Your avatar and your username

munlander1

Slow Ninjas are the worst!

This was intentional. The first avatar conflicted with Squad's staff member avatar so they asked me to change it. Meantime I went through few iteration of the logo I wanted to use in the game and just came across some Half-Life news while browsing the web and it occurred to me that K lends itself perfectly to this style. So I made the logo my avatar too in the end. I hope Gabe is cool with this. I love HL. This is a tribute. I eventually changed the in-game logo to gray but I kept the avatar HL Orange.

Edited by Kerbital

My username is a abrevation from my RL nickname "Grizzly". I stick with it since my 16 for my look. Big heavyboned but somewhere goodminded if nobody awakes my rage:D And as i became active on Internet like forums or chats i did used "Urs" or "Ursus". The problem was this nick was mostly taken and so it mitigated for "Urses". Original meaning is from latin Urs= Bear and in Alemannian it describe somebody who is reliable or true. So i try to be it if i give my word.

And the Avatar is new for me(thanks to cratercracker) and is a combination of things that i like and my liveslogan.

Beareyes (Urs)

Tellumo (for KSP, Science and SciFi)

And H&H = Hard and Honest, look for a chalenge and try to master it with your knowledge and ability.

Urses

Edited by Urses

My avatar was a natural choice for someone with an odd sense of humour who was and still is wondering "who on earth thought up a toy that disturbing not to mention noisy and who in their right mind would BUY such an abomination?"

As for user name: Being interested in flight in general I chose LN as that's the letter designation for Norwegian aircrafts and 400 since my first proper rc helicopter was a 400 size.

Edited by LN400

My avatar is Ars sisters from Date a Live series. They are both AI (Artificial Intelligence) from an airborne mothership Fraxinus. I love their design and personality. Plus, I can make a lot of cool abbreviation from the word ARS that's related to space program:

ARS: Advanced Reconnaisance Satellite

ARS: Ascent Reaction Systems

ARS: All-purpose Reusable Spacecraft

ARS: Advanced Relay Satellite

ARS:Advanced rocket systems

ARS: Absurdly Robust (or reliable) Spacecraft

And of course...

ARS: Absolute Rocket Science!

etc.

Edited by ARS

My username was an obvious choice for me, as I use it for EVERYTHING. The only good thing to come out of my Xbox Live account. As for the avatar, I wanted to have something aquatic, and originally I had a one colour bland starfish flopped on the earth, but it wasn't obvious what it was. So I drew another, and it turned out a lot better. Thought some people think it is the kraken, it is actually an unfeasibly oversized irritated squid.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My avatar is of the real Hanson Kerman, and my username:

I always liked Andrew Hansen's YouTube channel, and KSP, so I decided my Scratch username would be HansonKerman, and this carried over to the forums, but I misspelled his last name, so my username ended up like this.

• 3 weeks later...

Username because KSP.

Avatar because of Frau Im Mond, a Fritz Lang movie which introduced multi stage rockets, countdowns, rolling rockets out to the pad, and using water for sound suppression. Hermann Oberth was the technical advisor, and it was banned in Germany during WWII because of similarities to the V2 project.

Username because I love cats, and space travel. My original name was KerbalManiac (but I changed it obviously)

The avatar was supposed to be a GIF of a cat flying through space, but froze when I was uploading it. 

On 4/21/2017 at 3:04 AM, ARS said:

My avatar is Ars sisters from Date a Live series. They are both AI (Artificial Intelligence) from an airborne mothership Fraxinus. I love their design and personality. Plus, I can make a lot of cool abbreviation from the word ARS that's related to space program:

ARS: Advanced Reconnaisance Satellite

ARS: Ascent Reaction Systems

ARS: All-purpose Reusable Spacecraft

ARS: Advanced Relay Satellite

ARS:Advanced rocket systems

ARS: Absurdly Reliable Spacecraft

And of course...

ARS: Absolute Rocket Science!

etc.

Wonder how your Kerbals get around the KSC when every building is named ARS.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.