Make "Control from Here" action groupable

Hi.

Hard to make a short phrase that tell what I (We) want here.

When combining things with several "Control from here" the game will more often than not select the wrong (At the moment) one.

Example a lander with a command chair. Jeb gets in and the game think it's a rover. I have to reselect the probe core....again.

Not hard to do but if I could have a magic-button set in the VAB-SPH I would like that. I imagine several user might like it too.

Sometime combining lander cans in every darn direction you end up with strange re-entry angle when selecting retrograde.

I have designed things where the desired probe core is clipped or in a service bay and clicking the part is dificult. Again annoying.

Thanks for reading.

Great game.

ME

I agree. It doesn't happen often, but I have run into a few situations in which I needed to be able to quickly set "control from here" on a hard-to-reach part, and it would have saved me some headaches if I'd been able to set that to an action group. 

20 hours ago, Martian Emigrant said:

Hi.

Hard to make a short phrase that tell what I (We) want here.

When combining things with several "Control from here" the game will more often than not select the wrong (At the moment) one.

Example a lander with a command chair. Jeb gets in and the game think it's a rover. I have to reselect the probe core....again.

Not hard to do but if I could have a magic-button set in the VAB-SPH I would like that. I imagine several user might like it too.

Sometime combining lander cans in every darn direction you end up with strange re-entry angle when selecting retrograde.

I have designed things where the desired probe core is clipped or in a service bay and clicking the part is dificult. Again annoying.

Thanks for reading.

Great game.

ME

Would be nice if editor would show us arrows where is top/bottom using selected control part.

2 hours ago, Darnok said:

Would be nice if editor would show us arrows where is top/bottom using selected control part.

Yes, yes, yes.

I am always careful due to errors in the past....But.

Having labels on the probe cores that says "This side up" and "This side forward" would be nice.

ME

On 1/30/2017 at 5:49 AM, Martian Emigrant said:

Having labels on the probe cores that says "This side up" and "This side forward" would be nice.

1 hour ago, Lunar Sea said:

This, all of this, the arrows and everything - stat!

Yes please.  And clearer than on the Decouplers.  Am I the only one that has a hard time telling which direction those fuzzy arrows point?

1 hour ago, HalcyonSon said:

Yes please.  And clearer than on the Decouplers.  Am I the only one that has a hard time telling which direction those fuzzy arrows point?

No.

No, you are not.

My video card can't keep up so I have reduced it's work load. I can't tell it's an harrow at all any more.

ME

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.