Game inputs fail when sending Kerbal on EVA

I'm running into a very frustrating issue with my current game, namely that whenever I send a Kerbal on EVA, the game refuses to accept any more inputs to control that Kerbal (can't let go of the ship, reboard it, or switch focus to the ship and back) and I can't quicksave, quickload, or use the Esc menu. Most other game controls seem to work just fine like camera positioning and the various buttons in the menu sidebar, but I have absolutely no way to end the EVA or return to a previous save so the only way to get out of the situation is to Alt-F4 to close the game.

Searching hasn't resulted in any obvious fixes, or even other people experiencing similar problems, so I'm hoping someone who has seen this before can give me some direction on how to fix the problem.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a very similar issue; when I go EVA, everything is fine unless I pull out a flag. In that case, it explodes, and none of the controls work at all, aside from the map.

I went to the map, switched to a different vessel and then back again, and I could move fine, but the gravity seemed to be ridiculously high; I was on Minmus, but my jetpack wouldn't lift me off, and even jumping got me barely an inch off the surface. Could this be related?

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.