Gaarst

Community Mods and Plugins Library continued for 1.2.2

61 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Korbit said:

@Gaarst Awesome job!  I really missed the old one after it got lost.

 

The link to @agises In Game Notes App should be:

It currently links to Blizzy's Toolbar which is listed immediately above it.

Thanks for doing this!

No it doesn't :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

No it doesn't :wink:

@Gaarst You are correct.  I clicked on that link twice to make sure I didn't accidentally have the cursor on Blizzy's Toolbar by accident, and navigated to the Toolbar page twice.  Not sure what happened.

The main content of my post stands though:  Awesome job! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Korbit said:

@Gaarst You are correct.  I clicked on that link twice to make sure I didn't accidentally have the cursor on Blizzy's Toolbar by accident, and navigated to the Toolbar page twice.  Not sure what happened.

The main content of my post stands though:  Awesome job! :)

(It did, I just edited it really quickly)

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a note to say "Nice Job" with this list.  One minor problem I noticed though - the link to stupid_chris' "RealChute Parachute Systems" connects you to "Kerbal Launch Failure Revived", which is immediately above it in the list.  Here's the actual link for RealChute: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/52931-12-realchute-parachute-systems-v1412-141016/#comment-768045

But again, nice work on the list, and thanks!

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ZuluDoggy said:

Just a note to say "Nice Job" with this list.  One minor problem I noticed though - the link to stupid_chris' "RealChute Parachute Systems" connects you to "Kerbal Launch Failure Revived", which is immediately above it in the list.  Here's the actual link for RealChute: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/52931-12-realchute-parachute-systems-v1412-141016/#comment-768045

But again, nice work on the list, and thanks!

 

Who would have thought copy-pasting links could be so hard? :blush:

Thanks for the nice words and for making me notice, and welcome to the forums!

Edited by Gaarst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please add (in game time warp control).

 

Edited by westamastaflash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The great revived State Funding mod, mentioned by Squad Daily! 

 

[1.2.*] State Funding Continued: StateFunding is a Mod that tries to reward you for doing things you want to do. You can choose between two governments that have different play styles. Each quarter (106 Days) you will receive a review for that quarter and be paid out (or fined) depending on your performance. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MaxZhao said:

The great revived State Funding mod, mentioned by Squad Daily! 

 

[1.2.*] State Funding Continued: StateFunding is a Mod that tries to reward you for doing things you want to do. You can choose between two governments that have different play styles. Each quarter (106 Days) you will receive a review for that quarter and be paid out (or fined) depending on your performance. 

And done! Thanks for the suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, thank you, thank you for resurrecting my favorite forum thread! great work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Great job reviving this thread Gaarst, here is an important one I didn't see.

[1.1] TextureReplacer, by shaw - This outdated mod still works for v1.2.2.  This mod allows you to replace stock textures on Kerbal heads, EVA suits, planets and sky boxes

Edited by CarnageINC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to add in here for all the modders out there.  There is going to be a huge update in the future of the library.  We are hoping to bring some light back on some of the more obscure mods lost to time.  As long as your mod title has the 1.2 in the thread, we will try to ensure that it is on the library listing.  If your mod is verifiable still compatible with KSP 1.2.2 and is not listed as such, please PM me the link for that mod and we'll see to getting it on the library list.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just committed @CarnageINC's changes: mods are now ordered alphabetically within categories, categories order has been changed for more intuitive browsing, and a few descriptions have been edited/corrected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's one you missed: @Angel-125 revival of @tgruetzm Snacks - possible the most straight forward of all the systems, plus its highly configurable/extendable.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

Here's one you missed: @Angel-125 revival of @tgruetzm Snacks - possible the most straight forward of all the systems, plus its highly configurable/extendable.

 

Hi Murdabeene, the last few day i've collected 400+ new mod links that we'll be adding into the main library list in the next few days.  This mod is included in the new listing.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added CarnageINC's first additions with over 90 new mods!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gaarst, perhaps it's not as ideal as having the list directly embedded in a forum thread, but have you considered moving this to a Google Spreadsheet (or something similar)?

That way anybody can update the document with new information so that the task doesn't fall on your shoulders alone. You could, optionally, copy and paste the entire thing into the forum thread periodically. And save backups periodically if you're worried about someone messing it up. But I think something everyone can contribute is more likely to keep the list updated and alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, jofwu said:

@Gaarst, perhaps it's not as ideal as having the list directly embedded in a forum thread, but have you considered moving this to a Google Spreadsheet (or something similar)?

That way anybody can update the document with new information so that the task doesn't fall on your shoulders alone. You could, optionally, copy and paste the entire thing into the forum thread periodically. And save backups periodically if you're worried about someone messing it up. But I think something everyone can contribute is more likely to keep the list updated and alive.

I'm speaking only for myself on this.  I'm helping Gaarst out, I thought this might be a good way of doing things once I got past 200+ links mark that I've compiled.  I believe your idea is a valid one worthy of consideration.  Maybe it might be something that could be implemented in the future as a link within the library thread so the public can help us add more links.  To me, the main problem arises of one of organization.  Some people who want to help but don't really care about placement might create some chaos unintentional.   

Don' t get me wrong when I say this, all help is welcomed, but as for now as long as Gaarst is active, I think its best to have fixed, standardized, formatted library list updated by a few people.   jofwu, maybe you would like to help us out by starting the google spreadsheet for community use after our next big update coming out in a few more days.  I only ask to hold off, because the work of adding in several hundred new links as already been done, just quality control and organizational placement remains.

I'm sure Gaarst will also comment on this, perhaps he has a different view on it?

Edited by CarnageINC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jofwu said:

@Gaarst, perhaps it's not as ideal as having the list directly embedded in a forum thread, but have you considered moving this to a Google Spreadsheet (or something similar)?

That way anybody can update the document with new information so that the task doesn't fall on your shoulders alone. You could, optionally, copy and paste the entire thing into the forum thread periodically. And save backups periodically if you're worried about someone messing it up. But I think something everyone can contribute is more likely to keep the list updated and alive.

We already have backups so that's not a problem.

It's a good suggestion, however I'd like to wait a bit before doing this. Right now we are still "building" the list: most of what we do is add new mods and move them all around the place, I fear that with a public list this would become a big mess really quickly. It would be a good thing to wait for the list to reach a "finite" state where we will only add individual additions rather than buckets of 90 mods at a time.

On the other hand, when 1.3 will pop out, checking all the mods for updates will be a lot of work, so it is possible that we'll make the list public then. We'll definitely think about it.

12 hours ago, Darkona said:

I'm just bumping a bit to share this mod:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/155480-122-stockalike-station-parts-expansion-jan-23/

I didn't see it on the list :)

 

Kind regards,

Thanks! Adding it right now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Sure, I can see both sides. I think a benefit of a spreadsheet is that formatting isn't quite so tedious, since the info just sits in a cell and doesn't need to be clearly separated with brackets, commas, and so on in a consistent manner. I definitely agree that it's probably best to get the bulk of them in there first, so that you don't have a bunch of people adding duplicates or other conflicts. But moving forward, especially for game updates when all mods have to be rechecked, I think it would save you a LOT of work. Even if you didn't want to make it open to public edit, the fact that you can give editing rights out to a few people would probably be a relief. In my experience, it's a lot easier to simply maintain formatting/style/etc. in a wiki-type environment than it is to do that anyways on top of being the only contributor.

I gave it a shot with everything on the front page right nwo, just to play with the idea: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r9Lw9lArHn2qSm-eENvCr--DEKob2VD7vvch7dy8WB0/edit?usp=sharing. Probably would be best to have a "Status" column rather than using font color on the version number, so that they can be sorted/filtered by status.

You know, it might actually benefit you to start using something like this now. You can insert the raw data (version numbers, mod names, authors, etc.) and then use the spreadsheet to format it. See last column in my sheet. Need something fancier I think, like Excel, to get the text style and color... But might be helpful this way either way. Just a thought. Maybe helpful, maybe not. :)

Edited by jofwu
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jofwu said:

Sure, I can see both sides. I think a benefit of a spreadsheet is that formatting isn't quite so tedious, since the info just sits in a cell and doesn't need to be clearly separated with brackets, commas, and so on in a consistent manner. I definitely agree that it's probably best to get the bulk of them in there first, so that you don't have a bunch of people adding duplicates or other conflicts. But moving forward, especially for game updates when all mods have to be rechecked, I think it would save you a LOT of work. Even if you didn't want to make it open to public edit, the fact that you can give editing rights out to a few people would probably be a relief. In my experience, it's a lot easier to simply maintain formatting/style/etc. in a wiki-type environment than it is to do that anyways on top of being the only contributor.

I gave it a shot with everything on the front page right nwo, just to play with the idea: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r9Lw9lArHn2qSm-eENvCr--DEKob2VD7vvch7dy8WB0/edit?usp=sharing. Probably would be best to have a "Status" column rather than using font color on the version number, so that they can be sorted/filtered by status.

You know, it might actually benefit you to start using something like this now. You can insert the raw data (version numbers, mod names, authors, etc.) and then use the spreadsheet to format it. See last column in my sheet. Need something fancier I think, like Excel, to get the text style and color... But might be helpful this way either way. Just a thought. Maybe helpful, maybe not. :)

Awesome!  Thank you for the link!  WOOT WOOT!  When the new update comes out, I'll let you or Gaarst update this list...I'm about fried out with what been done so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @Gaarst would you like to add 3 LonesomeRobots parts packs to your list?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, silentvelcro said:

Hello @Gaarst would you like to add 3 LonesomeRobots parts packs to your list?

 

 

Already got you covered my friend, these will be on the new list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now