[1.4.x ] Large Boat Parts Pack v3.9.3 Read first post before installing

SpannerMonkey(smce)

Just now, XOC2008 said:

It's true. He shows us stuff and then cackles with mad glee: "MUAHAHA You cannot have it!" And then we sob like children who have lost their favorite toy.

Well you at least you get access to some of the stuff early, i have to wait like the rest of us chumps. but its still my favorite mod, and then followed by bd armory 

1 minute ago, acerarity said:

Well you at least you get access to some of the stuff early, i have to wait like the rest of us chumps. but its still my favorite mod, and then followed by bd armory 

Sure, but we get all the bugs and have to spend time testing and reporting. You get the all fun part of getting the cool parts at their functional level. :D

4 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

Sure, but we get all the bugs and have to spend time testing and reporting. You get the all fun part of getting the cool parts at their functional level. :D

Well more accurately..... You do all the hard work.... I just build stuff with the parts and provide emotional stability to all the staff members :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few shots of one of my newer cruiser projects.  This is the Habicht Class light cruiser.  5 triple 6 inch turrets as the main armament with 8 double 5 inch secondary turrets, and a fairly solid AA compliment:

Spoiler

42c1d448141892add076104d7cc93374.jpg567a5d30eb6d009b5a6c036484a650e2.jpg12ed898f2ad8197c6f6f2d98dbcd07f6.jpgb72877c7510dc3e1f67b4ca6a95ddd08.jpg (I'm very proud of that little 20 mm emplacement I made for the bow of this ship) 1a80c408fc8929635b8d478fa1446118.jpg4251f2df089335c9fd4026e8ecd7f28b.jpg

Still have some more handrails and other small detail type bits to add, but functionally it is ready to go, minus being short on ammo for some of the AA guns.  Currently sitting at 175 parts.  After this I'm bringing my main battleship into dry dock for refit with these awesome new superstructure pieces.

Here's some of my warship projects.

Samurai Class heavy cruiser  (IJN Tone replica)
BI4Zqmo.png
ikuW2Kn.png

Slingshot Class light cruiser (USS Atlanta replica)
XcgqVN6.png
kjY27HA.png

Red Bull Class light cruiser (HMS Minotaur replica)
dxbSpDZ.png
4e01c8b.png

Empress Class Battleship (HMS Warspite replica)
82vevJR.png
3ggxcKW.png

Edited by Violet_Wyvern

56 minutes ago, Violet_Wyvern said:

Here's some of my warship projects.

Oh yes some of those are very nice indeed and will be dropped in the gallery in the first post.  Nice work.

General news as it's been a while.

Not a lot going on in L:BP right now, tracking down some bugs related to new parts in SM Marine and their interaction with hangars etc . It seems a load of little internals errors crept in to that last update, speed modding, never works out :) sorry guys.    I've squashed most of those now.  I'm going to hold off on an update until we have the hangar issues sorted, as they really will need to work properly with the SMM stuff

As I'm feeling fairly amiable this evening

Spoiler

zOsfZ1Y.png

PS i find these screenshots  interesting for two reasons, first it restores some confidence that all is not yet lost and there are people out there with some creativity left,   and because it shows me which parts we're still missing for a fully rounded big ship mod

Cheers all.

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
ps

More projects has completed today...

Spoiler

Cab-lion class Battlecruiser (IJN Kongo replica)

rvCqhO4.png
9yyV9Et.png

Spoiler

Iron-tower class Battleship (IJN Fuso replica)

JKkNWKP.png
AyngetV.png

Spoiler

Shinobi class heavy cruiser (IJN Zao replica)

4SuS4G7.png
aLRQ0Lv.png

Spoiler

Shogun class Battleship  (IJN Yamato replica)

BwQoYIR.png
heQXwIY.png

Unterseeboot parts?

22 hours ago, Violet_Wyvern said:

More projects has completed today...

Reveal hidden contents

Cab-lion class Battlecruiser (IJN Kongo replica)

rvCqhO4.png
9yyV9Et.png

Reveal hidden contents

Iron-tower class Battleship (IJN Fuso replica)

JKkNWKP.png
AyngetV.png

Reveal hidden contents

Shinobi class heavy cruiser (IJN Zao replica)

4SuS4G7.png
aLRQ0Lv.png

Reveal hidden contents

Shogun class Battleship  (IJN Yamato replica)

BwQoYIR.png
heQXwIY.png

Craft files?

14 minutes ago, redmonddkgamer said:

Unterseeboot parts?

Craft files?

Well there are sub parts but they are basically for a Typhoon-class sub. No WW2 era subs as of yet. (Doesn't mean he's not working on them, or not planning to.)

Just now, redmonddkgamer said:

What control surfaces and engines for the Typhoon?

As far as I know they are pretty much all the original ones from the first iteration of the mod before @SpannerMonkey(smce) took over maintenance and development. The sub engines should look like the waterjets but just the 'end' part. The surfaces.. I can't remember if there were specific ones for the sub parts but procedural all moving parts will do in a pinch.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've done very simple ship and launched it. Moved it via Vessel Mover to sea and it slightly touched water, then it started spinning so quickly and I have no idea what can cause it. I have on the ship just few NAS AAs and ammo packs. Any ideas? I would be very thankful, because making more ships is nonsence when they will do the same...

P9gYqzJ.jpg

Edited by Toonu

9 minutes ago, Toonu said:

, then it started spinning so quickly and I have no idea what can cause it.

Hi have to say that is a new one to me, I thought i'd seen all the ways for the kraken strikes on our ships.  It's also the first time i recall it being reported, .

The only thing that strikes me is the few ammo packs, depending on what they are they can be extremely heavy , and it is possible to roll a ship from weight of ammo alone. 

All onboard  ammo I carry is usually offset to just above the waterline as this is the most neutral position for the mass. 

I'm not saying that is your problem, just a guess, as I say  i've never had it happen even in testing when things can be very sketchy indeed.

Ok, I will test that. Can the problem be FAR? Like the rudder can be problematic?

EDIT: Actually tried move ammo lower in the hull, and it has about 16 tonnes. Still hte ship rotated and even exploded at speed of 24 000m/s flying apart...

Edited by Toonu

Yes the rudders can bite you especially if scaled large or have many fitted, there is a runaway effect caused by the lift the rudder is producing being converted into speed,. this is as a result of the aero changes and we just have to live with it,

There is no way to tell a rudder that it is in water and should behave differently than an aerodynamic surface on an aircraft. 

I usually recommend  1 large or two small rudders at most and either choose gimbal steering or rudder steering not BOTH, if you chose rudders ,lock the engine gimbals, and if you chose gimbals reduce the effectiveness of the rudder/s to zero,  Avoid hard turns on large vessels, as large vessels suffer the results far worse than small ones, or rather it is easier to recover a small runaway than a large one.  Another thing that can help prevent runaways and help in general maneuvering is to  use the bow thruster modules from SM Marine.

AS for FAR effects i have no clue as I have not used FAR in a long time, but i recall that the water is changed as a result of the changes that far makes, so maybe,  I recall fengist (maritime pack) being quite disparaging about what FAR does to the sea

Can i see some images of the ship? there may be something obvious in it's design

I'm mad :( Why always only I have problems, not just this mod, but others too....when I also add NAS turrets (2x 17 tonnes) it is even more flying out of solar system :D

I will send you screens

Here it is...

Edited by Toonu

28 minutes ago, Toonu said:

Here it is...

The ship itself is more than fine , nothing out of order there, quite pretty in it's own way, BUT the drives and rudders are way too large and the rudders especially that type are a serious Kraken invite at that size remove one of them and reduce the size by half  . The drives are speed limited, scaling them up just makes you get there faster, they should be half the size they are now  and further forward. Try that and see what happens,

Thanks for efforts, yeah I had normal sized drives and the ship has gone only 8m/s I know its about 30km/h but a bit slow for agile destroyer. :D So I scaled it and...you know...but I will try as soon I will get home and let you know. :wink:

1 hour ago, DarthVader said:

Taking requests? I'd like a offshore supply ship like Go Quest/Searcher. 

its easy to make one, just use IR, with docking ports, and KIS magnets or something, and then use parts from other mods to build the shape of it, and use the hulls from LBP and/or SM marine. I worked on one, and it turned out well, but i changed computers, and didn't transfer my ships

Edited by acerarity