How to stop browsing the forum

MaxZhao

Well you can give your devices way of charging to a friend and

1. Have him take it home

2. Have him hide it in your house

3. Have him hide your device in your house and have him take the power cord.

Might be better for when it is closer to the test though. I have the same problem sometimes and just put my phone out of arms reach.

Find or create file "hosts" in your windows directory, if windows.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

and add a line:

127.0.0.1 forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com

Maybe this works, I'm afraid to try myself, because then I can miss some new post on the forum.

12 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

and add a line:

Maybe this works, I'm afraid to try myself, because then I can miss some new post on the forum.

Good old apple MBA here:D

56 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

There is no hope. You are lost.

If you have access to your router (or to someone who does), you could blacklist the forums for a bit. It'd make it impossible to get to the forums from home, except by cellular data.

I like that:P Actually I should just stop replying, like, NOW

27 minutes ago, MaxZhao said:

Good old apple MBA here:D

I like that:P Actually I should just stop replying, like, NOW

What's wrong with the random password? You could even combine that with changing the mail address associated with your account and signing it over temporarily to someone else for safekeeping.

1 hour ago, Camacha said:

What's wrong with the random password? You could even combine that with changing the mail address associated with your account and signing it over temporarily to someone else for safekeeping.

I would not trust any of my friends with it. They would pull an interesting move.

https://xkcd.com/862/

"After years of trying various methods, I broke this habit by pitting my impatience against my laziness. I decoupled the action and the neurological reward by setting up a simple 30-second delay I had to wait through, in which I couldn't do anything else, before any new page or chat client would load (and only allowed one to run at once). The urge to check all those sites magically vanished--and my 'productive' computer use was unaffected."

Heat will reliably destroy a hard disk or a solid-state drive with no possibility of data recovery.

A strong magnetic field will also do the trick, and in a pinch, remove the drives and give them a good minute or so with a hammer.

This is the only method that will really work.

If it helps, if you dont come back in 3 months and tell us how you aced your exams, everyone on here will know why and we will look down our noses at you.

Like this:

"Tut-tut. For SHAME..."

Well, it doesn't look like you've been very successful, judging by your profile history. :mad:

What about using the forums as a reward? Say, finish studying for a chapter, spend 15 minutes on the forum. No more than that, though!

23 hours ago, p1t1o said:

Heat will reliably destroy a hard disk or a solid-state drive with no possibility of data recovery.

A strong magnetic field will also do the trick, and in a pinch, remove the drives and give them a good minute or so with a hammer.

This is the only method that will really work.

If it helps, if you dont come back in 3 months and tell us how you aced your exams, everyone on here will know why and we will look down our noses at you.

Like this:

"Tut-tut. For SHAME..."

Alright, I'll do that! Will report back in 3 months time!

16 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Well, it doesn't look like you've been very successful, judging by your profile history. :mad:

What about using the forums as a reward? Say, finish studying for a chapter, spend 15 minutes on the forum. No more than that, though!

Yeah I know! But at least I didn't visit the forum at all yesterday! Doing it bit by bit!

On 2/5/2017 at 11:46 AM, kerbiloid said:

and add a line:

Before flash blocker and when ads were flash and I had a slow computer I did that for all the popular as serving domains to stop them from loading ads...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.