[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

52 minutes ago, Blackline said:

Really like what you accomplished!

A question regarding the screwed up contracts: does anyone know a mod/contract pack that enables a guided (and especially paid) tour through this planet pack?

Nah, the pack isn't well known enough for anyone to have made that. I search for phrases containing the mod name to see when someone mentions it. Like Galileo said - ignore it and move on is the best way to deal with it

3 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Nah, the pack isn't well known enough for anyone to have made that. I search for phrases containing the mod name to see when someone mentions it. Like Galileo said - ignore it and move on is the best way to deal with it

Move on like skip this one contract? Or forget (progression) contracts at all?

Edited by Blackline

edit: --> I hope, this better to read.

Would not it be better if carbonite was present in the exosphere, as is the community resource pack normal at Kerbin.
 To this I find no carborundum near the sun.

Edited by BlackwingDave

56 minutes ago, BlackwingDave said:

Hello I have a question it is wanted that I exo spherical no carbonite around the Atmos spherical planets find. 
Normally this should be so. There is also nothing to be found in the waters. Even the sun has no carborundum.

Do excuse me, but the formatting on your message seems to be broken, making it hard to read.

In case you are wondering why there is no Karbonite, @Gameslinx has to write some extra configs for that if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, BlackwingDave said:

Hello I have a question it is wanted that I exo spherical no carbonite around the Atmos spherical planets find. 
Normally this should be so. There is also nothing to be found in the waters. Even the sun has no carborundum.

Ehhuhhh....

@Translator:FOR[help]
{
	Translating in Progress:
	Hello. I have a question. [Cannot interpret] ... There is no karbonite around the atmosphere of some planets. Normally, this is the case. There is also no Karbonite or resources found in the seas of atmospheric planets. Even the sun has no Karborundum
}

I'm... really sorry I don't exactly understand what you are trying to say. But I'll answer based on the text above ^^:

@JadeOfMaar has been spending some time writing resource configurations for the planets, and Karbonite is one of them. You can find Karbonite on: Scorch, Sonus, Niebos, Dreidos, Butai, Olu'um, Telos, Volux and Fume. The locations of Karbonundum will not be disclosed as it is a valuable resource which you must locate yourself.

if you have the time to elaborate on your question, please do! I'm not able to understand what you're exactly trying to say.

Hey all! Just slapped together a video for testing my new editing software for YouTube, but since I was using the mod I might as well post it here. The footage isn't that good and it certainly isn't a trailer (for its immensely low effort :P )

I'm 

3 hours ago, BlackwingDave said:

edit: --> I hope, this better to read.

Would not it be better if carbonite was present in the exosphere, as is the community resource pack normal at Kerbin.
 To this I find no carborundum near the sun.

I just checked. (Note: I do not have this planet mod installed right now.) Everything is as it should be, including Karborundum around the Sun. Here are a few suggestions to keep note of:

1. Due to (what I believe is a logic bug) REASONS™ Karbonite will actually turn out to be non-existent in most places when it should be present, even in trace amounts. Create a new save and things may turn out differently.
  2. Jool and Vall are the best places (if not the only places) among the stock planets to get exospheric karbonite at.
  3. All of Gameslinx's atmospheres (and oceans) should have high amounts of karbonite in them...... So Gullis and Olei or Olemut's oceans should actually contain fuel! :o 
  4. Only two moons have exospheric karbonite. Their parent planet is somewhere between Sonus and Flak.
  5. Make sure your versions of Karbonite and CRP are correct for your version of KSP. I don't have reason as yet to think that GPO is somehow messing with resource defaults.

3 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

In case you are wondering why there is no Karbonite, @Gameslinx has to write some extra configs for that if I remember correctly.

I handled that. :) I respected most of the resource data that you conveniently left for me to build upon.

I'm downloading the newest update now, any chance that you made it more compatible with Remote Tech? I prefer starting with basic probes and satellites but I've had to use manned rockets to set up my CommSat system due to there not being a link at the KSC now. If you have fixed this issue please disregard, if not any help fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

40 minutes ago, ShoelessJoe1983 said:

I'm downloading the newest update now, any chance that you made it more compatible with Remote Tech? I prefer starting with basic probes and satellites but I've had to use manned rockets to set up my CommSat system due to there not being a link at the KSC now. If you have fixed this issue please disregard, if not any help fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

I think remote tech should work normally? I'll look into it as I have a weekend to spare. If you could give it a go, sure thing. I cannot remember the bug, sorry! I got bogged down with updating to 1.3 and fixing planet related issues.

Please note that scanning planets does not work at the moment because of a Kopernicus issue. I cannot fix this because I am not the developer of Kopernicus - we're all suffering together!

Edited by Gameslinx

this MERIDIAN mod makes my KSP use 5gb of RAM, and seeing that my laptop has 6 GB of RAM, that's not very enjoyable to say the least :D

have you considered using the Kopernicus feature loadondemand?

4 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

this MERIDIAN mod makes my KSP use 5gb of RAM, and seeing that my laptop has 6 GB of RAM, that's not very enjoyable to say the least :D

have you considered using the Kopernicus feature loadondemand?

Gamedata > Olei-Gaia > GPO_Scatterer.cfg turns off LoD for a few planets. Is that what you mean?

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

Gamedata > Olei-Gaia > GPO_Scatterer.cfg turns off LoD for a few planets. Is that what you mean?

Last time I checked LOD could only be enabled/disabled for all the planets, not for specific ones

Plus you would need to put textures under a PluginData folder :)

But that's also known to cause issues for mac and linux users so I'm not sure that's a good thing for you

2 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

Last time I checked LOD could only be enabled/disabled for all the planets, not for specific ones

So which one will save RAM? With LOD enabled or disabled? With some, I have to turn LOD off because scatterer hates it

Edited by Gameslinx

3 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

So which one will save RAM? With LOD enabled or disabled? With some, I have to turn LOD off because scatterer hates it

LOD on saves RAM, but can give issues to mac users / linux users and possibly other mods (like apparently scatterer)

Hello @Gameslinx

I want ot ask you for soem info on the Rings settings in your mod.

Rings
		{
			Ring
			{
				angle = 45
				innerRadius = 2000
				outerRadius = 20000				
				texture = Kopernicus/Textures/Gaia_ring.png
				color = 1,1,1,1
				lockRotation = true
				unlit = true
                useNewShader = false //turn this on if you want ring shadows, but it's buggy
                penumbraMultipler = 5.0
			}
		}

So what does unlit means  and what does penumbraMulltipler means ?   

I thkn I now what means useNewShader is for the shadow on the rings from planet. 

Btw how did you manage to get so nice green rings for one planet from your pack ?  I see that very first circle of rings have such nice green color. 

Thank you for the info.

Edited by Jovzin

1 hour ago, Jovzin said:

Hello @Gameslinx

I want ot ask you for soem info on the Rings settings in your mod.

Rings
		{
			Ring
			{
				angle = 45
				innerRadius = 2000
				outerRadius = 20000				
				texture = Kopernicus/Textures/Gaia_ring.png
				color = 1,1,1,1
				lockRotation = true
				unlit = true
                useNewShader = false //turn this on if you want ring shadows, but it's buggy
                penumbraMultipler = 5.0
			}
		}

So what does unlit means  and what does penumbraMulltipler means ?   

I thkn I now what means useNewShader is for the shadow on the rings from planet. 

Btw how did you manage to get so nice green rings for one planet from your pack ?  I see that very first circle of rings have such nice green color. 

Thank you for the info.

Penumbra multiplier is how soft the shadow is on the rings. The higher the number, the sharper the edges of the shadow.

Unlit is just a unity shader.

For the ringed planet, go yo Gamedata > Olei > Textures. Find 'NiebosRing'. That's how you get the green

On June 30, 2017 at 4:29 PM, Gameslinx said:

I think remote tech should work normally? I'll look into it as I have a weekend to spare. If you could give it a go, sure thing. I cannot remember the bug, sorry! I got bogged down with updating to 1.3 and fixing planet related issues.

Please note that scanning planets does not work at the moment because of a Kopernicus issue. I cannot fix this because I am not the developer of Kopernicus - we're all suffering together!

Remote Tech still not working in updated version of your mod, there was no Comm links on the planet. Added KerbinSide mod which gave me more Comm links around the planet but none near where you have the KSC.

39 minutes ago, ShoelessJoe1983 said:

Remote Tech still not working in updated version of your mod, there was no Comm links on the planet. Added KerbinSide mod which gave me more Comm links around the planet but none near where you have the KSC.

I've realised the whole Kerbnet shenanigan is down to Kopernicus. I mentioned @Sigma88 a while back and he said it's something to do with how it handles displayName in 1.3. I'm waiting on a fix because kerbnet is a serious issue! I can't do anything about this, sorry :P 

42 minutes ago, ShoelessJoe1983 said:

no Comm links on the planet

In stock KSP I am getting a connection.

15 minutes ago, GenesisPlayz said:

Woah! Last time i used this it was way different!

I know right?

I used this planet pack when it was first available, I played with it for a week, then removed it in favor of GPP... now I have this pack as my main solar system expansion, and GPP set up... lets say differently :wink:

18 minutes ago, GenesisPlayz said:

Woah! Last time i used this it was way different!

1 minute ago, TheKurgan said:

I know right?

I used this planet pack when it was first available, I played with it for a week, then removed it in favor of GPP... now I have this pack as my main solar system expansion, and GPP set up... lets say differently :wink:

Cheers guys this means a lot :)

Hey all! I will be adding compatibility with  @linuxgurugamer's amazing mod Loading Screen Manager very shortly, but we need some amazing screenshots of different planets to go with it!

I'm looking for some very good quality pictures which are wallpaper material - such as the one on the mod post. 

Please make sure the resolution is 1920 x 1080 or 16:9, and that your craft is not included unless it is a surface shot.

Thanks guys! You can get your pictures on the loading screen if they are amazing!

Hello! This is my first post on the forums so if I mess something up please let me know! Anyways on to my bug...

Was having some fps issues, so I started messing with some settings. After turning most things down to low, I went back into my save. Then I noticed something odd...

Spoiler

Managed to pin down and recreate the issue for recording.

I quickly figured out the cause was changing the terrain detail to below default causes the runway to be half swallowed by the terrain, and it's not only visual, but physical as well. I also tried to search this thread to see if this problem had been reported before and didn't see anything, if it has I apologize and will delete this post. 

While I'm here, is there anything simple I can do to increase fps? With stock my fps is fine, with this its down to like 15 at launch. (in 1080p, which that video was not)

Edited by ToxikEvo