Playing video games below the minimum.

NSEP

Like 2 years ago, i started playing subnautica, it worked fine untill graphics updates started to pop, wich decreased my preformance by alot. When i started playing again some time later, a message started popping up that my system requirements were below minimum, but unlike other games (that just crash, or give you an error message) i could still play with a whopping 5FPS or maybe even more. 

But how and why? I have a GT320 graphics card, and from my knowledge, does not support directx11. So does Subnautica not need directx11 to run unlike other games?

And is it even possible to play directx11 games with directx10?

Im not a gaming PC expert, im just curious (;

Edited by NSEP

2 hours ago, NSEP said:

Like 2 years ago, i started playing subnautica, it worked fine untill graphics updates started to pop, wich decreased my preformance by alot. When i started playing again some time later, a message started popping up that my system requirements were below minimum, but unlike other games (that just crash, or give you an error message) i could still play with a whopping 5FPS or maybe even more. 

But how and why? I have a GT320 graphics card, and from my knowledge, does not support directx11. So does Subnautica not need directx11 to run unlike other games?

As far as I can see, Subnautica still has support for DX9 - you can apparently force it to use DX9 by adding "-force-d3d9" to the executable string.

Likely the executable is seeing no DX11support and switching to use DX9.

no playthrough since  3 4 5 update here, not fan of the some of the latest "CEO shenanigan/feedbackSystemSpamBot not/xor/may be" heading, ((semanticly wise, and virtual device wise)), not really worried with the perf. aspect

& like said glutony insert hardware + combination + latest drivers yes/no weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee oh well nevermind

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

Is it a laptop or a prebuilt desktop? And if it's a dedicated graphics card in a PCI-E x16 slot, it is possible to remove it and replace it, but your power supply might not be able to handle it, and it might not be a standard power supply, so you'll also need a new case, but the motherboard is proprietary and you might just want to upgrade your CPU as well and that basically means you'll just get a new PC if you go down that route. Do you have a picture of your PC with the side panel (left side) off?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.