Imgur KSP downvotes understanding

MikeZDB

Hi people, i have a question that makes me feeling a little alone....all my KSP "mission reports" posted in Imgur have negative votes for the comunity.....i dont know why (Gaming tag).

All my proyects are in spanish language, 'cose im spanish (from Spain) and i think its the language problem cose i posted it in spanish, but i really didnt know why a lot of votes are downvotes.....its trolling comunity? didnt like KSP? dont like my projects? im so embarrassed about that......i dont know why im doing wrong or it is normal that behavior.

Here are an example with no reasons downvotes, and even being in English......

If anyone can help to understand that i will grateful, thanks!

Imgur is a meme thing. Is your rocket thing a meme ? No, then people downvote: they don't care about whatever you did in KSP, they just want to laugh at stock images with some generic random text added.

If you want to show your KSP missions to people who actually care, just forget about the downvotes and post them on the forums or Reddit.

As a matter of fact, just forget about up- or downvotes generally, you'll be better. If someone wants to give feedback on something, a bit is not enough.

Edited by Gaarst

Imgur definitely is not the place to post that kind of stuff. People aren't looking to see KSP related things on there. They just don't care. It's like going to a web site for snakes and posting a bunch of pics of your dog.. it's not the right demographic.

Just make everything private on Imgur and share it in places that people will appreciate it like the forums or Reddit.

Also, don't worry about getting likes or upvotes or kudos or whatever. It's not important. They are just fake points that get you nothing in life and will be forgotten in 5 minutes anyway. If your pics make you happy, that's all that matters.

The internet has turned into a popularity contest and it's sad that current and future generations think it matters.. maybe I'm just getting old (28) but I just don't see why people stress about getting "likes"

Edited by Galileo

Ohh, im understand now, thank you a lot! Im dont worry about the down or up votes, i just wanted to understand the way to Imgur works, and with your explanations are understood.

Im a adult person not-internet addict hahaha, so only im "worried" about that level of trolling that im didnt understand.....im being worked in my projects and love off "rat kids" :cool:.

Thanks!

47 minutes ago, Cydonian Monk said:

I agree with the above - just ignore the "social" parts of Imgur

I agree too and i had ignore all lovely "rat kids".....hahaha :wink:

27 minutes ago, WinkAllKerb'' said:

20 year ago

.......oh, you say that....i will quote you like..."but thats 20 year ago...." :) Lovely days.......

it's like alladvantage(whatever paid to surf 20 15 years ago, referal system, mouse and keyboard emulator ((insert some even probably made a lego tek surfer emulator)) and etc.) and you tube & etc. add system ^^ somehow ^^ thing just change time to time

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

@NorthernDevo Thanks mate! Hope almost KSP lovers like it..... hahaha :)

@HebaruSan You can see all my actual project (Kerbal Space History Program) in the link of mi signature in this forum (sorry, all the project are in mi language, Spanish):

ksp_lo10.png KSC PRESENTA: LA HISTORIA ESPACIAL KERBAL!

Thank you all for the nice coments!

Edited by MikeZDB

I love it when I see a KSP image appear in imgur's usersub and I always upvote, but usually my upvote just makes the post slightly less downvoted. 
I never bother posting my images to the public gallery on imgur, I just use it to host images to post on here & KerbalX.

On 2/3/2017 at 2:00 PM, Gaarst said:

Imgur is a meme thing. Is your rocket thing a meme ? No, then people downvote: they don't care about whatever you did in KSP, they just want to laugh at stock images with some generic random text added.

If you want to show your KSP missions to people who actually care, just forget about the downvotes and post them on the forums or Reddit.

As a matter of fact, just forget about up- or downvotes generally, you'll be better. If someone wants to give feedback on something, a bit is not enough.

I clicked like... then I facepalmed. 

The only KSP pic I posted publically on Imgur is one of my Duna City pictures:

http://imgur.com/gallery/mcMtIUW

It's sitting in the positive zone (+7) but I think it has a lot to do with simplicity and artistic value.  Most people who see it don't play KSP, and won't understand the intricasies they may see... but something like geodesic domes, interesting architecture, etc, adds a bit of value to the non-KSP players, I believe.

However, for the most part, memes are the popular ones on Imgur.  Anything else will be extremely hard-pressed to get too high in the ratings.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.