Unlimited Power?

Spacetraindriver

On 2/4/2017 at 3:12 PM, Spacetraindriver said:

I was just wondering... What if someone were to take a solar panel, hook it up to a light, then aim that light at the solar panel? Would that work? IDK. 

That's how i'm powered. I never lose evergy. I absorb heat and turn it into moar solar panels and light bulbs.

I'm a self powering factory

:D

4 hours ago, p1t1o said:

At this point though, you are approaching the point where you would be much better off ditching the envelope and using a bit of aerodynamic lift instead (noone is going to be dragging a blimp enevelope through the air at 45kts), drag would drop waaay down and now you have a conventional glider, and we know those can be made to work very well, and can travel much faster than the wind and in fact would be tied to it [the wind] far less than a dirigible.

Yeah, after posting this, I got to thinking a blimp is probably the worst vessel to try this on.   But if you used wing sails in conjunction with powered 'flight', a blimp could be made to go much faster and more efficiently.   They already use wing sails and other 'masted' supplementary propulsion on cargo freighters and super tankers to reduce fuel usage.  Not like a blimp needs much help in the efficiency department, on a purely time aloft vs fuel consumed scale. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.