[1.2.2] E.T. - Extreme Textures (RSS)

ufindbatman

On 30.01.2017 at 11:00 PM, ufindbatman said:

You will also need at least 8GB worth of PC Ram to run the game but I'd recommend around 12GB, I have 16GB, but had 8GB not too long ago and it ran fine.

8 G ram is not inaff to run, i just take pack & try to run after game load only on main menu game was hit ~7.6 G real use & ~8 G virtual (swap) what was make me to end task game. BUT most important thing it sems to be something bad with some file
E.T.O\Textures\Large\EarthColor.dds => Photoshop instant crash
E.T.O\Cubemaps\Earth\ all dds make => Photoshop instant crash

10800 x 10800 texture for actual KSP unity engine is overkill & very bad combo special with RSS :) i seen already all your pack is ment & suppose to work ONLY with DX11 & up because DX9 limitation but this it will cause a lot problem from unity engine :wink: Glad to see a visual pack with texture cubemap system but i think it will be better to limit on max 8k rez & have a downscale rez to 4k (alternative) with will allow dx9 to be use. I suggest you to set like a WARNING in OP this it will work only with DX11 & up to prevent some future trouble :) at list for ppls who will read :)

below a detail specific what describe diference between all DX version:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff476876(v=vs.85).aspx
https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ImportingTextures.html

my hardware rig:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4)
RAM: 8153
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

back to dig in your file & see what you done there :) cheers

Edited by Blacks

I have no issues running this mod and 100 more [GameData folder is 11.5gb]. So if your PC doesn't run it...well it can't run it. Installing it incorrectly well that's a different animal all together haha

AO23s3p.jpg  400KM

SgKAnGT.jpg  9000KM

WUJUA0J.jpg  100 000KM

My gaming setup: 
Intel i7-6800K 3.4GhZ 
GPU: Nvidia 1070 
RAM: 32GB DDR4 
SSD: Intel 750 M.2 400GB (only KSP on it) 
MOBO: X99 
Monitor: Acer Predator XB1 w/ G-Sync 165Hz OC 

Thanks Jesse

46 minutes ago, hellblazer said:

I have no issues running this mod and 100 more [GameData folder is 11.5gb]. So if your PC doesn't run it...well it can't run it. Installing it incorrectly well that's a different animal all together haha

46 minutes ago, hellblazer said:

well is clear you was not read what i say exact at beginning :wink: aka read agen only this

1 hour ago, Blacks said:

8 G ram is not inaff to run

p.s. that not means i say pack is bad or is not functional :wink: but you need to read & pay attention at what someone say :) special i point at something important what it can help in future :wink:
cheers :wink:

23 minutes ago, Blacks said:

well is clear you was not read what i say exact at beginning :wink: aka read agen only this

p.s. that not means i say pack is bad or is not functional :wink: but you need to read & pay attention at what someone say :) special i point at something important what it can help in future :wink:
cheers :wink:

huh? I wasn't talking about you. Maybe you need to read and pay attention.

Very nice.. Well done.. starting to look like orbiter with distant views.

Not a biggie.. I noticed this circular line fill appears... in what I can see is in the transition zone between local and far views. It soon goes away though.

ClVg0Wh.jpg

But otherwise a very nice touch, and gives a great 'spaced out' feeling :D

GncLTdN.jpg

tm7hkYM.jpg

5YfiPkh.jpg

6 hours ago, hellblazer said:

AO23s3p.jpg  400KM

SgKAnGT.jpg  9000KM

WUJUA0J.jpg  100 000KM

My gaming setup: 
Intel i7-6800K 3.4GhZ 

Thanks Jesse

lovely shots @hellblazer !!! may I ask what visual mods are you running to get those astonishing views?

8 hours ago, Blacks said:

8 G ram is not inaff to run, i just take pack & try to run after game load only on main menu game was hit ~7.6 G real use & ~8 G virtual (swap) what was make me to end task game. BUT most important thing it sems to be something bad with some file
E.T.O\Textures\Large\EarthColor.dds => Photoshop instant crash
E.T.O\Cubemaps\Earth\ all dds make => Photoshop instant crash

10800 x 10800 texture for actual KSP unity engine is overkill & very bad combo special with RSS :) i seen already all your pack is ment & suppose to work ONLY with DX11 & up because DX9 limitation but this it will cause a lot problem from unity engine :wink: Glad to see a visual pack with texture cubemap system but i think it will be better to limit on max 8k rez & have a downscale rez to 4k (alternative) with will allow dx9 to be use. I suggest you to set like a WARNING in OP this it will work only with DX11 & up to prevent some future trouble :) at list for ppls who will read :)

below a detail specific what describe diference between all DX version:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff476876(v=vs.85).aspx
https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ImportingTextures.html

my hardware rig:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4)
RAM: 8153
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

back to dig in your file & see what you done there :) cheers

Thank you very much for this info, I have updated the OP with a warning. Sorry you had to be the crash test, it seems like your specs met all the requirements yet it was my fault for not listing them properly. I didn't realize people wouldn't be playing with Dx11 so I left that part out. 10800 x 10800 absolutely is overkill, my earth textures are 16200 x 16200 which is beyond overkill. This overhaul is not for an average pc, which I'm sure you already know, however I do have a med setting which uses textures 8k textures, but still has the same amount of detail (if not more than E.T.O). it has a bug, not a bad bug if you know your way around it. What I don't have is a 4k downscale of my med set-up. For something like that, you will need to find another visual mod as 8 x 4k is required for my med settings.

Also for texture problem, those are 16k x 16k .dds Dxt5 textures. I used an 84k image in photoshop, then had to cube-map it through blender, requires 16GB ram to run. Finished it off in gimp from .png to .dds conversion since I didn't have the .dds plugin for photoshop. The earthcolor.dds texture is 16 x 8k, also finished in gimp. Someone else messaged me about this problem as well, If the textures still work in game it's not too bad, if they don't, I better get working on a fix. I have already downloaded the E.T.O folder and can open all the textures in Gimp (with .dds plugin) Honestly I'm not sure what is happening. I will check it out with one of my testers and see if he can open them. Cheers.

2 hours ago, ColKlonk2 said:

Very nice.. Well done.. starting to look like orbiter with distant views.

Not a biggie.. I noticed this circular line fill appears... in what I can see is in the transition zone between local and far views. It soon goes away though.

Yeah that transition is not very nice, it happens between 160 - 170km. It's the transition into scaled space textures, it happens on stock ksp with clouds, however it's not very noticeable since you are increasing in altitude so quickly. In RSS you stay in the 160 - 170km zone for awhile so you notice it a lot. It's something I'm not quite sure how to fix.

Edited by ufindbatman

2 minutes ago, ufindbatman said:

Sorry you had to be the crash test

np is fine you not need to be sorry is a [WIP] project :) is Jeb fault like always :) for everything what it happen in KSP :)

I was play all this time with file from your pack & already resale 10800 & 16200 dds file to 8k (thx to an old dds aplication converter, adbobe photoshop was can't handle 16200 one to import) + was try to make work with KSP 1.2.2 with was create more mess but that because i like to test thing :). I undestend perfectly your goul is to create something very hardware demanding from beginning :) but i will say keep in mind Unity + DX it have a limit (that i was post link from microsoft & unity) & when i say it can create problem i mean special to Scatter & Eve was have a lot issue to make them work & still they have issue with DX11 & opengl (i not know all details about but, i know is very sensitive problem), same keep all project on 8k alternative it will allow more ppls to use aka more happy community :)

Layer MainClouds-Shadow & ScaledSpace in test what i done with 1.2.2 they are very unstable if i can say soo, personaly i will give up on them & try to ad more cloud volumetry. ScaledSpace if you real want to push earth texture higher better try to improve EarthColor.dds & EarthSurface.dds from RSS-Textures. Layer MainClouds-Mid it will be your main hard work to tune correct with damn 1.2.2

Good part is if more like you it get out & came with visual pack that it give more choice to take!!! :) looking forward to see how it will goo

my prediction in my case i will end to combine all visual pack & make my pc to explode :confused::cool: or ending after a wile cursing coz i not have inaff space on hdd coz i gather to many :D

Cheers

24 minutes ago, Blacks said:

np is fine you not need to be sorry is a [WIP] project :) is Jeb fault like always :) for everything what it happen in KSP :)

I was play all this time with file from your pack & already resale 10800 & 16200 dds file to 8k (thx to an old dds aplication converter, adbobe photoshop was can't handle 16200 one to import) + was try to make work with KSP 1.2.2 with was create more mess but that because i like to test thing :). I undestend perfectly your goul is to create something very hardware demanding from beginning :) but i will say keep in mind Unity + DX it have a limit (that i was post link from microsoft & unity) & when i say it can create problem i mean special to Scatter & Eve was have a lot issue to make them work & still they have issue with DX11 & opengl (i not know all details about but, i know is very sensitive problem), same keep all project on 8k alternative it will allow more ppls to use aka more happy community :)

Layer MainClouds-Shadow & ScaledSpace in test what i done with 1.2.2 they are very unstable if i can say soo, personaly i will give up on them & try to ad more cloud volumetry. ScaledSpace if you real want to push earth texture higher better try to improve EarthColor.dds & EarthSurface.dds from RSS-Textures. Layer MainClouds-Mid it will be your main hard work to tune correct with damn 1.2.2

Good part is if more like you it get out & came with visual pack that it give more choice to take!!! :) looking forward to see how it will goo

my prediction in my case i will end to combine all visual pack & make my pc to explode :confused::cool: or ending after a wile cursing coz i not have inaff space on hdd coz i gather to many :D

Cheers

"np is fine you not need to be sorry is a [WIP] project :) is Jeb fault like always :) for everything what it happen in KSP :)" Hahaha, Once again thank you for looking in to the problems with E.T.O. I will definitely look into your suggestions, and will work on getting a cube-mapped 8k version out. I have heard 1.2.2 is different, I haven't tried it yet. Cheers.

22 hours ago, alexus said:

editor

I do most of my editing in Gimp with the dds plugin. For more serious textures I use Photoshop, but I still save it as .png then finish and convert it to .dds in gimp. I don't have the dds plugin for Photoshop and I'm not sure how well it runs.

8 hours ago, ufindbatman said:

as .png then finish and convert it to .dds in gimp

for part with convert, rescale, scale to dds try this:

is a small app what it is very easy to use with fast result, for a more advance tolls what it allow to rescale, scale, convert picture, dds with out be in any editor search for Optimizer Textures (Ordenador) by AdPipino on nexusmods gaming community, ppls who play skyrim, witcher & other but love moding it know what i am speaking :) i was not post a direct link to site to not brake any rulls :P but google it will give easy what you need

On 2/4/2017 at 1:39 PM, hypervelocity said:

lovely shots @hellblazer !!! may I ask what visual mods are you running to get those astonishing views?

RVE, E.T. - Extreme Textures, Planetshine, Gemfx/Sweetfx, Ambient Light Adjustment, Distant Object, Engine Light, EVE, Texture Replacer (Proots), and scatterer. (might have missed a couple)

On 2/4/2017 at 2:18 PM, hellblazer said:

AO23s3p.jpg  400KM

SgKAnGT.jpg  9000KM

WUJUA0J.jpg  100 000KM

My gaming setup: 
Intel i7-6800K 3.4GhZ 

Thanks Jesse

That second image.. Hot Damn

On 2/7/2017 at 3:01 PM, hellblazer said:

RVE, E.T. - Extreme Textures, Planetshine, Gemfx/Sweetfx, Ambient Light Adjustment, Distant Object, Engine Light, EVE, Texture Replacer (Proots), and scatterer. (might have missed a couple)

Im assuming you're referring to the ''Engine Lighting'' mod when you say ''Engine Light''?

4 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Hello, ufindbatman. I know KSP is pretty easy to run, but this seems really something else entirely. I have an i5 6600k running at 3.8GHz and a GTX 1070 running at 2.0GHz with 16Gb of RAM. Do you think your mod will finally allow KSP to make a dent in my resources? :P 

Yeah, that's what I made it for. Your set-up is really strong so you will still have a lot of wiggle room, but don't worry, I'll take care of that and get your pc melting in no time. In the next few updates I'll add a little more things to eat at your gpu. :)