KSP Weekly: We’re turning into polyglots!

SQUAD

20 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

I'm a few days late to the party on this topic (sorry), but wanted to say that from the visibility I have there is a roadmap/feature plan/future plan (which ever terms suits), but no it is not public.

Thanks @TriggerAu! Good to hear on the roadmap.

Makes sense it's not public, but any chance some part of it could be publicized? Or a version of it? 

Just curious, not trying to be demanding of anything :P

On 2/8/2017 at 4:48 AM, TriggerAu said:

I'm a few days late to the party on this topic (sorry), but wanted to say that from the visibility I have there is a roadmap/feature plan/future plan (which ever terms suits), but no it is not public.

Very understandable that it is not public, for reasons that have been covered at length.

But is it possible to perhaps reveal one or two things which are *not* on it? Or how long it is (long, short, 6 months, 6 years, 6 pages, 6 lines! anything!)? Any peripheral detail would help sate our hunger!

Cheers!

4 hours ago, p1t1o said:

But is it possible to perhaps reveal one or two things which are *not* on it? Or how long it is (long, short, 6 months, 6 years, 6 pages, 6 lines! anything!)? Any peripheral detail would help sate our hunger!

Every detail that is released(including that the road-map exists at all) will only be met with requests for more, and people will still be complaining about something(be it the lack of detail or the contents of the road-map)

16 minutes ago, Terwin said:

Every detail that is released(including that the road-map exists at all) will only be met with requests for more, and people will still be complaining about something(be it the lack of detail or the contents of the road-map)

On 2/5/2017 at 8:21 AM, klgraham1013 said:

It's true.  Some will complain no matter what, but if you let a few's complaints outweigh the praise of the majority, then you're doing it wrong.

17 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:
  On 2017/2/5 at 11:21 PM, klgraham1013 said:

It's true.  Some will complain no matter what, but if you let a few's complaints outweigh the praise of the majority, then you're doing it wrong.

Is there someone who insists that statistics on the number of remarks has meaning? That should not be. Because those who are here seem to be "top notch critics".

I am just a passing KSP enthusiast.

Edited by EBOSHI
Corrected misdisplay several times

55 minutes ago, Terwin said:

Hogwash. Impolite requests for information that has been asked for and reasonably refused many times are a constant. Does it make sense to refuse reasonable requests for information just to avoid triggering them?

No.

If they dont want to release anything, fine, but if that is the reason, I'd rather not know. Note that in my OP, Im hardly asking for the Earth.

13 hours ago, scottadges said:

Thanks @TriggerAu! Good to hear on the roadmap.

Makes sense it's not public, but any chance some part of it could be publicized? Or a version of it? 

Just curious, not trying to be demanding of anything :P

6 hours ago, p1t1o said:

Very understandable that it is not public, for reasons that have been covered at length.

34 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

Hogwash. Impolite requests for information that has been asked for and reasonably refused many times are a constant. Does it make sense to refuse reasonable requests for information just to avoid triggering them?

No.

If they dont want to release anything, fine, but if that is the reason, I'd rather not know. Note that in my OP, Im hardly asking for the Earth.

It would not be necessary for the development team to take care of the hungry individuals.
There is no need to give something to those who repeat Impolite requests.

Edited by EBOSHI

39 minutes ago, EBOSHI said:

It would not be necessary for the development team to take care of the hungry individuals.
There is no need to give something to those who repeat Impolite requests.

I agree for Eboshi.

Programer is very very busy, and very challenging.
There's no doubt so is another KSP staff.

I'm happy. becouse we can look "KSP Weekly" everyweek without fail !

On Thursday, February 09, 2017 at 8:13 AM, Terwin said:

Murphy's Oil Soap Law ... there are those who will complain no matter what you do

Either it will be not enough, your doing it wrong, that is not what we want to hear, you don't know what your doing or the many other forms of arguments from authority that the internet tends to use

Ask for a citation concerning a specific position and all you get is subjective discourse

Murphy's Oil Soap Law ... it is slippery, can look good from a certain point of view and sticks to surfaces no matter how hard you scrub

Edited by DoctorDavinci

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.