[1.4.3 v 1.2.3] SM_Stryker BDA 1.22

SpannerMonkey(smce)

9 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

By add, you mean placed and configured for the ammo type by the right click menu, I assume. (I hate to ask such a simple question, but it's something that could be easily missed.)

Yes i did that.

8 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

@Salvator What I suggest is A) Make sure you have a current Firespitter installed. If it still doesn't work, then B) Remove and reinstall BDArmory. We'll work from there and see how that goes.

I have an up to date version of firespitter and I removed and reinstalled BDArmory when i found out i have an old version of BDA.

Oh and by the way, not all guns that have their own ammo work well. I tried the howitzer, that one was fine, but the ST-GSh 23mm (didn't try the pod version) sometimes suddenly works, usually first time i pull the trigger, but the next time it doesn't. The same happened when i tried the ST-SUU.

Edited by Salvator
typo

7 hours ago, Salvator said:

Yes i did that.

I have an up to date version of firespitter and I removed and reinstalled BDArmory when i found out i have an old version of BDA.

Oh and by the way, not all guns that have their own ammo work well. I tried the howitzer, that one was fine, but the ST-GSh 23mm (didn't try the pod version) sometimes suddenly works, usually first time i pull the trigger, but the next time it doesn't. The same happened when i tried the ST-SUU.

I can tell you I had a similar problem and am trying to track down the source. For me, the 7.92 mauser ammo had some install glitch in the Universal Ammo Box and changed the way it was written. You could check that and see if that fixes part of the problem. It should read 7.92x57mmMauser. I can't be sure what the other issue is, as I have that happen sometimes which seems to be a bug inherent to BDAc and affects varying weapon mods at times.

12 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

For me, the 7.92 mauser ammo had some install glitch in the Universal Ammo Box and changed the way it was written. You could check that and see if that fixes part of the problem. It should read 7.92x57mmMauser.

I'll check that when i get home, but now as you talk about it I think i recall, that after configuring the universal ammo box it doesn't say "7.92x57mmMauser" but something along the lines of "7.92mau". But I'm not sure how that could fix even a part of the problem...

2 minutes ago, Salvator said:

I'll check that when i get home, but now as you talk about it I think i recall, that after configuring the universal ammo box it doesn't say "7.92x57mmMauser" but something along the lines of "7.92mau". But I'm not sure how that could fix even a part of the problem...

In the config file for the ammo box on mine, and sounds like on yours too, it was 7.92A~Mauser or something to that effect. I had to change it to 7.92x57mmMauser manually. I'll be testing to see if that fixed it shortly, along with a few others things and can tell you when I get done. As this doesn't seem to affect everyone (and I looked in the zip file where it seems to be just fine), it seems to be some weird install glitch that only affects at random.

1 minute ago, XOC2008 said:

In the config file for the ammo box on mine, and sounds like on yours too, it was 7.92A~Mauser or something to that effect. I had to change it to 7.92x57mmMauser manually. I'll be testing to see if that fixed it shortly, along with a few others things and can tell you when I get done. As this doesn't seem to affect everyone (and I looked in the zip file where it seems to be just fine), it seems to be some weird install glitch that only affects at random.

Oh I see. Ok, as I said, I'll check that when I get home and let me know if You find out anything. Thanks a lot mate :)

4 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

Hi, so i checked the BDAcUniversalAmmoBox.cfg and it says exactly 7.92x57mmMauser. So i guess this isn't the problem :(

20 minutes ago, Salvator said:

Hi, so i checked the BDAcUniversalAmmoBox.cfg and it says exactly 7.92x57mmMauser. So i guess this isn't the problem :(

Yeah and I fixed my config file and it's still not working on my end. I'll talk to Spanner and see what can be done.

• 1 month later...

SM_Stryker Aerospace and Armory KSP 1.4.3 BDA 1.2.1 ONLY

Updates for KSP 1.4.3
Changes and updates for BDA 1.2.1
Switched all suitable engines back to FS engine sounds to prevent engine sound at launch

GHUBpMV.png?1

DWI as supplied to EnemyMine  part not contained in SM Stryker

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

• 3 weeks later...

It's truly awesome to see that the mod has so many followers still today. @SpannerMonkey(smce) you are one heck of a dedicated KSP fan. In the future im considering making a partnership to use what I can do today and apply it to KSP, I guess that the content I pulled off in a week I can now make in a day. But this is just a thought, summer's coming up and i'l give it a go. Until then... Thank you all. PS: Sorry for the crap colliders, I didn't know very well what I was doing, besides I used Sketchup to model, BIG mistake ahaha

@strykersm Hi great to see you around, it's been a while. Re dedicated fan sadly the current version of the game is pretty horrible and has reduced my enthusiasm massively.
Like you .i made noob errors too , and things have changed a lot in that department, and although i can make things a lot faster i tend not to, preferring to spend a little more time on the details or paint.  Wow sketchup really?, i've adopted other sktechuped mods and it wasn't anywhere as easy as this, yours being probably some of the best sketch to ksp i've ever seen, no dupe and surplus faces and materials for instance. See you in the summer :)

• 2 weeks later...

A interwar-like fighter using SM-Stryker, AirplanePlus and BdA + aviator's arsenall parts:

JP6YMgY.png

Wing size tweaked with 'tweakscale', ailerons and flaps by procedural wings. 

I use FAR too, so it has working flaps, and since FAR makes everything more difficult, the weight was capped at 4 tons (which already is a lot!) by adding only a couple of .50 machine guns from aviator's arsennal, diminishing the wing's structural strenght (a FAR feature) and bringing along only enough fuel for some 25 minutes of flight. 

It stalls at 45m/s, but only 35m/s with full flaps. Top speed is around 120m/s. Crappy performance for KSP standards, right? But actually quite good considering the weight, engine power, what it was designed for, and of course the extreme realism provided by FAR, which REALLY FORCES YOUR HAND to design sensible, realistic airplanes. (EDIT: so maybe it's no wonder it ended up looking so much like a real life plane. Needless to say, all Centers were properly placed, which influenced how it ended up looking). 

YqkoWDX.png

This is all 1.3 KSP or course. Half those mods haven't got into 1.4 yet and maybe never will. I am only posting this to show what can be done with half a dozen mods, this one in particular! Kudos to the dev!

Edited by Daniel Prates

• 2 months later...

Hi there @SpannerMonkey(smce),

I have only now just realized how far ahead in the tech tree the ST NOIR engine is. Well, using community tech tree anyway - can't say for stock tech tree but I imagine it must be in the same node.

Seeing that it is supposed to be a very early stages piston engine for an aircraft worthy of the movie "those magnificent men and their flying machines", shouldn't it be moved to a way earlier node? 

7 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

Hi there @SpannerMonkey(smce),

I have only now just realized how far ahead in the tech tree the ST NOIR engine is. Well, using community tech tree anyway - can't say for stock tech tree but I imagine it must be in the same node.

Seeing that it is supposed to be a very early stages piston engine for an aircraft worthy of the movie "those magnificent men and their flying machines", shouldn't it be moved to a way earlier node? 

Spanner really doesn’t tend to make mods with career modes in mind, so tech tree positions aren’t really a concern under most circumstances.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2018 at 2:39 AM, Daniel Prates said:

just realized how far ahead in the tech tree the ST NOIR engine is. Well, using community tech tree anyway -

shouldn't it be moved to a way earlier node? 

As my colleague mentioned i haven't played or given any thought to career mode games for a considerable time, however as such i really don't care where in the tree it is , so make a suggestion and I'll change it.

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

As my colleague mentioned i haven't played or given any thought to career mode games for a considerable time, however as such i really don't care where in the tree it is , so make a suggestion and I'll change it.

My suggestion would be the very first node ("start"). It already has a reaction engine (the Flea) so a simple piston engine would fit right in. It would open possibilities for simple planes too. 

Thanks for listening!

Just had to install this to fix an issue with KAX, and even though I don't use BDA everything looks to be working properly in 1.4.5 - with one model exception; the P61 tailpod doesn't appear to have a front wall. This is only a minor issue when building, it doesn't seem to affect the airworthiness of the part.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wanting to make my P-61 black, but I can't seem to find any download links for DCK. Anyone know where I could find the mod?

Never mind, It's still up on Spacedock at the moment.

Edited by STT1

33 minutes ago, ermankerman said:

Hey, some of the parts arent loading. As in they arent there. At all. I have some cockpits and some engines, but thats it.

*puts on scratched record*

Did you install all the dependencies? Did you install them in the right place? Have you checked there's no conflict between this and another addon? Have you unlocked all the appropriate science nodes? Please provide a log.

*removes record*

• 3 weeks later...

I'm calling this Sanka Mk.C (because the Centurion engine that looks perfect for Mk.B doesn't have a reverse thrust option). This one flies surprisingly well (in stock aerodynamics, at least), if only the rear tank is fueled up and not the nosecone.

UvzSNRN.jpgTvcywdS.jpgq1B59jJ.jpgErVYW5N.jpg

Edited by TK-313

• 5 months later...