Community Mods and Plugins Library

Gaarst

8 hours ago, maculator said:

If someone is trying to get his hands on

The download links in the thread are dead, this is the correct one:

https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/hgr-1-875m-parts/files

Maybe add this to the description of HGR?

I've added the link to the old downloads in the HGR Community Fixes entry.

8 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I'd like to humbly request this be renamed to Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul. It collides very easily with Galileo's Planet Pack when called by its initials. It is also in fact an overhaul as it modifies some stock worlds.

Thanks for making me notice the name change, I've changed it.

On 3.2.2017 at 11:24 PM, Gaarst said:
  • [1.2.2] JSI Advanced Transparent Pods, by JPLRepo - This mod contains a Part Module that allows Part Transparency (ability to see inside the parts to the IVAs) in the editor and in flight.
  • [1.2.2] Kermantech MK3 IVA, by luizopiloto - A Kerbal Space Program mod with an improved IVA for the stock MK3 Shuttle Cockpit.
  • [1.2.2] JSI Advanced Transparent Pods, by JPLRepo - This mod contains a Part Module that allows Part Transparency (ability to see inside the parts to the IVAs) in the editor and in flight.

I wonder wich JSI I should get ...

On 03/05/2017 at 6:42 AM, Benjamin Kerman said:

@Gaarst I humbly request LPS's description to be changed to "Adds new hybrid boosters, giant tanks lengths, and radial-adapting engines to reduce part counts." 

Thanks!

No problem, I changed it!

1 hour ago, maculator said:

I wonder wich JSI I should get ...

If you want my personal opinion, the first one is much better than the other one. To be honest, I don't think the second one deserves a spot on this list, hence: removed! :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Please add this alongside OhioBob's Eve Optimized Engines:

For the brave foolish who try flying around Eve, or other worlds in planet packs that might have fire in the air. Great for GregroxMun's Alien Space Programs too.

So I had to reinstall KSP and had to go and hunt down this beauty again:

Thanks to @AlexSheFF It has also a KSPedia version available (wich is the best thing ever invented)

You can download it here. Place it anywhere in Gamedata folder.

I think this should be listed here too.

cheers

On 5/13/2017 at 9:56 PM, electricpants said:

@Gaarst, I think To Boldly Go should be moved to the external software section, because it generates the stars/planets/moons with an external .exe file.

I did not know that, thanks for informing us.  It still might be better to leave it where it is but make note of it on the description line. 

On 5/14/2017 at 8:21 PM, Gordon Fecyk said:

For the brave foolish who try flying around Eve, or other worlds in planet packs that might have fire in the air. Great for GregroxMun's Alien Space Programs too.

When Gaarst is finished with finals this semester the Community Library will be updated and your mod will be added in :wink:

On 5/16/2017 at 0:41 PM, maculator said:

Thanks to @AlexSheFF It has also a KSPedia version available (wich is the best thing ever invented)

cheers

You have raised a good point @maculator, even though this isn't a mod it should be easier to find.  I know that there are other deltaV maps for other mods out there too.  It might be good to add in a new category called Detla V Maps or even better, make it more broad in scope like Helpful Player Tools.  I know I have a couple external resources I use for mission planning.  I'll cobble something together and see what Gaarst has to say when hes back.

Edited by CarnageINC

On 5/18/2017 at 10:45 AM, CarnageINC said:

You have raised a good point @maculator, even though this isn't a mod it should be easier to find.  I know that there are other deltaV maps for other mods out there too.  It might be good to add in a new category called Detla V Maps or even better, make it more broad in scope like Helpful Player Tools.  I know I have a couple external resources I use for mission planning.  I'll cobble something together and see what Gaarst has to say when hes back.

I'd suggest something like "additional in-game documentation" for those that actually provide kspedia or via other in-game interface
imho should be kept separate to distinguish apart from external resources (how-tos, tables, charts, calculators) that aren't built into the game itself.
The two can grouped together as sibling subcategories under a common info/documentation/tutorial heading.

11 minutes ago, cake>pie said:

I'd suggest something like "additional in-game documentation" for those that actually provide kspedia or via other in-game interface
imho should be kept separate to distinguish apart from external resources (how-tos, tables, charts, calculators) that aren't built into the game itself.
The two can grouped together as sibling subcategories under a common info/documentation/tutorial heading.

That actually is a better title cake>pie :wink:  I'll probably get on this closer to the first.  I've got a few tables, charts and a calculator or 2 already bookmarked.  If anyone has any suggestions to this new category for the Community Library, please PM with those so I can get a comprehensive collection together. 

I'm back, and coincidentally 1.3 is out!

We'll first wrap things up with 1.2.x (pushing Carnage's latest additions, and take care of the few requests above, I'll do all that tomorrow) before worrying with 1.3. I've written a small note about the library and the update to 1.3 at the top of the library, copied below:

IMPORTANT: 1.3 is out but the list is not updated yet, and will not be updated every 10 mins to follow the mods releases. Please be patient and wait for the modders to update, and then for us to update as well. If you want to have the latest updates in real-time, I suggest looking at CKAN or Add-on Version Checker which are updated automatically. We will add 1.3 tags to updated mods, and when enough of them are updated, we'll start moving mods still in 1.2.x to the outdated section.

1.3 will take some time to move to, and there may be some changes to the list (now's the time), but nothing definitive yet. We'll try to keep the list updated as regularly as we can, so please bear with us!

Edited by Gaarst

1.3 ... Here come the changes - and the "why isn't this updated yet" people who never seem to read the stickied posts, nor the first page and last couple of pages in threads.

I feel for the moderators and the authors.

10 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

1.3 ... Here come the changes - and the "why isn't this updated yet" people who never seem to read the stickied posts, nor the first page and last couple of pages in threads.

You're quite correct, its always a period of questions and impatience with each update, we'll all have our work loads increased for a bit.  Hopefully 1.3 will be kinder to the community modders than previous versions have! :P

Edited by CarnageINC

10 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

Posts like this are just as bad...

6 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

Expressing sympathy is bad? Is it bad to be calling attention to this so maybe someone might NOT post a "is it ready yet" message? Sorry, I don't see it your way.

Posts like that are viewed as a passive aggressive way of saying "is it ready yet".  The rules say you can't ask for updates so instead people post complaints about people who might ask for updates (even though none have been made) as a way to call attention to the fact that there is a game update and they want the mod (or in this case list) updated.  You may not be doing that, but people do.

@Gaarst Yo, Gaarst! I am creating a translated version of your awesome page in Russian community branch.
The plan is not to translate the whole list, but rather do a few picks which is known to/used by Russian players and then link to this thread for more. This would at least be helpful to those, who are "held hostage" by the language barrier.
Just that you know that your work and help of everyone who contributes to this list is highly appreciated!

On 14/05/2017 at 3:56 AM, electricpants said:

@Gaarst, I think To Boldly Go should be moved to the external software section, because it generates the stars/planets/moons with an external .exe file.

As I understand it, To Boldly Go is more intended for modders that want to create their planet packs. It is an external resource, but as it is a tool for modders we've put it in the top "Mods for Modders" section so that it is more visible. One could argue that it could go in planet mods too, it's kind of a borderline case, thanks for making me notice this, I'll consider such cases later on.

On 15/05/2017 at 2:21 AM, Gordon Fecyk said:

Added!

On 16/05/2017 at 6:41 PM, maculator said:

cheers

It would be a good addition to the list, but as the few posts below yours discussed it would require a new category for "in-game documentation" as mentioned below. It's already easy to find, so I don't consider it a priority for now. I want to prepare the 1.3 update and discuss potential changes for the update in priority, but we'll get back to it!

On 19/05/2017 at 5:12 AM, cakepie said:

It's a good idea! I want to finish updating the library in preparation for the 1.3 update before this, but we'll add this category after that.

27 minutes ago, Kerbal101 said:

@Gaarst Yo, Gaarst! I am creating a translated version of your awesome page in Russian community branch.
The plan is not to translate the whole list, but rather do a few picks which is known to/used by Russian players and then link to this thread for more. This would at least be helpful to those, who are "held hostage" by the language barrier.
Just that you know that your work and help of everyone who contributes to this list is highly appreciated!

Thanks for the kind words! If we can help in other languages that I can't even read (besides a few rocket names) it's great! Localisation is a wonderful way to get new players into the community, so I hope your translation will help these new faces.

(I just realised that besides updating to 1.3, searching for mod translations is going to be a pain... oh well I have time)

14 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

Thanks for the kind words! If we can help in other languages that I can't even read (besides a few rocket names) it's great! Localisation is a wonderful way to get new players into the community, so I hope your translation will help these new faces.

Speaking of which, how about managing (editing) this list on some online spreadsheet platform, where speakers of other languages could just flip the tab - and provide translated string into other language.
Or something in this manner.
The generic idea is to would allow directly translating just the description strings, instead of recreating the similar topic and then watching the diffs/syncing to it.
Pardon me, if this has been discussed... Meanwhile I will go forward with the basic translated version (nobody eats the cake as whole at once! :). Thanks again and extra thanks for keepin an eye on 1.3!

2 minutes ago, Kerbal101 said:

Speaking of which, how about managing (editing) this list on some online spreadsheet platform, where speakers of other languages could just flip the tab - and provide translated string into other language.
Or something in this manner.
The generic idea is to would allow directly translating just the description strings, instead of recreating the similar topic and then watching the diffs/syncing to it.
Pardon me, if this has been discussed... Meanwhile I will go forward with the basic translated version (nobody eats the cake as whole at once! :). Thanks again and extra thanks for keepin an eye on 1.3!

This has been brought up quite a few times already and we've been looking into doing it. Since it would have been a pretty big change, I wanted to wait for 1.3 to arrive and for mods to update before changing the format of the list.

It was already suggested to make open to everyone for editing (though this still needs to be discussed), but the argument you brought about switching languages is a good one, I'm now pretty much convinced that this is the best for the future of the library.

Also I can't use online spreadsheets (unless it's Excel, I can somewhat use Excel), so I'll have to look into that too. Busy schedule ahead!

1 hour ago, Gaarst said:

Also I can't use online spreadsheets (unless it's Excel, I can somewhat use Excel), so I'll have to look into that too. Busy schedule ahead!

If you can use Excel you'll be fine with online spreadsheets. It's not like you're doing sophisticated data manipulation, just keeping a curated list, essentially.

"Posts like this are just as bad?"  Why is one calls attention to the update so people don't pester the addon devs - do you think the stickied one by the moderators is also "just as bad"? 

Come on man.   That's what I was doing here on the app list thread - specifically because the "is it done yet" folks might not read the March 1 stickied post by @sal-vager or they might not treat this resource the same as the addons, etc.  @Gaarst and @CarnageINC have done a huge amount of work, and I was hoping to highlight the impropriety of the "is it done yet" requests on this thread before they started, as well as directing them to the proper actions to take.

8 hours ago, Alshain said:

Posts like that are viewed as a passive aggressive way of saying "is it ready yet".  The rules say you can't ask for updates so instead people post complaints about people who might ask for updates (even though none have been made) as a way to call attention to the fact that there is a game update and they want the mod (or in this case list) updated.  You may not be doing that, but people do.

I was doing the exact OPPOSITE of that, come on. I don't see how there is any misunderstanding and I will defend myself against such.  I've seen the crap-posting people do, and was hoping deter such posts by pointing it out explicitly, as well as pointing to the specifics they should be doing (1st page, last several) and the people they unthinkingly impact (moderators and authors). I was pretty specific about that. Please read exactly what I wrote, not what your own biases bring to it. It is quite clearly the opposite.  

I know tone is awfully hard to carry in message boards, so I'll chalk it up to you misunderstanding my post - or else me misunderstanding the seemingly adversarial/confrontational/insulting tone of the first response - and the obvious misunderstanding expressed about the second response. I'm not going to wait for an apology, but at least I think you now understand what I was saying and doing. And this has gone far enough off topic, so respond whatever way you want, you can have the last word. Back to the updates, and the work that needs to be done in the addon ecosystems.

ADDENDUM: If I am out of line, please accept my apology in advance - my intent in this post is to clarify my response post and address what I felt to be unjustified and unhelpful criticism, and to restate that the original post intent was to help.

Edited by Murdabenne
clarification, typos