm regenerating the colourmap soon, so just simply ignore the blue terrain edges for now.

Edited by Gameslinx

20 minutes ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

so, while browsing the files for the clouds I fount the color map for olu'um, was this used for anything or is it there on accident?

You mean Olu'um_color.png?

That's used for non-scatterer peasants :P , otherwise it would look like Jool to them.

14 minutes ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

actually it is just named "oluum.png"

That's a redacted cloud texture which I might swap over to the Colourmap at some point. I might give it a small test and see how it looks, as it looks cloudier and more realistic than Olu'um's current texture. What do you think?

That sounds like a great idea, but what if instead of replacing the other one apply it as a cloud layer (and set its color to 255,255,255, and play with the alpha value a little bit) so that the gas planet might look a little like it has moving gas  

Edited by ModerndayLink64

17 minutes ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

That sounds like a great idea, but what if instead of replacing the other one apply it as a cloud layer (and set its color to 255,255,255, and play with the alpha value a little bit) so that the gas planet might look a little like it has moving gas  

Cloud layers on gas giants apply differently than regular cloud layers. I've had a small tinker with that, but it doesn't create the effect you might expect unfortunately. I might try and see if I can add wispy clouds for that cirrus detail, but a full-on cloud layer is a bit difficult to do at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Cloud layers on gas giants apply differently than regular cloud layers. I've had a small tinker with that, but it doesn't create the effect you might expect unfortunately. I might try and see if I can add wispy clouds for that cirrus detail, but a full-on cloud layer is a bit difficult to do at the moment.

I guess you are right, cirrus clouds might work better on olu'um

but what about adding a fog layer at 0 height to indicate the "death barrier"

have to go(school)

8 minutes ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

I guess you are right, cirrus clouds might work better on olu'um

but what about adding a fog layer at 0 height to indicate the "death barrier"

Good idea. I only need a 4 x 2 image which is coloured white to do that lol. The 'final barrier' before absolute destruction!

16 minutes ago, KerbolExplorer said:

IM the first one too find the Ester egg At Gol:kiss:

Unfortunately not. @ModerndayLink64 did.