[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

11 minutes ago, Shaddow Phönix said:

Hey @Gameslinx Is there a way to reduze the 4k Textures to 1k Textures ?

Since your Version 1.5 I have ram issuses due to not enough ram on my PC :mad:

Sure! You will need to do this manually, though. First, delete the Texturereplacer folder from Gamedata. It has 6 8k images. Deleting it will cause no harm, just reset the skybox.

Open an image editing program (paint.net is free and does this fine) and open the color maps.

DO NOT OPEN colour maps which just have water, or transparent maps. Don't modify ocean planets.

For rocky worlds, just resize the image to 1024 x 512. Don't do this for the heightmaps, but if you still have issues, resize the normal maps (that's the biggest quality loss)

3 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Sure! You will need to do this manually, though. First, delete the Texturereplacer folder from Gamedata. It has 6 8k images. Deleting it will cause no harm, just reset the skybox.

Open an image editing program (paint.net is free and does this fine) and open the color maps.

DO NOT OPEN colour maps which just have water, or transparent maps. Don't modify ocean planets.

For rocky worlds, just resize the image to 1024 x 512. Don't do this for the heightmaps, but if you still have issues, resize the normal maps (that's the biggest quality loss)

Thank you. Hopefully this will help.

Hmmm... Gol looks kinda funny ;-)

Spoiler

dgk.jpgdgl.jpg

Gol Tip, if you get a contract to splash down in the oceans of Gol, well don't, unless your craft can withstand hot burning magma!

Edited by narvster
Hot tip added!

32 minutes ago, narvster said:

Hmmm... Gol looks kinda funny ;-)

Hide contents

dgk.jpgdgl.jpg

Gol Tip, if you get a contract to splash down in the oceans of Gol, well don't, unless your craft can withstand hot burning magma!

You got me, but you're not the first to find it! :D 

8 minutes ago, narvster said:

Oh I know I wasn't, I just hadn't seen the pic posted here.

I'm glad you found it, though. More easter eggs coming for tomorrow (easter sunday deserves some easter eggs, right?). Olei is getting an overhaul because it's a bit basic for my liking - I know some people might like Olei but.... Yep it's getting changed :)

Not too much coming in tomorrow's update, though, since I was off for around 4 days :P 

6 minutes ago, Kerbal22 said:

Hi guys, Ive downloaded the mod on my mac and ive got KSP version 1.2.2. I unzipped the files and put them into my gamedata folder and the new planets dont show up. Anyone got any suggestions?

Did you install Kopernicus? The pack needs that mod to appear in-game. 

Oh I see the problem. Your GameData folder should look more like this:

Ok the folder won't look exactly like that - that's just something I cobbled together in Photoshop - but I think it conveys what you should do with that nested GameData folder. :wink: 

This is mod installation 101. When a mod includes all of it's necessary folders in a folder labeled GameData, it wants you to merge that GameData folder with the main one - not plonk it in the main one like you did. :P
When it doesn't put everything into its own GameData in the zip, that's when you place the contents into the main GameData as they are in the zip. (minus readmes, licenses, and other junk meant for you and not the mod)

Speaking of readmes there's installation instructions right there... Why didn't you read that? :rolleyes:

Edited by wadusher1

25 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Kopernicus is installed incorrectly as well. Fix that and you should be good.

I took all the files from the kopernicus game data folder and put them in the KSP game data folder and still no planets. This is what my KSP game data folder looks like now: 43MArGy.png

26 minutes ago, Kerbal22 said:

I took all the files from the kopernicus game data folder and put them in the KSP game data folder and still no planets. This is what my KSP game data folder looks like now: 43MArGy.png

OK OK no....

The mod comes with Kopernicus.... You don't need to redownload it.

I recommend you remove your version of kopernicus from your gamedata. (In your case, remove 'configs', 'plugins' and 'shaders')

Done that? Do this:

When installing the mod, drag EVERYTHING (all 10 items) into Gamedata.

Do not make another folder for it all.

Edited by Gameslinx

3 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

OK OK no....

The mod comes with Kopernicus.... You don't need to redownload it.

I recommend you remove your version of kopernicus from your gamedata. (In your case, remove 'configs', 'plugins' and 'shaders')

Done that? Do this:

When installing the mod, drag EVERYTHING (all 10 items) into Gamedata.

Do not make another folder for it all.

Still no luck

yzDKiEg.png

3 hours ago, Kerbal22 said:

Still no luck

yzDKiEg.png

Oh uhhh....

That's supposed to work...

Do the planets just not appear at all or does your game crash? You might be better deleting all the mod files and reinstalling the mod to make sure nothing is missing.

Can you send me your Kopernicus.log? It's found by searching for 'logs' in your Kerbal Space Program folder. Just send it over a PM or by a Dropbox link.

Since the new Olei is being generated with PQSMods, I need to add some terrain variation using MapDecals. I should be using AlphaHeightSmoothing to make sure that everything blends together well, but I'll expect a few bugs in the terrain around these features once the build goes out.

@The White Guardian I'm having some interesting issue with the colormap on Olei. It's interesting because it uses the same colormap as ScaledVersion uses, yet it doesn't like it with VertexColorMap

Here's the config. All texture file paths are correct, but it still hates me and does this strange issue with the colormap:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibfsvbyag7ttrdj/Olei.cfg?dl=0

Edited by Gameslinx

So in trying to start up my little youtube series again I downloaded this mod (along with plenty of others) to give me planets to explore.

Ive been modding KSP forever, and I got all the planets to show up, but I am having all manner of different and terrible problems I am hoping others have had, so that I can find a resolution. I have eve and scatterer and planetshine on here as well. If anything is needed to provide assistance (say game data folder pictures, screenshots and the like) just let me know. I think the planets in this pack are terrific! just wanna make sure I can actually perform missions for my series (the kerb-x interplanetary space program) as I make sure everything in my videos actually works.

If with help I can get this stuff running id love to feature these planets on my next missions! of course if there are any highlights on these planets youd like to see shown just give me a heads up! 

The issues I am having are as follows, as stated before I can record these if needed. I will attempt a fresh install later tonight but until then:

its been about 3 weeks in the game, and I returned to the KSC to find it under the ocean........rather down in there too.

when visiting several of gaia's moons, time warp seemed to suddenly modify my trajectory, making it impossible to both use timewarp and accurately set a landing zone.

Also, the moon with the lava caused my ship to explode the instant it touched the ground, despite zero heat prior to touching down. no I did not land on the lava lol

Quarta looks fine up close but the horizon chops into a million ribbons of nonsense

the clouds seem to be playing havoc with the lighting. my ship is crazy dark with a lit ring that follows it, I did not install lights on board. the ring disappears when not under the clouds