[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

On 7/21/2017 at 3:42 PM, Gameslinx said:

Hey all! GPO has updated to 2.4. 

Before the changelog, I MUST stress that GFI was completely removed from the planets to fix contract progression, however be ready for some crafts to switch around their orbits and whatnot.

IMPORTANT - ALL GFI VALUES HAVE BEEN REMOVED. CRAFTS MAY JUMP AROUND - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

• Olu'um now emits light

• Olu'um classed as a T-Dwarf "star"

• Olu'um radius adjusted to match KSP scale, but proportionally reflects real world dwarf stars

• Olu'um ACCRETION DISK REMOVED - I didn't want to do this but there are many bugs with Instantiator. Sorry guys

• Olu'um temperature curve improved. You will overheat at Verdina's periapsis, making it a more dangerous rocky world.

• Olu'um scatterer configs removed

• Olu'um sunflare and coronas added

• Telos colourmap changes, and it is now tidally locked to Olu'um

• Updated Kopernicus by two versions

• Added Veronica's Flight Recorder to GameData > Olei. It's an easter egg so get looking!

• "Removed the Krake--[-]"

Will Olu'um's ignition throw all my stuff around again like the timey-wimey space asteroid?

11 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

This mod has done enough of that already.

agree

(The mini-body idea didn't work anyway :P )

1 hour ago, Update Guy said:

Will Olu'um's ignition throw all my stuff around again like the timey-wimey space asteroid?

Unfortunately it may.

I removed all entries for GFI values to fix contract progression (seems to have worked as the Olu'um contract pops up a lot later), which will cause this.

Definitely not happening again because I hate doing it.

11 hours ago, Galileo said:

It's still a kopernicus issue. Until we get a new version of Kopernicus, expect the bug.

For what it's worth New Horizons loads up and plays fine - this is a different issue than the pathing problem with Linux/Kopernicus.  The pathing bug can be worked around by loading up the game from within the KSP_Linux folder.  This one is specific to GPO - spamming NullRefs from the StarLightSwitcher function, Main Menu loads up fine but crash happens when KSC tries to load on starting a new game or loading a save.

1 hour ago, Jetski said:

For what it's worth New Horizons loads up and plays fine - this is a different issue than the pathing problem with Linux/Kopernicus.  The pathing bug can be worked around by loading up the game from within the KSP_Linux folder.  This one is specific to GPO - spamming NullRefs from the StarLightSwitcher function, Main Menu loads up fine but crash happens when KSC tries to load on starting a new game or loading a save.

Ah gotcha! Might be a missed case sensitive thing somewhere.

4 hours ago, Galileo said:

Ah gotcha! Might be a missed case sensitive thing somewhere.

Probably that. And this is why I hate Mac/Linux.

But yes @Jetski I'll sort out case sensitivity like I did last time. I probably got careless again!

I'm in america at the moment, so I'll start working on this in 7 days.

51 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

But yes @Jetski I'll sort out case sensitivity like I did last time. I probably got careless again!

Great, let me know if you need a Linux test on anything :) Happy to help any way I can.  This is a pack I'm super excited to play through - I only got a teaser few planets visited before 1.3 dropped and I became incompatible.  The art is awesome!

Edited by Jetski

1 hour ago, Jetski said:

Great, let me know if you need a Linux test on anything :) Happy to help any way I can.  This is a pack I'm super excited to play through - I only got a teaser few planets visited before 1.3 dropped and I became incompatible.  The art is awesome!

I'll do my best! :)

I'll probably send the edited configs over and if stuff goes wrong you can send the log over. Should be capitalisation issues. EVE might have had similar issues but I think I was more careful with the eve config capitalisation, as I edit the clouds in game.

3 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

From personal testing it works fine on Macs, but not sure about Linux

On 25.07.2017 at 1:12 AM, Gameslinx said:

I'll do my best! :)

I'll probably send the edited configs over and if stuff goes wrong you can send the log over. Should be capitalisation issues. EVE might have had similar issues but I think I was more careful with the eve config capitalisation, as I edit the clouds in game.

The New Star does not work correctly. Too strong glow and Drop Shadows at all. Time 3. 27 16 

28 minutes ago, Arthas_ImmortalDK said:

The New Star does not work correctly. Too strong glow and Drop Shadows at all. Time 3. 27 16 

I don't understand, sorry. It is supposed to glow that bright since you're extremely close in its system. What 'drop shadow' are you meaning? Sometimes I'm limited to Kopernicus and I can't do much, so I need more detail.

--->>Also you didn't update the mod properly. You need to delete ALL components of it before updating, which you is why you have an accretion disk. You will experience performance problems and huge output logs. I recommend updating properly and removing instantiator.<<---

@Gameslinx I think he means for you to dim Olu'um overall. Since it's nearly a failed star it probably shouldn't be so bright at the edge of its SOI (but I see your point. Controlling the brightness out there may be a feature of Kopernicus beyond your current knowledge)

Problems aside I <3 Olu'um Ignition with the disk. :) 

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

I don't understand, sorry. It is supposed to glow that bright since you're extremely close in its system. What 'drop shadow' are you meaning? Sometimes I'm limited to Kopernicus and I can't do much, so I need more detail.

--->>Also you didn't update the mod properly. You need to delete ALL components of it before updating, which you is why you have an accretion disk. You will experience performance problems and huge output logs. I recommend updating properly and removing instantiator.<<---

3. 27. 10 on Video Look light color!, and no light from a white star , And there are no shadows! Pink light on all sides! It started after the star update. What file is responsible for the star and disk? I can not delete the entire mod

32 minutes ago, Arthas_ImmortalDK said:

3. 27. 10 on Video Look light color!, and no light from a white star , And there are no shadows! Pink light on all sides! It started after the star update. What file is responsible for the star and disk? I can not delete the entire mod

That's just how star light works in KSP. Only the light from the star whose influence you are in will reach your ship. It does not work very well when you add stars because KSP itself doesn't support multiple stars.

Delete the INSTANTIATOR folder from your GameData to remove the disk and fix some of your problems. The rest of Gameslinx mod will work without it.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

32 minutes ago, Arthas_ImmortalDK said:

Disk: Instantiator. Delete that folder from GameData.

I can lower the ambient light (which explains pink on the back of spacecraft).

For 'shadows' you mean like God rays? Not possible for spacecraft, not a KSP feature

I'll dim the star a tad like @JadeOfMaar but just remember I'm trying to make the planet colours stand out and not look fully tinted pink or dull.

42 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Disk: Instantiator. Delete that folder from GameData.

I can lower the ambient light (which explains pink on the back of spacecraft).

For 'shadows' you mean like God rays? Not possible for spacecraft, not a KSP feature

I'll dim the star a tad like @JadeOfMaar but just remember I'm trying to make the planet colours stand out and not look fully tinted pink or dull.

Look 3 19 04 Video Distance between stars. Not from the red star, not from the white light to the ship does not pass, and the light from the pink is. It is necessary to reduce the range of the glow of the star and very much

2 hours ago, Arthas_ImmortalDK said:

Look 3 19 04 Video Distance between stars. Not from the red star, not from the white light to the ship does not pass, and the light from the pink is. It is necessary to reduce the range of the glow of the star and very much

Can't reduce the range the star 'lights up' other bodies. Bodies outside of Jool that orbit beyond Olu'um will unfortunately use Olu'um as the primary light source.

Kopernicus limitation.

@KillAshley could it be possible to add a 'mainSolarBody' to change which light source the planets use manually?

Edited by Gameslinx

33 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Can't reduce the range the star 'lights up' other bodies. Bodies outside of Jool that orbit beyond Olu'um will unfortunately use Olu'um as the primary light source.

Kopernicus limitation.

@KillAshley could it be possible to add a 'mainSolarBody' to change which light source the planets use manually?

Im delete INSTANTIATOR bat 

https://vk.com/club92069860?z=photo-92069860_456239326%2Falbum-92069860_00%2Frev

The object is in the shadow of the planet but the light from the violet star is shining all the way from all sides (the standard star does not have this)

27 minutes ago, Arthas_ImmortalDK said:

Why did the author make the Star if it works crookedly?

Because I want it that way?

There is a total of 1 issue and that's the lighting with other planets which is completely out of my control and why I tagged KillAshley, suggesting an improvement to how KSP/Kopernicus chooses star lighting.

Better return the old gas giant but make it with the current parameters and the scatterer bright

6 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Because I want it that way?

There is a total of 1 issue and that's the lighting with other planets which is completely out of my control and why I tagged KillAshley, suggesting an improvement to how KSP/Kopernicus chooses star lighting.

Better return the old gas giant but make it with the current parameters and the scatterer bright

14 minutes ago, Arthas_ImmortalDK said:

Short answer: no

Longer answer: nnoo

Proper explanation: I want Olu'um to look like a proper dwarf/failed/[...] star and this means having it emit light and heat and solar power, all of these affect gameplay.

The only other bug is with the accretion disk plugin, but i noticed it had errors before Olu'um was a star.