Project BABYLON: REBOOT!

Tada

10 minutes ago, TwinKerbal said:

Is this an open group project?  If so, can I join in for a mission?

--Thanks

If it isn't, then I did something really, really wrong. :D

I'm pretty sure you can join. AFAIK we need to build infrastructure in the Jool system for a future challenge. For now, it's like the Community Space Station (except we can do whatever we want as long as it's Jool related) and you can have the save after I'm done with it. I'm using it right now.

EDIT: reserve a spot on the calendar (link above). I am currently en route to Jool and have completed my course correction/plane change burn.

Edited by Ultimate Steve

Okay, I have finished! The zip file is in the drive folder. It should be the one labeled 3-13-17. I added two things in one launch: A medium sized base, as well as a nuclear tug capable of transporting 100 tons between Kerbin and Laythe (provided you can somehow refuel it).

Pictures:

Spoiler

Mg8HDFQ.png

Launch attempt number one. Didn't go very well, as you would imagine.

eUfRaYY.png

Launch attempt number three. Two got to 50km but S2 did not have enough thrust to reach orbit. Revisions included a more powerful second stage, moving the heat shields forwards, and more ladders (because I realized that currently you can't actually get into the base).

mBpKI0I.png

Going upwards.

NlfWkpk.png

Stage one (powered by 32 vectors) has been detached and stage two (powered by a rhino and three mainsails) has taken over. Laythe Outpost Nelson is now in orbit.

wjHuB3m.png

The escape burn.

ELMGtPW.png

Me showing off the cool blue light.

WBLnMy6.png

Midcourse plane change burn. Stage two has detached and has become the only piece of orbital debris on this mission. The reusable tug has two Sr. docking ports, one on each end (so it can be used both to push and to pull) and three normal sized ports, just in case you need them.

2f2u1M6.png

After that plane change burn and an RCS burn, this is my current trajectory: use Laythe for a gravity assist into Jool orbit.

*15 IRL minutes of time warping later*

oaaAomZ.png

Laythe gravity assist.

Yw6LSuq.png

Not shown: I do two more small burns. One, raise Jool periapsis to match Laythe's orbit. Two, do a 15m/s correction so I pass Laythe at 70km instead of hitting it at an 80 degree angle.

Also not shown: Laythe insertion burn.

RaxWMRs.png

This is the de-orbit burn. I targeted a medium sized island on the Jool side of Laythe.

s3HtcNk.png

After the de-orbit burn, the tug heads back to orbit.

nPpcmEk.png

The idea behind this system of entry is that the heat shields are not used for actual heat shielding, they just provide enough drag that I don't need any heat shields. They also keep the base facing the right direction.

SXh0E9J.png

At this point I realize I overshot and try opening up the cargo bays to get more drag.

C3yQySd.png

Heat shield detachment. There were three of them, mounted on three posts which also house the parachutes and retrorockets.

8VteEQY.png

The parachutes are out! I begin questioning if I will land on land or not.

Y9vLzg5.png

Getting close to the ground.

qRfTc5v.png

Note: I did not intend to land on a slope. Landing burn has started!

f5ZafVl.png

And, landed at Laythe! Now to show you the base!

Z561TRI.png

But first I detached the chutes and retrorockets. DESTROY THE LAG!

vPaWblV.png

It contains a small patio area, complete with a beach umbrella!

Stbr05o.png

It has four gigantor panels plus a radiator, and the largest relay antenna to help deal with the on-off nature of the current orbiting antenna (although in order to fully solve the problem we need another relay). You can't see, but there is also a science lab and ISRU equipment in the bays! All you have to do to refuel is drive right up to it and Klaw it! (I should add a Klaw rover sometime)

6JBN0JD.png

Laythe Outpost Nelson, along with its crew of ten!

Uul1NoZ.png

Oh yeah, and I also docked the nuclear tug to "Untitled Space Craft." If you need a tug, just steal borrow fuel from it and you'll be fine.

-Steve

That was fun! I'll definitely contribute again soon!

Edited by Ultimate Steve

Sorry for the triple post, but two things:

1. Does anyone still have the save file for Babylon: Derelict? It sounds interesting, as well as the idea for this sequel. But all of the links in the thread are broken, as far as I can tell.

2. I am beginning work on several other ships, to be launched when nobody is using the save.

Also, how did I do on the base? :D

Note: I do not wish to hog the save file.

Note 2: I do not wish to quadruple post.

Note 3: Nobody has taken the save file or posted here.

I now have the save again. I have three ships ready for launch right now: A battlecruiser (because space pirates), a set of two Laythe SSTO's (which can hold 9 Kerbals and make one way trips from Laythe to Vall) and a Vall base (so the SSTO's can refuel).

I'll post as soon as I'm done.

EDIT: double SSTO's and Vall base are on their way to Jool. The battlecruiser is giving me the most trouble. I tried launching it like a normal payload but it was too draggy and would snap the rocket in two. I am now attempting to launch it upside down slung underneath some gigantic boosters.

EDIT: I have completed my "turn." There is now a Vall base (Courageous) which can refuel my fleet of two spaceplanes (ARKANGEL, currently Klawed to "Untitled Space Craft" and Space Tug No. 1 and Glaive Lord, currently landed at the Laythe base. Both are identical and can transport 9 Kerbals between the Laythe and Vall bases if the ISRU capabilities are used). There is also a battlecruiser (PROTECTOR) in a high Laythe orbit, in case of space pirates (Or the Hanland corporation). There is another tug in Vall orbit now, but it is out of fuel and may be repurposed as the core of a Vall space station.

The newest save should be in the drive folder, the one marked 3-14-17. Wait a second... I just realized it's Pi day!

Pictures: (Imgur is being weird today.)

Spoiler

CZDr8hl.png

Launch of the Vall base.

u982WGh.png

It features full ISRU capability, space for eleven, a science lab, and really cool lights!

ifXFnuf.png

Boosters have detached, just the central rhino left now.

X0vpWhJ.png

Departing for Jool. Note the awesome lights (not all of them shown).

V6Jjgtr.png

A rather interesting lifter for the two spaceplanes. I was originally only going to send one, but I couldn't mount it like a normal payload because of the massive amount of drag it would cause. So, I put two of them on the side of a LF only tank (for the nuclear engines) and then stuck the lifter on top of that.

K1JKgnr.png

Closer view of the lifter being decoupled. Each spaceplane has two NERV engines, as well as four RAPIER's for atmospheric flight. They have full RCS systems, and a single Thud to be used for backing away from bases.

YYVwh4B.png

The original lifter for the battlecruiser. The battlecruiser uses wings and plates for armor, so it is REALLY draggy and I wasted an hour trying to get this lifter to work. Eventually, I gave up because it kept snapping in half. Then, I remembered what the Russians did with Polyus: They literally mounted the payload and insertion stage upside down and built the rocket beneath it. I mean, I changed it a bit, but the main payload still ended up being upside-down because the only good attachment point was at the back.

bnc4rO0.png

Surprisingly, this approach worked on the third try!

lswFNgh.png

The first of the three to arrive at Jool was the SSTO ship.

FQCGyVm.png

IIRC it had enough fuel to directly enter Laythe orbit without the use of gravity assists.

Jl5oDwm.png

Because I had fuel left over and these planes can't land with a full fuel load (or an empty fuel load, for that matter), I decided to dump it at Untitled Space Craft, the current orbital fuel depot.

ob2N03X.png

After the fuel is transferred I detach one of the spaceplanes and go down to Laythe Base Nelson.

HOVNzzA.png

More on how to fly these things later.

Su4Ia4U.png

And, landed! I Klawed to the base and refueled.

fVv5oRM.png

Next, Vall Base Courageous landed.

NU0SbWU.png

Space Tug No. 2 brought it most of the way down and is now returning to orbit.

WOKB11N.png

The LV-909 skycrane handles the last kilometer or so of the descent. It is then jettisoned.

KjOTq9G.png

Landed! If anyone out there decides to bring one of the spaceplanes here, I suggest Klawing to the side with the unobstructed battery. I think that is the ISRU side.

dAAOeMB.png

The Protector is now in High Laythe Orbit, having utilized a Laythe gravity assist to avoid running out of fuel. It currently has 2km/s out of a maximum of 2.5. It is armed with twelve armor piercing missiles and has a crew of three on board. There is also four one man escape pods.

And it should come in handy for storyline reasons in the next custom scenario challenge!

Okay, now the important stuff;

Flight manual - Arkangel/Glaive Lord SSTO's.

Action groups: 1 toggles RAPIER's. 2 switches RAPIER mode. 3 toggles the LV-N's.

Other utilities: Full probe control, an RTG, full RCS control, a KLAW, a reverse thrust Thud for use on the surface, lots of ladders, two air brakes, and seats for 9.

Range: If you are a skilled pilot, you can (on a full fuel load) take off from Laythe and go to Vall and refuel and come back to Laythe.

Warnings:

Do not attempt to land with an empty fuel load. The forward 2.5 to 1.25 meter adapter must have at least 200 units of fuel in it for the plane to be stable.

Do not attempt to land on Laythe with a full fuel load. This will result in minimum glide speeds of 180 meters per second. It will be extremely difficult to land like this.

Do not attempt to re-enter Laythe's atmosphere from anywhere other than low Laythe orbit. This will result in the Klaw and the Airbrakes overheating and exploding.

When taking off from Laythe with a full fuel load, retract the larger set of rear landing gear and lower the smaller set. This will allow for a shorter takeoff distance.

When you are landing on Laythe, spinning around like a madman is normal. I mean, it may look dangerous, but I consider it a feature!

Ascent profile from Laythe: unklaw from base and use the Thud for one second to push back from the base. Steer east. Raise the larger set of rear landing gear and lower the small ones to create a larger angle of incidence. Go to full throttle on the Rapier's, using closed cycle for a few seconds may be necessary. Climb at 20 to 30 degrees and start gaining speed. You should be able to get your AP into space on the Rapier's alone. Use Rapiers in closed cycle mode to circularize. If rendezvousing (hey, I managed to spell that right!) then go to the space station without a care in the world. If going to Vall, burn to a Vall intercept using the LV-N's, saving some oxidizer for Vall landing.

If something really bad has happened and you need to get to Kerbin right away, quickly fly to Untitled Space Craft and fill up your Liquid Fuel tanks leaving the oxidizer tanks empty. Transfer to Kerbin and pump all fuel backwards so you go backwards on Re-entry. Burn all of your fuel to go as slow as possible relative to Kerbin, wait out re-entry and bail out into the ocean.

@Tada, can we get a list of stuff we need?

Just for a start:

More stuff on Laythe
Smaller outposts on each of the Joolian Moons
Full Comms coverage (to start, 3 sats in high Laythe Orbit)
A refueler SSTO
Rename Untitled Space Craft because it is an orbital storage site at this point

Anyone else want to go before I get more ideas and go three times in a row? :D

Edited by Ultimate Steve

21 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Note: I do not wish to hog the save file.

Note 2: I do not wish to quadruple post.

Note 3: Nobody has taken the save file or posted here.

I now have the save again. I have three ships ready for launch right now: A battlecruiser (because space pirates), a set of two Laythe SSTO's (which can hold 9 Kerbals and make one way trips from Laythe to Vall) and a Vall base (so the SSTO's can refuel).

I'll post as soon as I'm done.

EDIT: double SSTO's and Vall base are on their way to Jool. The battlecruiser is giving me the most trouble. I tried launching it like a normal payload but it was too draggy and would snap the rocket in two. I am now attempting to launch it upside down slung underneath some gigantic boosters.

EDIT: I have completed my "turn." There is now a Vall base (Courageous) which can refuel my fleet of two spaceplanes (ARKANGEL, currently Klawed to "Untitled Space Craft" and Space Tug No. 1 and Glaive Lord, currently landed at the Laythe base. Both are identical and can transport 9 Kerbals between the Laythe and Vall bases if the ISRU capabilities are used). There is also a battlecruiser (PROTECTOR) in a high Laythe orbit, in case of space pirates (Or the Hanland corporation). There is another tug in Vall orbit now, but it is out of fuel and may be repurposed as the core of a Vall space station.

The newest save should be in the drive folder, the one marked 3-14-17. Wait a second... I just realized it's Pi day!

Pictures: (Imgur is being weird today.)

Reveal hidden contents

CZDr8hl.png

Launch of the Vall base.

u982WGh.png

It features full ISRU capability, space for eleven, a science lab, and really cool lights!

ifXFnuf.png

Boosters have detached, just the central rhino left now.

X0vpWhJ.png

Departing for Jool. Note the awesome lights (not all of them shown).

V6Jjgtr.png

A rather interesting lifter for the two spaceplanes. I was originally only going to send one, but I couldn't mount it like a normal payload because of the massive amount of drag it would cause. So, I put two of them on the side of a LF only tank (for the nuclear engines) and then stuck the lifter on top of that.

K1JKgnr.png

Closer view of the lifter being decoupled. Each spaceplane has two NERV engines, as well as four RAPIER's for atmospheric flight. They have full RCS systems, and a single Thud to be used for backing away from bases.

YYVwh4B.png

The original lifter for the battlecruiser. The battlecruiser uses wings and plates for armor, so it is REALLY draggy and I wasted an hour trying to get this lifter to work. Eventually, I gave up because it kept snapping in half. Then, I remembered what the Russians did with Polyus: They literally mounted the payload and insertion stage upside down and built the rocket beneath it. I mean, I changed it a bit, but the main payload still ended up being upside-down because the only good attachment point was at the back.

bnc4rO0.png

Surprisingly, this approach worked on the third try!

lswFNgh.png

The first of the three to arrive at Jool was the SSTO ship.

FQCGyVm.png

IIRC it had enough fuel to directly enter Laythe orbit without the use of gravity assists.

Jl5oDwm.png

Because I had fuel left over and these planes can't land with a full fuel load (or an empty fuel load, for that matter), I decided to dump it at Untitled Space Craft, the current orbital fuel depot.

ob2N03X.png

After the fuel is transferred I detach one of the spaceplanes and go down to Laythe Base Nelson.

HOVNzzA.png

More on how to fly these things later.

Su4Ia4U.png

And, landed! I Klawed to the base and refueled.

fVv5oRM.png

Next, Vall Base Courageous landed.

NU0SbWU.png

Space Tug No. 2 brought it most of the way down and is now returning to orbit.

WOKB11N.png

The LV-909 skycrane handles the last kilometer or so of the descent. It is then jettisoned.

KjOTq9G.png

Landed! If anyone out there decides to bring one of the spaceplanes here, I suggest Klawing to the side with the unobstructed battery. I think that is the ISRU side.

dAAOeMB.png

The Protector is now in High Laythe Orbit, having utilized a Laythe gravity assist to avoid running out of fuel. It currently has 2km/s out of a maximum of 2.5. It is armed with twelve armor piercing missiles and has a crew of three on board. There is also four one man escape pods.

And it should come in handy for storyline reasons in the next custom scenario challenge!

Okay, now the important stuff;

Flight manual - Arkangel/Glaive Lord SSTO's.

Action groups: 1 toggles RAPIER's. 2 switches RAPIER mode. 3 toggles the LV-N's.

Other utilities: Full probe control, an RTG, full RCS control, a KLAW, a reverse thrust Thud for use on the surface, lots of ladders, two air brakes, and seats for 9.

Range: If you are a skilled pilot, you can (on a full fuel load) take off from Laythe and go to Vall and refuel and come back to Laythe.

Warnings:

Do not attempt to land with an empty fuel load. The forward 2.5 to 1.25 meter adapter must have at least 200 units of fuel in it for the plane to be stable.

Do not attempt to land on Laythe with a full fuel load. This will result in minimum glide speeds of 180 meters per second. It will be extremely difficult to land like this.

Do not attempt to re-enter Laythe's atmosphere from anywhere other than low Laythe orbit. This will result in the Klaw and the Airbrakes overheating and exploding.

When taking off from Laythe with a full fuel load, retract the larger set of rear landing gear and lower the smaller set. This will allow for a shorter takeoff distance.

When you are landing on Laythe, spinning around like a madman is normal. I mean, it may look dangerous, but I consider it a feature!

Ascent profile from Laythe: unklaw from base and use the Thud for one second to push back from the base. Steer east. Raise the larger set of rear landing gear and lower the small ones to create a larger angle of incidence. Go to full throttle on the Rapier's, using closed cycle for a few seconds may be necessary. Climb at 20 to 30 degrees and start gaining speed. You should be able to get your AP into space on the Rapier's alone. Use Rapiers in closed cycle mode to circularize. If rendezvousing (hey, I managed to spell that right!) then go to the space station without a care in the world. If going to Vall, burn to a Vall intercept using the LV-N's, saving some oxidizer for Vall landing.

If something really bad has happened and you need to get to Kerbin right away, quickly fly to Untitled Space Craft and fill up your Liquid Fuel tanks leaving the oxidizer tanks empty. Transfer to Kerbin and pump all fuel backwards so you go backwards on Re-entry. Burn all of your fuel to go as slow as possible relative to Kerbin, wait out re-entry and bail out into the ocean.

@Tada, can we get a list of stuff we need?

Just for a start:

More stuff on Laythe
Smaller outposts on each of the Joolian Moons
Full Comms coverage (to start, 3 sats in high Laythe Orbit)
A refueler SSTO
Rename Untitled Space Craft because it is an orbital storage site at this point

Anyone else want to go before I get more ideas and go three times in a row? :D

Can I take March 25-26?

I'll put some SSTOs on Laythe and a battlecruiser (because space police)

4 hours ago, TwinKerbal said:

Can I take March 25-26?

I'll put some SSTOs on Laythe and a battlecruiser (because space police)

As far as I know, March 25-26 are free, so reserve a spot on the thread's calendar (I think it is on the previous page).

P.S. When I said (because space pirates) I meant "in case of" not "we are pirates." Just in case you had it mixed up. :D

Well, the more stuff around Laythe, the merrier!

I'm going to go back to designing stuff for this. What I plan on doing is designing a whole bunch of ships and then when nobody has the save, I'll copy them over to the save and launch them all.

EDIT: I think I got a little carried away designing a Laythe Space Station. (The station is around 200 parts - and the lifter is 600)

Edited by Ultimate Steve

@Ultimate Steve Happy to see you getting use out of Untitled Space Craft. Feel free to rename it by the way, I was just being silly- the first craft in any endeavor for me is named Untitled Space Craft. I really like the base! Mind leaving one as a ship in the VAB? I've also tried contacting @Tada also, but haven't heard back. We may be on our own for now!

For those just joining in, welcome onboard! This challenge/mission is mostly an exercise in random creativity at the moment. Everyone's welcome to join in and when we finish adding things and are happy with it (might be a while), we'll roll the save file into some future challenge(s). At least that's my interpretation of it! Feel free to use whatever you find out there and add stuff freely to the ever mounting collection. If you don't have anything in mind, I'm a fan of @Ultimate Steve's list of ideas a couple posts up. Here's the links for the calendar and the save file. To use them, just reserve a time on the calendar (even right now is fine!) grab the save, have fun making things and write back over the save when you're done. Good luck and have fun!

Project Babylon Reboot Save File Repository 
  Calendar.

Edited by Cunjo Carl

I SCORED A DATE!!!! WOOT!

The issue is that I don't exactly have time to launch the micro refineries :/. If someone could send them to laythe would thank you almost as much as the girl who would go on a date with me.  They are currently glued to a copy of the vall refinery launcher, but you can stick something else on if you want.

Calendar. 

Hello, Ladies and Gents :D

I would like to join this community project and would love to know what you would like from me! :cool:

I am not the best rocketry pilot but I am a "decent" builder, so I can help with the builds :D

1 hour ago, Rath said:

The issue is that I don't exactly have time to launch the micro refineries :/. If someone could send them to laythe would thank you almost as much as the girl who would go on a date with me.  They are currently glued to a copy of the vall refinery launcher, but you can stick something else on if you want.

Calendar. 

Congrats! :D

Cya :P 

4 hours ago, Rath said:

Congrats! :D

4 hours ago, Rath said:

The issue is that I don't exactly have time to launch the micro refineries.

That's al right, they'll get done!

4 hours ago, Rath said:

They are currently glued to a copy of the vall refinery launcher,

Yay! Someone stole used my design!

2 hours ago, KenjiKrafts said:

Hello, Ladies and Gents :D

I would like to join this community project and would love to know what you would like from me! :cool:

I am not the best rocketry pilot but I am a "decent" builder, so I can help with the builds :D

Hello, @KenjiKrafts! Of course you can join! If you're more on the building side, you can go ahead and build a bunch of stuff and save it, then upload the save file for someone else to launch it.

What would we like from you? Well, I compiled a bit of a list last night, but this is by no means the final list, just a template, you can add whatever you think Laythe needs!

Spoiler

Kerbin

• Network of 3 Keostationary Comsats
  • Orbiting fuel depot at about 250km
  • Orbiting station at 100km

Jool

• 3 large relay satellites at the SOI edge (or at least beyond Pol) with the largest dish
  • Stations? Not really necessary, but I think one below Laythe, one small outpost at 201km, and one in a polar orbit (for science) would do well

Laythe

• Multiple bases all over the place
  • A floating base?
  • A lot of SSTOs
  • High orbit relays
  • More battleships to fend off space pirates
  • 3-5 stations in various orbits (one for fuel, one for being a generic station, one that is huge and looks awesome (I am building this one), one for science, etc.)
  • A modular base somewhere
  • A working stock crane
  • Boats and submarines (I am designing a sub right now)
  • Rovers
  • A big colony ship somewhere down the line

Vall

• A generic station (with landers attached)
  • Another base maybe? (I know that BABYLON is about Laythe, but I think any colonization effort should attempt to explore nearby bodies)
  • Relays
  • Rovers

Tylo

• Another generic station
  • Reusable landers
  • Maybe a small base (I know bases on Tylo are notoriously difficult)
  • Some rovers at the said base
  • Relays as per usual

Bop and Pol

• Stations for each (not necessary but they look cool)
  • A small base for each (if for nothing else than ISRU)
  • Small RCS or Ion hoppers at the base (think Emiko Station Doodlebug)
  • With the relays we would have at this point (Coverage around Laythe and Jool SOI edge relays) we do not need Bop or Pol relays
  • BOP ONLY: A base by the Kraken.

So, near term, @KenjiKrafts you can reserve a spot on the calendar (as I look, right now is even fine) and you can build whatever you want and launch whatever you want. I think I'll take the save after you are done, so if there is anything you can't launch I'd be happy to do it for you!

P.S. We need to set a standard time zone for the calendar. It might get confusing without one.

@Rath 'Grats! Are flowers still in vogue?
  A few of your microrefineries should fill up the next haul, they'll be in Laythe orbit on landers soon.

@KenjiKrafts Ooh! Comsats and Scansats are the order of the moment.   @HobbitJack's network is a solid start, but (as always happens) we've got a few gaps to fill, especially if we're gonna put some smaller goodies on other Joolean satellites. For the comsats, a handful of  Communotron 88-88s in addition to the relay antenna really help boost the up-range, if you can toss in a few with an action group for opening. For scansats, a rovemate probe core and a  M700 Survey Scanner will (apparently) detect anomalies with 100% efficiency in polar orbit. Let's find those ore-fields and monoliths! If you're feeling more artful, we could always use another land-base for Laythe (20-85ton) or one for Tylo (10-20ton) with a return craft for its kerbal.

@Jeb federation Mind tossing your builder trucks into the main file, or perhaps send a link? They look super neat.

Ah, Sniped! :D

Edited by Cunjo Carl
Fixing the flag for HobbitJack

2 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

So, near term, @KenjiKrafts you can reserve a spot on the calendar (as I look, right now is even fine) and you can build whatever you want and launch whatever you want. I think I'll take the save after you are done, so if there is anything you can't launch I'd be happy to do it for you!

P.S. We need to set a standard time zone for the calendar. It might get confusing without one.

Sorry to be a stick in the mud but can you elaborate on the reservation part of the quote :D

Also GMT is probably the most generic time zone to use.

Thanks btw and I am starting on the fuel depot now :D

3 minutes ago, Cunjo Carl said:

A few of your microrefineries should fill up the next haul, they'll be in Laythe orbit on landers soon.

@KenjiKrafts Ooh! Comsats and Scansats are the order of the moment.   @HobbitJack's network is a solid start, but (as always happens) we've got a few gaps to fill, especially if we're gonna put some smaller goodies on other Joolean satellites. For the comsats, a handful of  Communotron 88-88s in addition to the relay antenna really help boost the up-range, if you can toss in a few with an action group for opening. For scansats, a rovemate probe core and a  M700 Survey Scanner will (apparently) detect anomalies with 100% efficiency in polar orbit. Let's find those ore-fields and monoliths! If you're feeling more artful, we could always use another land-base for Laythe (20-85ton) or one for Tylo (10-20ton) with a return craft for its kerbal.

@Jeb federation Mind tossing your builder trucks into the main file, or perhaps send a link? They look super neat.

ComSat's and ScanSat's ay?

How many you thinking? 5 of each? 

After fueling station it's the next order of business! :cool: 

4 minutes ago, KenjiKrafts said:

Sorry to be a stick in the mud but can you elaborate on the reservation part of the quote :D

Also GMT is probably the most generic time zone to use.

Thanks btw and I am starting on the fuel depot now :D

Yeah, GMT sounds okay!

Calendar.  As far as I know, click on a spot, enter the times and "event title" and you're good to go!

32 minutes ago, Cunjo Carl said:

Sorry @Cunjo Carl I got a busy week and won't be around internet for the next few days but I'll try to fix the crane so it won't pop out of its hinge in that amount of time. I will also try to get a Dropbox account and send you the link.

Edited by Jeb federation

UPDATE! Your Refuel Center is now in a SO (Stable Orbit) here are the results, I set out to impress, and therefore would be appropriate to give the honest reviews and opinions !:D 

Pics&GIFS! :cool:

In Orbit : https://gyazo.com/6cc642b5d1720d0f8ddbebee20e68cb2 :cool: 

More Orbit : https://gyazo.com/7b32725db7cfa8887f5b8aa629150953 :cool: 

Realizing How Crap I Am At Rocketry : https://gyazo.com/daea657685f2a5bcffb725a5eb6e9f70 :cool: 

2 hours ago, KenjiKrafts said:

UPDATE! Your Refuel Center is now in a SO (Stable Orbit) here are the results, I set out to impress, and therefore would be appropriate to give the honest reviews and opinions !:D 

Yay, it's in orbit!

It may not be an, uh, *ideal* orbit...

Regrettably I will have to delay my turn, stuff came up... not as ideal as @Rath's current scenario...

I'll do it when I can. Teaser of Laythe Station Brotoro:

AO1lkSs.png

200 part station, 600 part lifter. Two huge nuclear stages, a Rhino stage, and three massive boosters. The boosters are of the "HYPE MK1" model, designed to be a practical massive strap on booster. In total, the first stage has 140 vectors...

If anyone wants it, I have a space probe that could be used for surface scan and as a relay. It doesn't have a rover core...yet. If anyone wants it I can add the rovermate probe core and upload it by the end of next week.

20 minutes ago, 53miner53 said:

If anyone wants it, I have a space probe that could be used for surface scan and as a relay. It doesn't have a rover core...yet. If anyone wants it I can add the rovermate probe core and upload it by the end of next week.

Oh, sweet saves me time :D

I can take it under my wing :D

Send it to me :cool: 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4VfTCvq4M80Z0ItXzByTVZWeDA?usp=sharing

Here is your save, three new crafts. Add them to your VAB part of the .craft folder :cool: 

"EkkoStar XXIII SatCom" - You can guess what that is.

"TeleStar XII ScanSat" - Again feel free to guess.

"Ragnarok" - Orbital Refuel Station over Kerbin. 

Edit: I stopped being a lazy love and uploaded a whole folder.

Edited by KenjiKrafts
I stopped being a lazy love and uploaded a whole folder.

Hauled out a constellation of 6 each of @KenjiKrafts's commsats and scansats, and one of @53miner53's station cores. I've given them their proper names and (since the mission had extra deltaV) put them in a high Laythe orbit to help keep the LKO clutter to a minimum. I also put them on chemical rocket tugs to make plane changes / transfers less painfully slow than on ions. They're all unfurled and ready to go, but they're all in the same orbit right now, so they'll need to be moved to whereever folk want them... and activated in the case of the scansats.

I finally got to bring out @53miner53's station core! It's been a while :lol:.

Oh, incidentally, any of those earlier "Xfer Goodies" ships in LKO can be used (they have things on them and lots of com equipment), or removed if they're bogging people's processors.

This was a good haul! The new save has been uploaded to the repository.

Pics:

Spoiler

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

10c.jpg

11c.jpg

I'll haul out the next batch of stuff the next time my queue is full. Just let me know!

Edited by Cunjo Carl

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.