[1.2.2] E.T. - Extreme Textures (RSS)

ufindbatman

57 minutes ago, ufindbatman said:

Yeah, that's what I made it for. Your set-up is really strong so you will still have a lot of wiggle room, but don't worry, I'll take care of that and get your pc melting in no time. In the next few updates I'll add a little more things to eat at your gpu. :)

Ohh, well in that case I'll be back when you're 1.2.2. I deleted my 1.1.3 install the second it wasn't the latest version. :(

Edit: Is this bundled with the clouds and EVE and Scatterer and everything? I've had horrible luck installing most visual mods on RSS, so it'd be nice if i could just move a few things into my GameData without having to change any files. :)

Edited by VenomousRequiem

10 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Ohh, well in that case I'll be back when you're 1.2.2. I deleted my 1.1.3 install the second it wasn't the latest version. :(

Edit: Is this bundled with the clouds and EVE and Scatterer and everything? I've had horrible luck installing most visual mods on RSS, so it'd be nice if i could just move a few things into my GameData without having to change any files. :)

It's got everything, I understand how people can get messed up with all the "go here, go there, download this, then that ,NOT THAT!". So I bundled it all up. Just shift the folders in and you're good to go.

Edit: Forgot to say, I will try to get 1.2.2 out as soon as possible. I'm at my brothers place until next week, then I'll start on it. Shouldn't take long.

Edited by ufindbatman

1 hour ago, rsparkyc said:

Anything we as a community can do to help you get this working on 1.2.2?

I really appreciate your comment, it's nice to hear an offer for help. I will set up my pc today at my brothers, and start working on it now rather than next week. I'll see if I can get that 1.2 update running for you. Cheers.

Edited by ufindbatman

Just now, ufindbatman said:

I really appreciate your comment, it's nice to hear an offer for help. I will set up my pc today at my brothers, and start working on it now rather than next week. I'll see if I can get that 1.2 update running for you.

I'm on a macbook pro, and have no idea how well this would run, but would love to test it out with my RO/RP-0 setup

3 hours ago, rsparkyc said:

I'm on a macbook pro, and have no idea how well this would run, but would love to test it out with my RO/RP-0 setup

OOOOOhhhhh Boy oh boy. I think your pc power will be lacking. You can't stroll up to E.T. with a macbook mate, what do you think this is, A GAME!!!. You can try it, but I won't be surprised if I hear screams of agony coming from a pc, somewhere in distant lands. But what do I know (sips tea) I don't have a macbook. I'm working on a lighter version as well. If you can't run ultra, shift down, if you can't run that, you'll have to look at RSSVE. Cheers.

2 hours ago, rsparkyc said:

Yep, I had a feeling that was going to be the case.  I do have 16 gigs of RAM, and my video card is an AMD Radeon R9 M370X, though I have no idea how that compares to other cards.

The AMD Radeon R9 M370X  is a nice card that will play most games smoothly, but may not be so nice for E.T.

20 hours ago, ufindbatman said:

Absolutely, that card is top dog. I can run this on a 970 no problem (less than the 1060) so your 1070 will be the bees knees.

Thank you. I just read the thread again on my computer (not tablet) and realized you were running it on a GTX 970. It's been a while since I played - I quit due to the memory restriction causing crashes after around 1,000 hours of playing. I keep looking to see if all the realism mods I had been using have been updated before coming back to the game. This mod is absolutely stunning and is exactly the type of thing I'm looking for!

Edited by stocks_and_blondes

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2017 at 4:20 AM, Radix said:

Can't wait to see this updated to 1.2.2 :)

Is there any estimated time for the update?

On 2/15/2017 at 0:33 PM, VenomousRequiem said:

On 2/23/2017 at 11:26 PM, horace said:

faster plsss Download

the 1.2.2

im waiting

too long 

UPDATED: Here's the link for 1.2.2 update (built on top of rssve), I added twinkling 32k city night lights which kick in around 160km, I also added some height to the auroras (still need work). I sold my pc a little while back and am in the middle of building another, so thanks for being patient, however if there are problems I most likely won't be able to help until I get my parts. Cheers

Edited by ufindbatman

3 hours ago, ufindbatman said:

UPDATED: Here's the link for 1.2.2 update (built on top of rssve), I added twinkling 32k city night lights which kick in around 160km, I also added some height to the auroras (still need work). I sold my pc a little while back and am in the middle of building another, so thanks for being patient, however if there are problems I most likely won't be able to help until I get my parts. Cheers

A gigabyte of visual mod... Sign me up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/02/2017 at 3:01 PM, hellblazer said:

RVE, E.T. - Extreme Textures, Planetshine, Gemfx/Sweetfx, Ambient Light Adjustment, Distant Object, Engine Light, EVE, Texture Replacer (Proots), and scatterer. (might have missed a couple)

I was under the impression GemFX worked only on 32 bit versions of games, hence why I didn't bother trying to use on KSP. Am I wrong? Cos I can't for a second imagine you used 32bit version of KSP with this texture mod, lol. So what's the trick? Also, I've noticed there's not a single star in your screenshots. Is it a side-effect of GemFX or are you using a pitch black version of the sky?

@ufindbatman ty very much for this mod, I was looking for something like this for a long time. Two questions tho: In orbit, looking at Earth, its lovely and I have over 100fps, but when I'm on the surface it drops down to 10-15 fps. Normal? Or is it Scatterer doing that? And two, In orbit I have clouds and looks great, but on re-entry I don't have a single cloud, all the way to the ground I don't go through any clouds like we do on RVE. Normal?

Here's one of my videos using your texture mod:

I followed the installation steps to the letter, twice.

3 hours ago, JeeF said:

I was under the impression GemFX worked only on 32 bit versions of games, hence why I didn't bother trying to use on KSP. Am I wrong? Cos I can't for a second imagine you used 32bit version of KSP with this texture mod, lol. So what's the trick? Also, I've noticed there's not a single star in your screenshots. Is it a side-effect of GemFX or are you using a pitch black version of the sky?

@ufindbatman ty very much for this mod, I was looking for something like this for a long time. Two questions tho: In orbit, looking at Earth, its lovely and I have over 100fps, but when I'm on the surface it drops down to 10-15 fps. Normal? Or is it Scatterer doing that? And two, In orbit I have clouds and looks great, but on re-entry I don't have a single cloud, all the way to the ground I don't go through any clouds like we do on RVE. Normal?

Here's one of my videos using your texture mod:

I followed the installation steps to the letter, twice.

Cheers, I love seeing videos. Gemfx works with 64bit, there is a version with a menu for adjustments, which includes the option of applying gemfx to a 64bit game. It requires a lot of fiddling around to get it looking good, it does darken the blacks and brighten the whites so some stars tend to disappear into the inky black, while other stars can really pop, gleaming white. I'm not a fan of gemfx at the moment, at least not until I mess with it to get it looking more suited with e.t., it seems to be something more suited to making videos.

As for the clouds, the fps drop can be normal depending on your system specs, mainly your cpu. Especially at launch where the physics calculations are all kicking in. I'm guessing the rocket in your vid is around 200+ parts, for my old system I was getting 17 fps at launch with that number of parts, rising maybe 10fps-15fps max after uninstalling mods. RSS, EVE, and scatterer all contribute to the fps drop. Also that 17 fps on the launch pad would slowly increase as I got higher in altitude.(higher altitude = less gravity pull and aerodynamics = less intensive physics calculations on every ship part = more fps) Ksp relies heavily on cpu single thread performance, using very little of the gpu (because of the unity engine) A hyper threading, multi core, cpu beast doesn't really help much when it comes to ksp, which is why I can get away with adding such high res textures having little effect on fps. So what's your specs? Also I removed cloud volume for now, as EVE is heavy (another 3-4fps drop) when it comes to making clouds fluffy to fly through, so what you experienced on re-entry is normal. I will add them back soon, but I'm waiting on my ddr4 ram to be delivered for my new pc build (I have no gaming pc until then).

Hope that helps answer your questions. Also post your specs so I can tell you if it truly is normal, and feel free to ask anything else you want to know. Cheers.

21 minutes ago, ufindbatman said:

Cheers, I love seeing videos.

Glad you enjoyed! That took 3 long and painful days to edit, zillion little cuts in Vegas, which kept crashing on me due to the 500+GB video parts I've recorded. Hoping to never go through that again, lol.

Gemfx works with 64bit, there is a version with a menu for adjustments, which includes the option of applying gemfx to a 64bit game. It requires a lot of fiddling around to get it looking good, it does darken the blacks and brighten the whites so some stars tend to disappear into the inky black, while other stars can really pop, gleaming white. I'm not a fan of gemfx at the moment, at least not until I mess with it to get it looking more suited with e.t., it seems to be something more suited to making videos.

Interesting... I'll have a look. Ty for the info!

I'm guessing the rocket in your vid is around 200+ parts, for my old system I was getting 17 fps at launch with that number of parts, rising maybe 10fps-15fps max after uninstalling mods. 

It's 97 actually, I was using SSTU, which in my opinion is the most useful mod ever created for KSP, at least until part count stops being a problem. Just imagine, that Saturn V had basically every single component it should have in terms of realism, and yet only 97 parts. I could probably build one with less than 80, if I remove some unnecessary bits.

RSS, EVE, and scatterer all contribute to the fps drop. Also that 17 fps on the launch pad would slowly increase as I got higher in altitude.(higher altitude = less gravity pull and aerodynamics = less intensive physics calculations on every ship part = more fps) Ksp relies heavily on cpu single thread performance, using very little of the gpu (because of the unity engine) A hyper threading, multi core, cpu beast doesn't really help much when it comes to ksp, which is why I can get away with adding such high res textures having little effect on fps.

The reason I ask is I was getting around the same amount of fps (100 in orbit, 100 at the surface, at 5760x1080 resolution) with pure RSS and no graphical mod. I can't remember how much I was getting with RVE cos I haven't used in a while, but I know for sure it was well above 40. 

So what's your specs?

i7 4790k @4.7GHZ, GTX 1070, 16gb ram, SSD for KSP, around 100 mods @12gb ram usage, triple screen at 5760x1080 resolution. FPS was above 100 up till I installed your mod. To be honest I don't feel like its the texture size that is causing such a big fps hit, I have a feeling it has something to do with scatterer, I need to fiddle around with the settings a bit to find out if I'm right.

Also I removed cloud volume for now, as EVE is heavy (another 3-4fps drop) when it comes to making clouds fluffy to fly through, so what you experienced on re-entry is normal. I will add them back soon, but I'm waiting on my ddr4 ram to be delivered for my new pc build (I have no gaming pc until then).

Would love to have cloud volume back, I find it one of the most immersive features of any visual enhancement mods for KSP, specially for airplane building/testing. I mostly do rockets, but every now and then I do a few sessions involving only airplanes and those volumetric clouds are a must then. I don't really need insanely high fps, anywhere above 30 during launches and I'm a happy bunny. I'm trying my best not to change textures to half in the game options cos once I'm in space FPS is really not a problem and I like having all that shiny and crispy craft/part textures

Hope that helps answer your questions. Also post your specs so I can tell you if it truly is normal, and feel free to ask anything else you want to know. Cheers.

Above in orange. Thank you for taking the time to write a comprehensive post, I really admire that, instead of the usual tl;dr.

Edited by JeeF

2 minutes ago, JeeF said:

Above in orange.

Ahhh wow, your system is great then. Yep, your fps should be booming, especially with only 97 parts, that's amazing. You could delete the EVE or E.T.O folder to run it with scatterer, no clouds or ground textures, or try removing the scatterer folder and use only the big boy textures. It will look ugly, but for fps testing it will be great, especially for me, I wanna know what's going on now. If you do mess around I'd love to hear your results. I can't really fix cloud issues until my pc parts arrive, I made the 1.2 update semi blind, as I sold my gaming pc and only have a mid level laptop at the moment. 

Thank you for taking the time to write a comprehensive post, I really admire that, instead of the usual tl;dr.

No problemo amigo, if it makes me seem any cooler, I woke up at 4am in the middle of cyclone debbie to answer your question. Tossing in my sleep I woke up yelling "SOMEONE NEEDS ME!!" I then rushed to my lappy top and went to gmail for my ksp notification. I saw it... "MY BOY JeeF NEEDS HELP!!!" I whispered quietly. Over powering my first thing in the morning session of mastu... stretching. yoga. I logged into the forums to answer your question. Bashing the keyboard and studying your issue for probably no less than 3 hours, maybe even 5 hours cause I'm a proper good person. I came up with that answer. I'm glad I satisfied your needs. (NOTE: story may have some minor exaggerations)

4 hours ago, ufindbatman said:

Ahhh wow, your system is great then. Yep, your fps should be booming, especially with only 97 parts, that's amazing.

Actually I gave you false information. 97 parts is shown counting all the endless cameras and launch towers I have.

The Saturn V itself is 49 parts. Yes, 49 parts to do everything you saw in the video. You should definitely give SSTU a try.

And there were a few redundant and unnecessary parts. I bet I can do a full Saturn V mission to the moon and back, exactly like the real thing, with as little as 30 parts.

You could delete the EVE or E.T.O folder to run it with scatterer, no clouds or ground textures, or try removing the scatterer folder and use only the big boy textures. It will look ugly, but for fps testing it will be great, especially for me, I wanna know what's going on now. If you do mess around I'd love to hear your results. I can't really fix cloud issues until my pc parts arrive, I made the 1.2 update semi blind, as I sold my gaming pc and only have a mid level laptop at the moment. 

Tried removing one by one and mixing and yeah it is your textures. Gotta find a way around it. Was I supposed to remove the RSS-Textures folder?

What FPS numbers are you getting with your own mod during launch of a vehicle around 50 parts? Also, what FPS are you getting overlooking KSC, without entering any buildings?

No problemo amigo, if it makes me seem any cooler, I woke up at 4am in the middle of cyclone debbie to answer your question. Tossing in my sleep I woke up yelling "SOMEONE NEEDS ME!!" I then rushed to my lappy top and went to gmail for my ksp notification. I saw it... "MY BOY JeeF NEEDS HELP!!!" I whispered quietly. Over powering my first thing in the morning session of mastu... stretching. yoga. I logged into the forums to answer your question. Bashing the keyboard and studying your issue for probably no less than 3 hours, maybe even 5 hours cause I'm a proper good person. I came up with that answer. I'm glad I satisfied your needs. (NOTE: story may have some minor exaggerations)

Oh god I didn't need that mental image...

6 hours ago, JeeF said:

Actually I gave you false information. 97 parts is shown counting all the endless cameras and launch towers I have.

The Saturn V itself is 49 parts. Yes, 49 parts to do everything you saw in the video. You should definitely give SSTU a try.

And there were a few redundant and unnecessary parts. I bet I can do a full Saturn V mission to the moon and back, exactly like the real thing, with as little as 30 parts.

Wow, that's amazing. I will definitely check it out when I get my last parts for the build. Good news is, my parts are arriving early, within the next two days. Yaaay.

Tried removing one by one and mixing and yeah it is your textures. Gotta find a way around it. Was I supposed to remove the RSS-Textures folder?

Nope, you keep the RSS-Textures folder. Thanks for the info, it may be something to do with the new twinkling lights as that's the only thing I've really added in 1.2.2. I'll have to look into it.

What FPS numbers are you getting with your own mod during launch of a vehicle around 50 parts? Also, what FPS are you getting overlooking KSC, without entering any buildings?

In the corner of the vid below it shows what I get with a 50-70 part rocket. It's in the 1.1.3 update and with my old pc (i5 4460, gtx 970, 16gb ram, win 7) but the 1.2.2 update should be not much different fps wise. My new set-up is an i5 6600k, 16gb ram, gtx 1070, with win 10, So it should be very similar in performance to your set-up. Like I said above, my last part (ddr4 ram) will be arriving within the next two days, then I will be able to help you out properly. Right now all I have is a medium laptop which can't run my mod, so I can't really test fps.

Oh god I didn't need that mental image...

I beg to differ.

Edit: note that the video above was on a single 1080p monitor, recorded with shadow play, max settings, fps lock at 60, physics delta time set to around 0.05. Cheers.

Edited by ufindbatman