KSP 1.2.2 SVE+Scatterer lagging

is there any way to improve my FPS ?

my FPS is 7~4 while launch in 'SVE ed' bodys.

I would like to know how to increase FPS by changeing setting or installing mods that will help with my FPS. (I don;t want to delete SVE or Scatterer)

CPU: i5 6400 @ 2.71Gh (3.25 when overclocked)

GPU: HD 530 :( (512mb vram)

RAM: 8gb

p.s. (i have 23 more mods)

tell me if you need any more info

Edited by robot#2

Well, as you mentioned in your OP, your GPU is lacking some strength. What you could do is set the ocean scatter to 64, all the graphics to it's lowest. Also playing on a lower resolution gives your video card a bit more mercy. 
What mods do you also use? There are some mods which are known for fps-drops. 

Also, you can run your KSP in open-gl or dx11 mode. In your case, dx11 helps you the most it think. 
How-to's:

44 minutes ago, sDaZe said:

Download the last Scatterer release, should help your fps alot. The current one has some memory leaks 

I don't get it, what is the latest Scatterer release? This thread says that it is 0.0300 as Spacedock also does:

31 minutes ago, Ser said:

I don't get it, what is the latest Scatterer release? This thread says that it is 0.0300 as Spacedock also does:

Go into spacedock and click changelog and click on 0.0256 and download that one

hmm. I tried out everything that you guys suggested. I tried forcing DirectX11 and used the latest version of SVE and used the 0.0.256v of scatterer. Now I get 10~13 FPS. However, is there any way possible to dramatically increase my FPS? 

@robot#2, I have i5-4690 3.5GHz, 8Gb RAM, GPU GTX550Ti 1024 Mb.

With SVE 1.1.6 LR, bundled Scatterer 0.0300 , RealPlume, RPM+ASET cockpit and many other mods that shouldn't affect FPS much I had 9-10 FPS at the runway. Although, it's not necessary the visual mods who eat FPS as mods that perform some hard calculations or suboptimal seeks may also reduce frame rate significantly, as well as heavy log spam does, so they worth checking too.

Here's what I've done:

Updated video driver (but that not necessarily would increase or even save your FPS at current value)

Run KSP with -force-d3d11.
Disabled Godrays, terrain shadows, accurate sky reflections in Scatterer. Also I have ocean Fourier grid size set to 64 (32 makes it look too weird).
While in Flight scene I pressed Alt-0 to bring up EVE config. Navigated to clouds page and removed the Layer volume for Polar snow. That gave me +4 FPS instantly, despite of the fact that the snow wasn't ever visible.
But the worst evil for us are volumetric clouds, unfortunately. Decreasing the "distance" value according to SVE's author recommendations to 4000, 2000, 1000 hadn't brought much difference. So I just disabled all the Layer volumes.

Having all that done I have 17, sometimes 20 FPS at the runway. At least KSP clock isn't yellow all the time now :). At the title screen I have 60 FPS. But sometimes when I run KSP I see FPS settled at the value of 45 at the title screen for some reason and 10-14 at the runway. Restarting the game brings back normal numbers, so pay attention to that too.

Another factor I've noticed is software that runs in parallel. Having Firefox with KSP forums and Spacedock open I've noticed that my monitoring software showed 30% GPU load :huh:. Not sure, may be that was 30% of 50MHz to which my GPU slows down when not doing graphically intensive tasks but it's better to run the game with the number of software working in parallel minimized.

Also I've spent a weekend baking pancakes on my GPU (i.e overclocking it) and got +15% performance out of it. As a result other graphically intensive games have got +4-5 FPS but there's no effect in KSP (I won't tell that FPS even seem to be slightly reduced as I refuse to believe it).

And I've tried [1.2] Para-Sci High-Performance Atmosphere Pack v1.1 recommended in SVE's OP for laptops but had even worse frame rate, so that's all I've managed to get out of my system to the moment.

Edited by Ser

On 08.02.2017 at 7:26 AM, robot#2 said:

I guess it doesn't need much of it updated as if I remember well it's just a collection of other visual mods, so you probably just need to get updated versions of those mods.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.