munlander1

Your avatar and your username

91 posts in this topic

The name... honestly, there isn't a good reason. I picked it years ago in an effort to find a suitable random username for TF2, of all things, and it just sort of stuck.

The avatar... is a picture of the Stott Park bobbin mill steam engine. Why that one? Because A: I like the picture and B: I've been to Stott Park, and so have seen the engine in question in person.

Sure, it's a boring story. But so be it.

The 21st Space Wing... Yes, it's real. Albeit pretty unexciting. Interesting, though, that the US has a Space Command.

As for the name... It's a shortening of my real name...

8 minutes ago, Bill Phil said:

Interesting, though, that the US has a Space Command.

It's mainstream. Russia has Aerospace Forces.

My name is quite old, it's actually my friends that found it for some reason and my avatar is me wearing a gaz mask and a tank helmet

My user is a kerbalized combat engineer from RA3,My avatar is a servitor from destiny symbolizing the multirole manager that you have to be in ksp.(servitors fulfill many roles in destiny) 

KSK - short for Kerbin Shattering Kaboom.

Made up shortly after my first decently sized rocket got off the pad and probably best read in your finest Marvin the Martian voice:

"There was no kaboom. There was supposed to be a Kerbin shattering kaboom."

As for my avatar - well I wrote a short story about Jeb, Bill and Bob's first flight aboard the Kerbal 1 - their last ditch attempt at a sub-orbital rocket. Another forum-goer made a mission patch for a - completely unrelated - Kerbal 1 and was kind enough to let me use it for my avatar.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, KSK said:

Marvin the Martian... "Kerbin shattering kaboom."

Shouldn't that be "Danny2462 the Dunian" instead of Marvin? :D

1 person likes this

Spice and Wolf+Dead Holo meme=me

2 people like this

55 minutes ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Danny2462

Who is this person?

Love is in the air! Put on your gas masks! Be safe!

Valentines day is just a trick for people to buy useless crap, like you cant love eachother 24/356.

I have a very Kerbal-esque attitude about many things, as well as trademark styles. At least a few of my previous profile pictures have been Kerbals edited into various clothing.

My username I actually changed to this as a nickname I just so happened to pick up for my fashion sense and cowboy demeanor, as well as my fondness for country music. I am many faces to many different people, but Tex is who I am here.

Also it's pretty darn cool to have a nickname assigned to you.

My initials IRL, and
<<what I would kinda look like if I was a Kerbal.

Posted (edited)

Pluto and some things in Latin, respectively.

Edited by Adstriduum

its not rocket science. well maybe a little.

I use my avatar because I try to make my slef look somewhat smart, (but mostly becuase I didn't know what else to put there :P) and I use my username for most other games.

My nickname come from my dog(no, I'm not saying my dog told me to use "goldenpeach" :P )

She's a golden retriever(hence the "golden" part) and name "Peach"(hence the "peach" part).

I chose my avatar, a peregrine falcon, simply because it's my favorite animal.
(did you know they regularly reach speed above 360 km/h(223,7 mph or 100 m/s) during a dive? (the fastest recorded dive is about 389 km/h))

1 person likes this

I'm trying to turn my old avatar into a smiley, to keep the sal_vager homage, but I don't have a WACOM anymore and doing it with a mouse is aaaawful.

5 minutes ago, monstah said:

I'm trying to turn my old avatar into a smiley, to keep the sal_vager homage, but I don't have a WACOM anymore and doing it with a mouse is aaaawful.

I tried to add stuff to my avatar for a sal_vager homage, but I couldn't make it look any good.

My username is my YouTube username, which has several origin stories, depending on length. It came from a ridiculous way of solving math problems I made in third grade as a satire to the complicated ways we were taught in school. Whenever I do something in an overcomplicated manner, I call it "The Kosanian Method", which itself is a complicated word.

My avatar is my flag for my Kerbal Air Force, made in MS Paint.

Have I commented here yet? Well either way, 

My username comes from an- oh wait I have.

Well Avatar is for Sal. Decided to join the hype train and not hop off

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I was writing a regex on the day that I registered (no, I am by no means an expert on the subject). The image is just some cool spaceman picture from an album I listened to, used to be the O'Reilly owl from the cover of their regex book; I think this one suits me better.

Edited by regex
2 people like this

true true anyone can become an expert of whatever domain with enough daily pratice, well i guess it's called focus something and work enough

speaking of the one i use, i m no longer even sure what it mean, seem to be a lot and more like all and any

@Kerbital Is your avatar a Half-Life reference?

12 hours ago, cubinator said:

Yes! Ha ha ha! You're the first one to notice:)

HLlogo.jpg

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, cubinator said:

I've supposed so since I first saw it, and I like it :) (even if it's just a coincidence; it's nice)

1 hour ago, Kerbital said:

Yes! Ha ha ha! You're the first one to notice:)

Eh, I left the browser tab open and this reply only loaded after mine. I was slow-ninjad :(

1 person likes this