[1.4.3] Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul v3.4.0 [UPDATE IN PROGRESS]

Gameslinx

2 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Short answer: no

Longer answer: nnoo

Proper explanation: I want Olu'um to look like a proper dwarf/failed/[...] star and this means having it emit light and heat and solar power, all of these affect gameplay.

The only other bug is with the accretion disk plugin, but i noticed it had errors before Olu'um was a star.

By your logic, is the light of this star gonna go through the planet? And the ship?

1 hour ago, Arthas_ImmortalDK said:

By your logic, is the light of this star gonna go through the planet? And the ship?

Dude stop. It's Gameslinx's mod that he made in his free time and chose to share, free of charge, with this community. It's exclusively up to him how it is made. He's already said it's not going to change. If you keep annoying him, he could choose to stop developing this or pull it off the forums (I've seen this happen over less).

1 hour ago, Arthas_ImmortalDK said:

No no no, I don't think you understand (language barrier)

I can fix the ambient light to make it darker, but I truly depends on your GAMMA KSP setting.

Cheers @TheRagingIrishman :)

1 hour ago, KerbolExplorer said:

p.s im using the latest version

and i just did my first orbit

Welp I did my orbit, landed on all Gaia's moons and still didn't get it. Are you using 2.4 and did you update correctly (remove EVERY mod folder from this mod then reinstall?) :)

8 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Why is your Distant Object config still a separate download? :P Integrate it, Gameslinx. This disturbs me.

Shall do, I thought I included it. Perhaps not!

Cheers :)

6 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Welp I did my orbit, landed on all Gaia's moons and still didn't get it. Are you using 2.4 and did you update correctly (remove EVERY mod folder from this mod then reinstall?) :)

must be that i did´t remove everyting before install:/

8 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

@JadeOfMaar It isn't like I have anything better to do with my life at the moment :P

Ok, so I'm not crazy. You aren't getting contract issues now that you have removed the GFI? I tested your system a while back to confirm my suspicions, and without GFI and I had no issues. 

Edited by Galileo

32 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Ok, so I'm not crazy. You aren't getting contract issues now that you have removed the GFI? I tested your system a while back to confirm my suspicions, and without GFI and I had no issues. 

I didn't go that far into the career but after landing on Mun Minmus and Olei (the 3 moons of Gaia) I had no problems.

I think KerbolExplorer didn't overwrite files or updated correctly, hence why he had problems and we didn't.

I believe it is fixed :)

4 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

I didn't go that far into the career but after landing on Mun Minmus and Olei (the 3 moons of Gaia) I had no problems.

I think KerbolExplorer didn't overwrite files or updated correctly, hence why he had problems and we didn't.

I believe it is fixed :)

yup did exatly what @JadeOfMaar said

13 minutes ago, Wolves_Hero said:

Solar panel bug wrong direction toward Olu'um is 2nd sub-star not main sun, battery went died, I fixed retract solar then extend solar back to main sun.

rjHpKaD.png

Looks like a Kopernicus problemo, unless there's a way to adjust the solar power intensity in the config of the star.

I wish Kopernicus limited sunlight to the star's SOI...

(Sorry but it looks like I can't deal with this bug. Just be lucky you're getting the same amount of solar power, I guess!)

Sorry if this is answered somewhere in this thread but I extracted the game data file and noticed a lot of mods I already have installed like EVE, kopernicus, modular flight integrator, scatterer, texture replacer and module manager. So should I remove the ones I already have installed from my mods list, remove the ones I already have from this mods list or don't worry and it's all supposed to be like that and should work fine?

32 minutes ago, Spartankh said:

Sorry if this is answered somewhere in this thread but I extracted the game data file and noticed a lot of mods I already have installed like EVE, kopernicus, modular flight integrator, scatterer, texture replacer and module manager. So should I remove the ones I already have installed from my mods list, remove the ones I already have from this mods list or don't worry and it's all supposed to be like that and should work fine?

Remove what's already there or things will mess up!

Hey @Gameslinx, any chance of this becoming Linux compatible in the near future?  Last thing I want to do is hassle you, so I won't post about this again, but just know that some of us Linux folk would love to get out into your system.  I gave it a shot messing about with configs, and I can't figure it out.  Here's a snippet from ksp.log that I think is the problem:

Spoiler

[LOG 21:17:25.588] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/mk1PodCockpit/internal/mk1PodCockpit'
[LOG 21:17:25.596] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/mk2CockpitStandardInternal/internal/mk2CockpitStandardInternals'
[LOG 21:17:25.624] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Squad/Spaces/mk2InlineInternal/internal/mk2InlineInternal'
[LOG 21:17:25.656] Loading Systems: Elapsed time is 112.43s
[WRN 21:17:30.024] The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object '<null>') is missing!
[WRN 21:17:30.024] The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object '<null>') is missing!
[LOG 21:17:41.396] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'Injector' from assembly 'Kopernicus'
[LOG 21:17:41.427] [Kopernicus] ShaderLoader: Loading asset bundle at path /home/jetski/Games/KSP_linux/KSP_Data/../GameData/Kopernicus/Shaders/kopernicusshaders-linux.unity3d
[LOG 21:17:41.477] [Kopernicus] ShaderLoader: adding Kopernicus/Rings
[WRN 21:17:41.730] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:17:42.014] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:17:42.217] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:17:42.403] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:17:42.625] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:17:42.822] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:17:43.217] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:17:43.440] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:17:43.638] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:17:43.906] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:17:44.086] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:17:44.267] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[LOG 21:17:44.457] [Kopernicus] texture does not exist! /home/jetski/Games/KSP_linux/KSP_Data/../GameData/Olei/Textures/Biomes/Dread_Biome.dds
[WRN 21:17:44.686] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:17:46.555] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[LOG 21:17:46.564] [Kopernicus] texture does not exist! /home/jetski/Games/KSP_linux/KSP_Data/../GameData/Olei/Textures/Quarta_height.png
[WRN 21:17:46.751] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:17:48.790] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:17:51.131] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[LOG 21:17:51.480] [Kopernicus] texture does not exist! /home/jetski/Games/KSP_linux/KSP_Data/../GameData/Olei/Textures/Dreidos_color.dds
[WRN 21:17:51.523] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:17:52.508] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:17:54.252] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:17:56.262] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:17:59.888] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:18:02.826] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:18:04.381] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:18:06.205] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:18:08.636] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:18:10.317] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:18:12.430] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[LOG 21:18:12.810] [Kopernicus] texture does not exist! /home/jetski/Games/KSP_linux/KSP_Data/../GameData/Olei/Textures/Sonus_Color.dds
[WRN 21:18:13.012] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:18:14.642] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:18:15.605] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:18:17.550] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:18:19.023] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:18:21.689] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[LOG 21:18:24.736] [Kopernicus] texture does not exist! /home/jetski/Games/KSP_linux/KSP_Data/../GameData/Olei-Gaia/Textures/Gaia_Biome.dds
[WRN 21:18:24.838] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:18:26.151] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:18:31.289] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:18:35.517] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[WRN 21:18:37.516] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[EXC 21:18:39.840] Exception: "Dreidos" not found.
    Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node)
    Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds)
    Kopernicus.Parser.CreateObjectFromConfigNode[Loader] (.ConfigNode node, System.String configName, Boolean getChilds)
    Kopernicus.Injector.Awake ()
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(Int32)
    AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
    UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
[LOG 21:18:39.843] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'AtmosphereFixer' from assembly 'Kopernicus'
[LOG 21:18:40.967] [UIMasterController]: HideUI
[LOG 21:18:41.237] [Agent]: Found 19 agent mentality types
[LOG 21:18:41.247] [AgentList]: 27 agents parsed and loaded.
[LOG 21:18:41.570] [CelestialBody]: Kerbin's solar day length is 1d, 0h, 0m long. sidereal day length is 5h, 59m, 9s long
[LOG 21:18:42.546] [UIMasterController]: HideUI
[LOG 21:18:42.558] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From LOADING to MAINMENU =====================
[LOG 21:18:45.918] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'AtmosphereFixer' from assembly 'Kopernicus'
[LOG 21:18:45.919] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'RuntimeUtility' from assembly 'Kopernicus'
[LOG 21:18:45.921] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'StarLightSwitcher' from assembly 'Kopernicus'
[LOG 21:18:45.936] [UIMasterController]: ShowUI
[LOG 21:18:46.477] [GameParameters]: Loaded custom parameter class CommNetParams.
[LOG 21:18:46.478] [GameParameters]: Loaded custom parameter class AdvancedParams.
[WRN 21:18:46.521] DontDestroyOnLoad only work for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
[EXC 21:18:46.551] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.UpdateMenu ()
    Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.Start ()
[EXC 21:18:46.561] IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.Start ()
[LOG 21:18:46.562] [ModuleManager] Total loading Time = 191.850s
[EXC 21:18:46.579] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.LateUpdate ()
[ERR 21:18:46.936] Exception handling event onNewGameLevelLoadRequestWasSanctionedAndActioned in class RuntimeUtility:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.UpdateMenu () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.<Awake>b__1_0 (GameScenes scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[EXC 21:18:46.937] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.UpdateMenu ()
    Kopernicus.RuntimeUtility.<Awake>b__1_0 (GameScenes scene)
    EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    EventData`1:Fire(GameScenes)
    :MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
[LOG 21:18:46.943] [ApplicationLauncher] Awake False
[LOG 21:18:46.947] [ApplicationLauncher] SpawnSimpleLayout: VerticalTopDown
[LOG 21:18:46.983] [UiApp] Awake: MessageSystem
[LOG 21:18:46.985] [ApplicationLauncher] OnSceneLoadedGUIReady: scene MAINMENU ShouldBeVisible() True ShouldBeOnTop() True iIsPositionedAtTop True
[ERR 21:18:46.994] Exception handling event onLevelWasLoadedGUIReady in class <>c:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kopernicus.StarLightSwitcher+<>c.<Start>b__2_1 (GameScenes scene) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[EXC 21:18:46.995] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kopernicus.StarLightSwitcher+<>c.<Start>b__2_1 (GameScenes scene)
    EventData`1[GameScenes].Fire (GameScenes data)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    EventData`1:Fire(GameScenes)
    :MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
[EXC 21:18:46.996] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 21:18:47.027] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hope that spoiler isn't too long - if so I can post the whole thing on Dropbox.  the last NullRef spams forever to the end of the file. 

In game behavior is the same: when I start a new game it hangs on the black screen with the loading spinny planets icon.

Edited by Jetski

4 hours ago, Jetski said:

Hey @Gameslinx, any chance of this becoming Linux compatible in the near future?  Last thing I want to do is hassle you, so I won't post about this again, but just know that some of us Linux folk would love to get out into your system.  I gave it a shot messing about with configs, and I can't figure it out.  Here's a snippet from ksp.log that I think is the problem:

I'm still working on it, sorry:(

The log is useful though, Thanks!

Hi, I really like your MOD, but there is an issue I don't know how to fix it and I'm not sure did this happened on many people? When I install the MOD, my FPS gets drop so hard, in the base my fps only have 20FPS, and some times it drops to 10 or even lower. Do you have any suggestion to solve the problem? My computer is I7 6700K, NVIDIA GTX1080Ti, 32g DDR4. Please let me know. Thank you

30 minutes ago, 7thDragonii said:

Hi, I really like your MOD, but there is an issue I don't know how to fix it and I'm not sure did this happened on many people? When I install the MOD, my FPS gets drop so hard, in the base my fps only have 20FPS, and some times it drops to 10 or even lower. Do you have any suggestion to solve the problem? My computer is I7 6700K, NVIDIA GTX1080Ti, 32g DDR4. Please let me know. Thank you

I have an i7 4790k, GTX 1080, 16GB and i'm not getting this at all. Are you on windows? Can I have your output.log? Any other mods installed?

6 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

I have an i7 4790k, GTX 1080, 16GB and i'm not getting this at all. Are you on windows? Can I have your output.log? Any other mods installed?

Spoiler

Initialize engine version: 5.2.4f1 (98095704e6fe)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 9.0c [nvd3dum.dll 22.21.13.8476]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    Vendor:   NVIDIA
    VRAM:     3072 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps:     Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 INTZ=1 NULL=1 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: E:\Game\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading E:\Game\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: E:\Game\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\Launcher_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading E:\Game\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\Launcher_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: E:\Game\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\Launcher_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading E:\Game\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\Launcher_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: E:\Game\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading E:\Game\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: E:\Game\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading E:\Game\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: E:\Game\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\Launcher_Data\Managed\ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading E:\Game\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\Launcher_Data\Managed\ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: E:\Game\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading E:\Game\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: E:\Game\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading E:\Game\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: E:\Game\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\Launcher_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
- Completed reload, in  0.059 seconds
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1920x1080 60Hz; virtual: 3840x1207 at 0,0
<RI> Initialized touch support.

Platform assembly: E:\Game\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\Launcher_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: E:\Game\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\Launcher_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: E:\Game\Kerbal Space Program\Kerbal Space Program\Launcher_Data\Managed\Mono.Security.dll (this message is harmless)
Backup file overwritten

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

Local BuildID: 1804

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

ExecPath = E:/Game/Kerbal Space Program/Kerbal Space Program/Launcher_Data\../KSP_x64.exe

E5150 path: E:/Game/Kerbal Space Program/Kerbal Space Program/Launcher_Data\E5150.cfg.bak

Loading Settings...

Setting up 2 worker threads for Enlighten.
  Thread -> id: 1fa4 -> priority: 1 
  Thread -> id: 27fc -> priority: 1 
Last BuildID: 1804

NEEDS UPDATEFalse

Unloading 3 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
UnloadTime: 3.464882 ms

Unloading 44 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 1203.
Total: 1.195668 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.044198 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.019161 ms MarkObjects: 1.113401 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.018394 ms)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at AdvancedScreen.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Terrain detail now:     preset = High

AdvSettings: DONT_SHOW_LAUNCHER = False

AdvSettings: AMD_MODE = False

AdvSettings: NO_LOG_MODE = False

AdvSettings: FRAMELESS_WINDOW = False

AdvSettings: EXT_CHAR_MODE = False

AdvSettings: RUN_X64_PLAYER = True

Unloading 2 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
UnloadTime: 1.022193 ms

Unloading 150 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 514.
Total: 0.504837 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.021716 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.017117 ms MarkObjects: 0.318333 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.147159 ms)

Local BuildID: 1804

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

ExecPath = E:/Game/Kerbal Space Program/Kerbal Space Program/Launcher_Data\../KSP_x64.exe

Last BuildID: 1804

NEEDS UPDATEFalse

Arguments: 

Stats sent. Value: ENABLED

Edited by monstah
Hid log in spolier

Just now, Gameslinx said:

No, you need to send the file over so I get the entire log. Any other mods installed?

Do you have email or anything I can send you the file? Because the insert media doesn't work here I don't know. The MOD I've been installed is [ASET_Props-1.4], [Back_In_Black-0.1], [DockingPortAlignment-6.7.0], [KAX_v2.6.4], [KerbalGalaxy2_0.6], [OPT v2.0.1]